Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

I live in Robertsdale, AL. I work for Mobile Fire Department. I've been an Auburn fan as far back as I can remember. When Bo Jackson first hit campus I believe is when I turned. My dad was trying to brainwash me into a bammer, but Bo Knows!!! War Eagle.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alum EE '71

My name is Glenn.

I am married and we have 4 married daughters (all Auburn fans) and 13 grand children.

My youngest daughter and her husband (an Auburn man) hold our family's season ticket package.

From Mobile.

Lived in Auburn, Ft Lauderdale, Theodore, Bonifay, and now Irvington.

Engineer with CenturyLink in Bayou La Batre.

I will be retiring in a year or 2.

I grew up Auburn, went to my first game when I was 3. My parents always had season tickets so we went to every home game. I remember when Rusty Dean worked and lived at Sewell Hall. He was college friends with my dad so we would come in early, hang out with Rusty and his wife, and eat lunch and stuff with the players. Can you imagine a 12 year old kid in complete awe while having lunch with the likes of Lawyer Tillman (my favorite player back then)? I was overwhelmed to say the least...and hooked on Auburn forever! My parents are divorced but my mom still has season tix, I get to hit a few games up every year. I've been fortunate enough to see some of the biggest games and the best seasons in recent memory.

My dad, my sister and I are all graduates of Auburn...my kids will go there too! War Eagle!

Great post AU76 I to remember eating many a meals at Sewell Hall and getting into a few fights with David Langer. The food was awesome......... As a side note David and I did not like each other very much... Hell of a player but otherwise... well I leave the rest alone

• 2 weeks later...

My first introduction to Auburn came at Army basic at Ft McLellan in 1996. The first weekend pass my unit received was the weekend of the Iron Bowl. I quickly became an Auburn fan and later my brother-in-law worked as a GA under Yox from 2001-2004 which further strengthened my love for Auburn football. I am originally from the Chicago area and came back after serving 5 years of active duty in Texas and overseas. War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Dave. I was born in Birmingham and reared in Huntsville. Graduated from Auburn in '69 and '70. After graduation, took a job in Fort Worth, TX and have lived here ever since. Life-time AU fan.

Live in Bessemer, Al area graduated from AU 1968 played freshman baseball 1964 then redshirted 1965 was on limited time scholarship had to quit baseball to graduate before scholarship expired. WAR EAGLE!!!

My name is Caleb. I am from Andalusia, Alabama. I currently live in Montgomery, Alabama and work for Buckmasters. My boss Jackie Bushman is a Auburn graduate and wanted me to give everybody a big War Eagle for him! My wife and i are having a little girl in about a month so we will be adding to the Auburn family! Hope everyone has a happy new years. Go Irish and War Damn Eagle!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go folks. First off let me say WAR DAMN EAGLE!! Now that we have met, let me tell you about myself.

My name is Steve. I was born and have lived in Birmingham my entire life. I'm 43 years old and have been married for 20 and a half years to A fan of the enemy. I love her with all my heart, but hate her choice of team. ;) Anyway my father was is also a Bammer and he tried his best when I was a small child to turn me into a Bammer but he skipped out on me, my mother and my little sister and brother when I was 8 years old. My grandfather, A huge, old school Auburn man and former student for 2 years back in the late 30's and early 40's, then raised me and created one of the biggest Tiger fans of all time. My oldest son who is 20 years olf has been A true Auburn fan since ariving from the womb. My youngest son who is 14 was turned into A Bammer by his mother and his best friend when he was 6. I guess 1 out of 2 aint bad. LOL

Anyway I am happy to be A member of this great site and look forward to many years of posting here. There are only 3 things that are most important to me in my life. God, my family and THE AUBURN TIGERS! WAR DAMN EAGLE!! :wareagle:

• 6 months later...

From Birmingham, been a rabid AU fan all 34 years of my life. Never personally attended Auburn but have several family members who are alums of there. So I had no choice in the matter growing up. My only question is, why am I banned from the Facebook AUfamily page n why can I not start a topic on the forum? I rarely if ever posted much on the FB page and this is the first post i've made on the forum. Why am I blocked or banned? Kind of ridiculous. Other than that, I do enjoy reading the status updates on FB lurking on the forum occasionally. I would post more but i'm banned from posting threads. What's the deal?

From Birmingham, been a rabid AU fan all 34 years of my life. Never personally attended Auburn but have several family members who are alums of there. So I had no choice in the matter growing up. My only question is, why am I banned from the Facebook AUfamily page n why can I not start a topic on the forum? I rarely if ever posted much on the FB page and this is the first post i've made on the forum. Why am I blocked or banned? Kind of ridiculous. Other than that, I do enjoy reading the status updates on FB lurking on the forum occasionally. I would post more but i'm banned from posting threads. What's the deal?

Starting topics for noobs is restricted for a little while, you can obviously post though. Post your FB questions in the help forum and one of the mods will fig you out. Might be for the same reasons. IDK, welcome WDE!

You have to have 50 posts before you can start a topic.

Welcome to AUF

Howdy All, I currently split time between Tallahassee & Bradenton FL. Graduated in 88 (hence the name). Grew up in TN but was offered a NROTC scholly to Auburn and was convinced by a cousin to take it over another scholly offer. Didn't regret it. Lived in AU after I left active duty for a while until had to help out with a sick family member. Now kids are in college and wife is back in school at FSU.

Born and raised in south Alabama. Still live there though spent my career living and working on 5 diff different continents.Graduated from Auburn in 1973. Father graduated from Auburn in 1928. Mother worked for Auburn for 41 years. Sister graduated from Auburn in 1971. Many cousins graduated from Auburn over the years, some before some after me. neice graduated from Auburn a few years ago. Several cousins taught on faculty for their careers.

Retired from the Army in '93 and currently living in Dothan. About to retire for the second and last time. Graduated from AU in "72. Wife got her MEd from AU. Daughter graduated in 00. I mostly lurk, but I do enjoy the forums.

Was on campus two weeks ago - first time since my daughter graduated. To say it has changed would be an understatement. It is an entirely different place from the time I was there.

Anybody else on here have a meal plan at Thorntons?

War Eagle

War Eagle! My name is Cacey and I grew up in a little town in Birmingham and spent my entire childhood going to Auburn Games with my Grandfather. Over those years I came to love Auburn. Though I never went to school at Auburn I take great pride in being part of the greatest group of Fans (Family) in the country. Thank you to all the wonderful Auburn people out there who make us such a wonderful Family.

Archived