Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

From Robertsdale Alabama. Been and Auburn fan my whole life and even blew some of my parents money up there. whether we go on 0-11 or win it all I'm still 100% an Auburn fan

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading all the responses here. I should be the oldest and biggest cur.

Born in Biloxi, Miss and all my relatives are Ole Miss and MSU fans. The first college football game I ever attended was In Jackson, Miss.

I was raised as a military brat and have lived in three foreign countries and about 12 different states.

AUGolf should get a kick out of this: Graduated from Goose Creek High school played football and basketball for them and Stall High School in Charleston

Attended and and graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in Electrical Engineering. (hated Clemson day one) But I really didn't have any ties to USC other then it was cheaper to go to school in-state and that's were we lived at the time. I had scholarship offers in Basketball from schools like College of Charleston, Francis Marion and the Citadel (This one was never considered by me. See Military brat info. above) Walked on and made the freshmen team in 1970 but work load and basketball were to much. Claim to fame: Guarded Bobby Cremins alot. Not much call for 6' 4" power forward not named Charles Barkley.

Moved to Alabama to work in TV. Became associated with Jim Fyffe and started freelancing doing the Auburn coaches show and some practice and game production. What happened to me was you could not work with Jim without becoming an Auburn fan. The constant pressure was to much to bear! The other defining factor was after comparing the fans bases. (UA and AU) It was then a no brainer for me. I also worked some for UA's coaches show (Bear Bryant). I have been really lucky freelancing. I have done SEC basketball games for TBS, NFL games, Blue Grey game in Montgomery, NASCAR, NHL, Boxing for HBO, and the Olympics in Atlanta.

I am currently Director of Engineering for four TV stations and try to get to as many games as I can. Even though none of my kids attended Auburn. One child had a baseball scholarship in Georgia. Another son was on academic at South Alabama (Mech. Engineering). I still have one shot left. All are Auburn fans though!

After reading all the responses here. I should be the oldest and biggest cur.

Born in Biloxi, Miss and all my relatives are Ole Miss and MSU fans. The first college football game I ever attended was In Jackson, Miss.

I was raised as a military brat and have lived in three foreign countries and about 12 different states.

AUGolf should get a kick out of this: Graduated from Goose Creek High school played football and basketball for them and Stall High School in Charleston

Attended and and graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in Electrical Engineering. (hated Clemson day one) But I really didn't have any ties to USC other then it was cheaper to go to school in-state and that's were we lived at the time. I had scholarship offers in Basketball from schools like College of Charleston, Francis Marion and the Citadel (This one was never considered by me. See Military brat info. above) Walked on and made the freshmen team in 1970 but work load and basketball were to much. Claim to fame: Guarded Bobby Cremins alot. Not much call for 6' 4" power forward not named Charles Barkley.

Moved to Alabama to work in TV. Became associated with Jim Fyffe and started freelancing doing the Auburn coaches show and some practice and game production. What happened to me was you could not work with Jim without becoming an Auburn fan. The constant pressure was to much to bear! The other defining factor was after comparing the fans bases. (UA and AU) It was then a no brainer for me. I also worked some for UA's coaches show (Bear Bryant). I have been really lucky freelancing. I have done SEC basketball games for TBS, NFL games, Blue Grey game in Montgomery, NASCAR, NHL, Boxing for HBO, and the Olympics in Atlanta.

I am currently Director of Engineering for four TV stations and try to get to as many games as I can. Even though none of my kids attended Auburn. One child had a baseball scholarship in Georgia. Another son was on academic at South Alabama (Mech. Engineering). I still have one shot left. All are Auburn fans though!

Oh my lord A Goose Creeker. Was your Dad on subs/Navy? Son you have quite the resume.................

Call me golf its easier

I'm David, my family moved to Russellville, AL in 1981, I was about to turn 8 yoa. I had no idea about Auburn and uat, until my sister started dating and then married one of the elder's sons form church, who was an AU grad. After they married their birthday gift to me and my younger brother (also an AU grad) was taking us to AU football games. We went to a game every year from 1982 til 1991, the fall before I started at AU. I was hooked on AU by that time and turned down other sholly offers to go to AU. Met my now wife there, she is also AU grad, class of '98. I finished in '97 with degree in Criminology, I went to work at Opelika Police after college, then worked at Lee County EMA after that. The family moved to Nashville, TN in 2007.

I'm looking for tickets for a game or two this fall. If you have any please let me know. I've got a 12 year old son who loves Auburn football and is dying to get go back to Auburn for another game. I've promised him we would this year, we weren't able to afford it last year.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

War Eagle! Grew up an Auburn fan with influence from my mom who was an Auburn fan and raised me right and to spite her ex-husband and my dad a big bammer fan. My childhood memories are of Coach Dye, Shane Wasden, Slack, Rocker, Stan White, Pat Nix, 11-0, the Interception Game, the win at the swamp, etc. Born and raised in Dothan, still here. Attended AU in 98-99 but ended up getting my degree at Troy. Have always loved Auburn, will always love Auburn. Have already taken my son to several games and intend on some this fall. Love this site, its my one stop for all things AU as I avoid al.com at all costs.

War Eagle, I live in North Alabama (Florence). I grew up in a home filled with Bama fans, luckily a cousin of mine took me to an AU game when I was about 9 or 10 and I have been an Auburn fan ever since. I have converted my wife (who was raised a bama fan though she didn't really care much but is now an avid Auburn fan herself) and have two beautiful daughters (Rebecca "Jordan" and "Aubrey" Isabella) who love Aubie and all things Auburn.

I have been a member here for a few years just don't post much but plan to change that. WDE

Hi there. My name is Zach. I graduated from Auburn in 2007 (time flies). I went to law school post-graduation and am currently practicing in Jacksonville, Florida (hence the username).

I am originally from Melbourne, Florida. I was born and raised there.

I am married and just found out we are expecting our first Auburn Cub! So, we are excited. We apparently are not allowed to tell everyone yet, so I am only telling you all! :-)

I was born and raised in Russellville, too. Grew-up a Bama fan, but several of my classmates went directly to Auburn after high school and I would vist them while a student at NWASJC. Liked the campus, people and atmosphere better than UA. Then I changed my major and felt Auburn had a better field of study for my major than UA. Graduated in 1978 and then finished my MPA from AUM in 1981.

Our son graduated from Auburn in 2011. Daughter was headed to Auburn, but Troy kept recruiting her so she headed that way and had a great experience.

Go "Golden Tigers"!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I figure this is a good place for me to kick things off. My name is Ryan and I'm currently in Philly for grad school. I was born in Alabama, but grew up in Southwest Virginia.

As for my connection, my dad went to Auburn for undergrad, and thus I've grown up as and am to this day an avid supporter. I had a tricky decision on my hands for my undergrad.. I only applied to Auburn and one school in Virginia. I could stay in-state with a scholarship that would cover tuition in full and allow me to graduate with a bachelor's in a year or go to Auburn for 2 years with out-of-state tuition. I chose the former, but am still planning to get a degree from Auburn, most likely an MBA.

Unless my memory fails me, the first play I ever saw was Caddy's 80-yarder vs. Alabama in 2003. My first game was 2005 vs. Ole Miss, and unfortunately the last time I was in Auburn was A-Day in 2012. I'm planning on attending Fan Day after summer semester ends in a couple weeks to get a helmet signed. It'll be 15 hours by car, but well worth it.

Looking forward to being a part of this community. War Eagle!

Hello. I figure this is a good place for me to kick things off. My name is Ryan and I'm currently in Philly for grad school. I was born in Alabama, but grew up in Southwest Virginia.

As for my connection, my dad went to Auburn for undergrad, and thus I've grown up as and am to this day an avid supporter. I had a tricky decision on my hands for my undergrad.. I only applied to Auburn and one school in Virginia. I could stay in-state with a scholarship that would cover tuition in full and allow me to graduate with a bachelor's in a year or go to Auburn for 2 years with out-of-state tuition. I chose the former, but am still planning to get a degree from Auburn, most likely an MBA.

Unless my memory fails me, the first play I ever saw was Caddy's 80-yarder vs. Alabama in 2003. My first game was 2005 vs. Ole Miss, and unfortunately the last time I was in Auburn was A-Day in 2012. I'm planning on attending Fan Day after summer semester ends in a couple weeks to get a helmet signed. It'll be 15 hours by car, but well worth it.

Looking forward to being a part of this community. War Eagle!

Welcome and War Eagle!

• 3 weeks later...

As a long time AU fan and follower with alumni in the family, I'm stoked to have just moved here from Kentucky for grad school. The only disappointment thus far has been the lack of football-related enthusiasm I've noticed from most of my cohort. I would love to meet some fellow graduate students that wouldn't mind talking preseason over a few beers, so feel free to shoot me a message.

Disclaimer: must enjoy any and all (or lack of) variations of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Oh, and my wife and I are definitely hoping for some friends to help break in the tailgating house in a few weeks. :)

But glad to be here and WAR EAGLE!

As a long time AU fan and follower with alumni in the family, I'm stoked to have just moved here from Kentucky for grad school. The only disappointment thus far has been the lack of football-related enthusiasm I've noticed from most of my cohort. I would love to meet some fellow graduate students that wouldn't mind talking preseason over a few beers, so feel free to shoot me a message.

Disclaimer: must enjoy any and all (or lack of) variations of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Oh, and my wife and I are definitely hoping for some friends to help break in the tailgating house in a few weeks. :)

But glad to be here and WAR EAGLE!

Welcome to AUF Saul. Post often You are one smart man to pick such a fine beer

• 2 months later...

Born and raised in Houston County, AL and I became an Auburn fan at age three. My father, aunt, & cousins attended AU and I graduated with my undergrad there as well. I did the sorority thing which was okay but now as an adult I see it as a waste of money. Tuition was not as high back then as it is now, though. Anyway, grew up going to games and tailgating near Graves amphitheater. I remember the Eagle's Nest view also. How times change! I tell students I work with now ab getting dropped off by car at the front steps of Haley Center for class. Those were the days. Seems strange attending games now as it looks so different but it is still the loveliest village.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I believe this is the correct section for this.

Hi this is my intro post to AUFamily, some of may seen it on facebook!

I'm a football fan from Scotland. I like pro football have always been a big fan of NFL and in college I've mainly followed the players such as Tebow, Manziel, Newton, Clausen, Ingram and wanted them to do well on their teams.

Last year I said I would root for bama since I was going to visit Alabama for the first time and I liked some of their previous players I went to Tuscaloosa for the first time too and did a tour (my girlfriend lives in Mobile,AL) I went to the stores bought a lot of merch and stuff for my room though something didn't feel right...

I don't mean this about every Alabama fan but I couldn't help but feel a large part of their fan base are that dumb redneck racists who just shout roll tide at everything I had my doubts about what I just got into.

Anyways my girlfriend and her family are auburn fans (her grandad was a major auburn fan) they explained to me how auburn is a better school and all the bad stuff and about Alabama fans though I thought they were just messing.

Skip forward this summer and my second visit to Alabama

I visited her grandmas home and saw her granddads old office it was orange and blue with pictures of the old aubie logo and pics of Nova etc.

I felt a genuine connection to Auburn it was sentimental as opposed to a football team with cool Nike apparel. I'm also a baseball and basketball fan and the history with Barkley and Bo is awesome

The Tigers to me have that family feeling as opposed to the savage and ruthless Alabama fans who will aggressively say they are better.

...yeah there maybe alabama A's and apparel everywhere you go but that's what cool about Auburn is they aren't always the favourite or the most loved a saying I like to say is "we all we got, we all we need"

I am writing this message as I am back in Scotland now and got all that crappy red/crimson whatever they calling it out that didn't suit me,anyways and gonna throw that crap on eBay!

I have spent a lot of money in stores like Bama Fever/Tiger Pride, Walmart and Ross to get my wardrobe straight for the new season, boy oh boy does orange and blue look damn good on me. I was sitting on the bus and someone said war eagle to me and I said it back that was an awesome feeling.

I have not been to Jordan-Hare before but I really want to go to a game there next!

I AM ORANGE AND BLUE and hope to get to know you all I hope I am welcome and if you want to friend me you can

AUBURN FAMILY

Win lose or tie auburn till I die

W.D.E

Hi, my name is Ryan and I am a current student at AUBURN.

Grew up an Auburn fan since my brother graduated from here.

From South Alabama around the coast.

War Damn Eagle!

Archived