Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I HATE to admit it, my family used to cheer for the other side... Yes, we were fans of those evil, evil people. But... When my brother was deciding on where to go for college, he had scholarhips to both Auburn and Bama. Bama offered him more money, but he really liked the program here at Auburn more. So it was then that we were reborn as Auburn fans. We had cheered for Bama in the past, but we had no ties to the school, so it was an easy switch, and it was an amazing switch. Every year my brother was here, Auburn beat Bama. He was here for the six streak. He was in the band for years, and because of him going to school at Auburn, we became members of this amazing famiy. I am a die-hard Auburn fan, and I'll cheer for this school and team no matter what. After two years of community college at Wallace in my hometown of Dothan, I transferred here. I love it so far, and cannot wait to walk into the stadium for the my first game as a student here.

-War Damn Eagle!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys I am a current Auburn University Student 4 weeks away from a MBA, wow I love Auburn have been a member of a spirit team for 3 years now and it has been the best choice of my life!!! I love Auburn! I was raised to Parents and family members who were season ticket holders at Bama, but when I was nine years old an Auburn Cheerleader painted a Tiger Paw on my face!!! I knew Auburn was who I am at that moment!!! War Eagle!

Anyone who has facebook send me your name and Email if you want to be entertained by scott and I

Who's Scott???      j/k

I don't know....who is that?

Anyone who has facebook send me your name and Email if you want to be entertained by scott and I

Who's Scott???      j/k

I don't know....who is that?

Someone who plays head games with fans by holding out information for a very, very long time. Making us lose our minds by guessing alot :laugh::tease: :tease: :laugh:

Hey guys I am a current Auburn University Student 4 weeks away from a MBA, wow I love Auburn have been a member of a spirit team for 3 years now and it has been the best choice of my life!!! I love Auburn! I was raised to Parents and family members who were season ticket holders at Bama, but when I was nine years old an Auburn Cheerleader painted a Tiger Paw on my face!!! I knew Auburn was who I am at that moment!!! War Eagle!

Great story!

I'm from Alpharetta, GA north of Atlanta and settled on Auburn to become an engineer without having to live in downtown Atlanta (GT).

I subsequently fell in love with the campus, the University, and THE AUBURN TIGERS FOOTBALL TEAM.

As the name would tell, I'm an Electrical and Computer Engineer, dual degree in Wireless Software Engineering.  I'm still in school, graduating sometime in 2011, probably May.  I entered school in Fall 2005.

Former member of the Auburn Marching Band, pit percussionist.  Also been a part of the Auburn Steel Drum Band off and on through the years.

I am in a house divided, family is more Bama/LSU than it is Auburn. 

But I'm an Auburn Man, I do my best to stay true to the team, I've never booed our QB, I've supported Chizik from the start despite my doubts, I know that the team is really just a bunch of kids trying their hardest.

So get your shaker, your orange shirt, and bring your shouting voice, I'll be at the games!

War Eagle!!!!    :believe:  :we:

I'm from Kansas - I had several family members who lived in Alabama. Grandmother, Uncle and Aunt all graduated from Auburn.

I remember when I was little my Grandpa told me about Punt Bama Punt and with his and other family members influence I became a HUGE Auburn fan - couldn't imagine liking any other school.

I guess I am a bit older than most on here. I live near Birmingham and have for most of my life, except for my time at Auburn and in the Army. I have been an Auburn fan since 1948, when my brother entered school. Most of the streets were not even paved then. I particularly remember Ross Square not being paved. I was in school grom 1956 to 1960, so I went to Alabama Polytechinc Institute for four years and graduated from Auburn University. We did win our only real National Championship while I was there. I have nevered booed any Auburn coach or player. I reserve my boos for the referees, since they are paid. Maybe if their pay is raised we could improve the quality of officiating. I watch most of my Auburn football on tv now and I just turn off the sound and listen to the Auburn broadcast. I don't post often. Mostly, I just read. I am very disappointed to see the negative posts that appear from time to time. The kids read the threads too and I think it could hurt recruiting almost as much as booing our team like Georgia did last Saturday. Married for almost 50 years to one fron the dark side, but she is still a keeper. WDE forever.

I also attended the Punt bama Punt game, the LSU game the night the barn burned, the LSU game with all the interceptions and the first Auburn -Alabama game in Auburn. Ther were many more memorable games over the years.

Hey everyone! I just noticed this thread today. Great stories floating around, I thought I would share a little of mine.

I grew up in Bham and have been an Auburn fan for a long time, even among all the bammers that I grew up with. When I started looking at schools it didn't take me long to decide. AU was the only one that received an application. Although I had been a fan for a long time I never had the opportunity to attend a game until my freshman year. We lost that first game to Georgia Tech. I don't really remember by how bad or a whole lot about the game, but I do remember the eagle flying and I remember my life changing.

I just graduated in the summer, to make me the first in my family to graduate from a major university. I also have the good fortune of still attending this great University in the pharmacy school here on campus. While I feel I could die from the workload at times, I still make time for my tigers.

I will always bleed orange and blue.

WAR EAGLE!

Archived