Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

Hey everybody.  Todd Foltz here.  AU class of 1993, Communications major.  Grew-up in Winston-Salem, NC, and now live in a little 1-stoplight village just west of there called Lewisville.  Am a rabid Auburn fan, usually running my wife out of the house when games are on (when I can get them on tv up here).

Absolutely LOVE this site!  ...and I thought Facebook was addictive!  I can't get enough of this stuff now, football season is gonna be unreal!  Really looking forward to chatting you y'all.  This is about the only worthwhile source of Auburn info. /news that I've found.  Keep it up, and

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up going every Saturday to my Grandpa's (AU Grad) house to watch the Auburn game with my dad and uncle (AU Grad) or staying home to watch them when my Grandpa and Uncle attended them and basically just watched it because it was on. Then, in 2003, my Grandpa and I had a conversation where he told me about his experience at Auburn and how much Auburn and the football program really meant to him. I instantly felt a connection with Auburn. After one of the best seasons in Auburn Football history, he passed away. Even though I was deeply saddened, I was happy that he had the chance to see the team that he loved so much, go undefeated. Ever since that day, I have been the biggest Auburn fan in my family and will continue to be until the day I die. I can't think of anything that sends chills down my spine more than the feeling of being inside of a packed stadium practicing the traditions of Auburn Football. I can honestly say the first time I ever went to an Auburn game, I literally had to wipe the tears from my eyes because I was so overwhelmed. I will receive my A.A. in December and if everything works out, will be attending Auburn in the Spring of '09, but even if things do not go as planned and I end up at U.F. or something, I will always be an Auburn man at heart.

War Damn Eagle

• 1 month later...

I live in Argo, AL. I graduted from Auburn in 2000. I was a student manager for the football team in 1996 & 1997. I am tiger born and tiger bred and when I die I'll be tiger dead. :aufb:

:we:

This is better late than never.  I just noticed the thread

From the Dothan area.  AU Horticulture '03.  I work as a real estate appraiser along the Gulf Coast and also am in the process of opening a nursery so I can actually use my degree.  Most of my family went to school at Auburn but a few went to the other school as well.  I have been a Tiger since I could talk

I love Auburn Football as much as any human being possibly can (too much sometimes) and I love this site too.  Most everyone here is as hopelessly obsessed as me and I look forward to meeting you come this fall

I have seen we have had about 10-15 new members here in the last week or so. If you don't mind, post here your Auburn story and member info!

Went to Auburn in 1990-91.  Grew up in Mississippi and live about 30 miles from Oxford which Is mostly Ole Miss territory.  Alot of friends are Ole Miss or State fans.  Gives me great pleasure each and most every year to gloat a little over the victories that Auburn puts up.  And they ask me why I'm an Auburn fan, ha!

War Eagle to the bone!!!

From Birmingham, I live in Jacksoville, Al now where I am a senior at JSU (graduate aug 7), my dad, mom, grandparents, cousins, and aunts are all Auburn Fans (few of my cousins wents to AU) we all love auburn and we all are very intense fans. I bleed orange and blue.

Also I wanted to share a great Auburn experience, One of my fraternity brothers here at Jacksonville is from Cartersville, GA and is best friends with Ronnie Brown. On spring break 2006 I flew down to Miami and got to stay at Ronnie's house, He was hanging out with Mayo Sowell and Channing Crowder, Ronnie gave us $350 dollars to go out on the town and let us drive his Range Rover. Also there was a guy with an Alabama shirt on and Ronnie told him you can't wear that shirt in my house, the guy thought he was kidding and Ronnie was serious and he had to take the alabama shirt off (pretty funnny)

WDE

• 2 weeks later...

Graduated from Auburn High and have lived in Auburn my whole life!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

Slapout!  AU grad.  Fan since birth.  My father was hugh Auburn fan.  He and I would go to ball games when there were only 30,000 in stadium and they would give be giving tickets away.  Sat on the hill in the grass many a day.  Hate he passes away before things like 6 against Bama.  He took a lot of verbal abuse from the Bama fans at the round table at the local eatery. He would of loved it!! 

• 2 weeks later...

From Columbus Georgia,

Born in Valdosta Georgia

Became an Auburn Fan when i was 7 yrs old, to be honest i fell in love with the colors ( i was seven and my first year playing football) but from there i became more involved and understanding of the Auburn Family. Started attending football games regularly when i was in college with my best friend(Bradley RIP) and the love for Auburn deepened!!!! AU for Life!!! My wife came from California and really didn't know football until she met me!!! Now she is a huge AU fan also!!  :believe:

• 2 weeks later...

NO Doubt!!!! But i believe in my heart that he saw it, just from a different view, much better seat!!!!

From Montgomery, AL

Go by the nickname JD

Born in an Auburn family and bleed orange and blue. Played baseball at Auburn Montgomery, didn't quite make it to the the big AU. Currently a firefighter in  Montgomery. My wife is receiving her masters degree at Auburn in biology. I don't touch, wear, or even ride in any thing remotely crimson colored. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

:we::zapbama:

From Montgomery, AL

Go by the nickname JD

Born in an Auburn family and bleed orange and blue. Played baseball at Auburn Montgomery, didn't quite make it to the the big AU. Currently a firefighter in  Montgomery. My wife is receiving her masters degree at Auburn in biology. I don't touch, wear, or even ride in any thing remotely crimson colored. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

:we::zapbama:

AWESOME!! Welcome to the site man!! WAR EAGLE!!

currently live in Temple, Tx; I decorated my womb orange and blue(with help from mom) Work now as a molecular biologist and hate the long footballess summers

Hey all, I'm Sharon.  I met my hubby at Auburn in 1978 and we married in 1992 (took us a while, lol). We both grad. from the LVOTP and are season ticket holders for over 25 yrs. We now live in Hoover and have for over 10 yrs...I am from Selma though. We both bleed orange and blue and have many AU grads in both of our families. WDE everyone! I am SO glad to be here!!

Hey all, I'm Sharon.  I met my hubby at Auburn in 1978 and we married in 1992 (took us a while, lol). We both grad. from the LVOTP and are season ticket holders for over 25 yrs. We now live in Hoover and have for over 10 yrs...I am from Selma though. We both bleed orange and blue and have many AU grads in both of our families. WDE everyone! I am SO glad to be here!!

we're glad to have you here! cool story by the way  :)  WAR EAGLE!

Archived