Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

My name is Dave. I have lived in Evansville, IN since 2004 but before then I lived in AL for 19 years. Born and rasied in AL, but went to school in Opp. Lifetime Auburn fan and still follow everything about Auburn, even up in IN.  :tdau:

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

name is Brandon.dad played basketball at AU with Barkley for awhile till family reasons sent him back to Montgomery.my dad,myself,and my brother(student at AU) are the only three AU fans in the family.I am stationed in germany right now

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Huntsville.  Finished my master's at AU.  My grandfather and uncle are both AU grads.

My name is Mike

Born in Russellville, Al.

Live in Buford, Ga. metro Atlanta, one of our current commits Jessel Curry plays for Buford great kid. Plus the head coach is Jess Simpson who also played at AU. Buford is a powerhouse in Ga. football. I go to all the games.

Grad. Auburn 1974 main major Industrial Management loved AU so much I when summers and all to get 3 majors in 4 years.

Retired 3 years ago, I've been bless.

Shug Jordan, the greatest coach in Auburn history,  was a fraternity brother and would come to the frat house once or twice a quarter, we were on quarters in the old days. Lots of stories from Shug he was the best and I do mean the best. Such a southern gentleman with a great wife. He never forgot a name once he met you. I could go on and on.

My best friend from high school played football at AU. I went on many recruiting trips with him Ol Miss, Miss. St., Tn, Ga, and Ky. Met the Bear on 2 out of the  3 trips to Denny stadium and if you want to hear about the real Bear from 1969 I can fill you in. Just let me know. Nothing like Shug lets put it that way.

I played golf on the AU team. Can't play anymore too many physical problems, both hips replaced.

My sign in name augolf1716 means I was at the 17/16 game and let me tell you it was the greatest feeling in the world. Trolls were in shock! I mean total total shock!!

I could go on and on. I need to stop because I know this post is too long.  Sorry about that.

War Eagle for life!!

Mike :yay:

My name is Mike

Born in Russellville, Al.

Live in Buford, Ga. metro Atlanta, one of our current commits Jessel Curry plays for Buford great kid. Plus the head coach is Jess Simpson who also played at AU. Buford is a powerhouse in Ga. football. I go to all the games.

Grad. Auburn 1974 main major Industrial Management loved AU so much I when summers and all to get 3 majors in 4 years.

Retired 3 years ago, I've been bless.

Shug Jordan, the greatest coach in Auburn history,  was a fraternity brother and would come to the frat house once or twice a quarter, we were on quarters in the old days. Lots of stories from Shug he was the best and I do mean the best. Such a southern gentleman with a great wife. He never forgot a name once he met you. I could go on and on.

My best friend from high school played football at AU. I went on many recruiting trips with him Ol Miss, Miss. St., Tn, Ga, and Ky. Met the Bear on 2 out of the  3 trips to Denny stadium and if you want to hear about the real Bear from 1969 I can fill you in. Just let me know. Nothing like Shug lets put it that way.

I played golf on the AU team. Can't play anymore too many physical problems, both hips replaced.

My sign in name augolf1716 means I was at the 17/16 game and let me tell you it was the greatest feeling in the world. Trolls were in shock! I mean total total shock!!

I could go on and on. I need to stop because I know this post is too long.  Sorry about that.

War Eagle for life!!

Mike :yay:

Absolutely great story brother!! We're extremely happy to have you as a part of our great family here on the Auburn Eagle!! WAR EAGLE!!

• 2 weeks later...

War Eagle!

My name is Joshua. I am a lifelong AU fan. I now reside in Bham but I spent most of my youth(I am now 30 yrs old)

traveling between Auburn and B'ham. My Grandparents have always lived in Auburn. My grandad worked in  agronomy research and my dad and uncles are grads. I had to take a different path unfortunetely and could not attend the "Loveliest Village". I am and will always be AU to the bone.

:we:  from an auburn fan fightin the good fight in Bammer B'ham.

:believe:

Graduated from Auburn in '82. My mom and dad met there(dad graduated). Grandfather attended AU. First Irown Bowl 1966 and went to 5 straight. Haven't missed one since 1976. My oldest son starts there Fall 2010(already bought him a new mobile home to go on "Wire" just like pop). This is a great website. Much better than the one I pay $99 a year for. People on there are very rude and have a smart alleck answer to every post. I won't be renewing. If I want attidude, I will go to al.com and fight UAT fans. War Eagle !!!

I became an Auburn fan in 1948 when my brother enrolled at Auburn. Until I enrolled at Auburn (API then) I listened to all Auburn games on the radio. While at Auburn (the football seasons of 1956, 1957, 1958 and 1959) I attended all home games and almost all away games. I was at the 17-16 game and many others over the years, including the LSU game when the old Sports Arena (the barn) burned and the game that cost Curly Hallman his job when Auburn intercepted 4 passes for touchdowns. I gave up my season tickets when it got to where I was so tired when I got to the top of the upper deck, I could hardly watch the game. I still attend a few and watch every available game on tv. I still listen to the game on the Auburn Network so I will really know what happened. I guess I could say I am all Auburn all the time.

I became an Auburn fan in 1948 when my brother enrolled at Auburn. Until I enrolled at Auburn (API then) I listened to all Auburn games on the radio. While at Auburn (the football seasons of 1956, 1957, 1958 and 1959) I attended all home games and almost all away games. I was at the 17-16 game and many others over the years, including the LSU game when the old Sports Arena (the barn) burned and the game that cost Curly Hallman his job when Auburn intercepted 4 passes for touchdowns. I gave up my season tickets when it got to where I was so tired when I got to the top of the upper deck, I could hardly watch the game. I still attend a few and watch every available game on tv. I still listen to the game on the Auburn Network so I will really know what happened. I guess I could say I am all Auburn all the time.

Welcome, sure sounds like you have seen some great ones over the years.  I was at the Barn burning game too.  We were on the opposite side and able to see the flames clearly over the top of the stadium.

Great story brother your a true Auburn man. I too can not attend as many AU games as in the past due to physical problems but the heart is still there.

Welcome, sure sounds like you have seen some great ones over the years.  I was at the Barn burning game too.  We were on the opposite side and able to see the flames clearly over the top of the stadium.

Unfortunately I was close enough to feel the heat. It was sad, considering how many basketball games I attended there. War Eagle!!!

My Name is Mike.

I'm Originally from Selma. I'm an Air Force man, Stationed at Moody AFB, GA......FINALLY! after 17 years close enough to attend some games again. It's the one thing in life that I have been missing since I joined the military.

I have been an Auburn Fan as long as I cared about football, in a Family of Alabama and Ole Miss fans.

See you guys in the stands.

WAR EAGLE!

My Name is Mike.

I'm Originally from Selma. I'm an Air Force man, Stationed at Moody AFB, GA......FINALLY! after 17 years close enough to attend some games again. It's the one thing in life that I have been missing since I joined the military.

I have been an Auburn Fan as long as I cared about football, in a Family of Alabama and Ole Miss fans.

See you guys in the stands.

WAR EAGLE!

AUsome!! Welcome to Auburn Eagle!! We're happy to have you as a part of our family!!

Thanks for your service for this GREAT country!!

WAR EAGLE!!

Name is Steven Trimble and I am a life long resident of the Chattanooga TN area... I have been a Auburn fan since 86'. I caught the Auburn-GA game on Tv that year flipping thru the local channels and immediately began following them the best I could the rest of that season. I had never heard of Auburn living in a family of Tn and Ga fans. I picked rt back up that next season and by Mid-October of that year my room was decked out. Most of my school aged buddies had never even heard of Auburn before, but there again we were all only around 10/11 yrs old. The passion grew and grew over the years and I could never imagine being anything other than a TIGER today. I try and visit Auburn at least once a year and make it a point to see at least one home game a season. I bleed Orange and Blue, always will!  WAR DAMN EAGLE

Damon Duvall was a safety up here in Chattanooga, Tn for Central "Purple Pounders", Terry Bowden came up here and recruited him to be a kicker... (I still to this day do not know for sure how that happened...haha)

I have many highlights along the way that I could list, but my favorite was getting to eat dinner with Pat Dye at the Chattanooga Convention and Trade Ctr during a meeting with the Auburn Club and i believe that was in 90'. It was a very personal event with about 50 to 60 attendees. He signed a football and media guide for me.

This is a wonderful site my friends and borthers and sisters.

I truly hope to be a part of it for many years to come.... WDE!!!

:believe: 

My name is Russ and I was BORN in Auburn...RAISED in Auburn......and where I will eventually end up if i have my way!  LOL  I currently live in Clarkesville, Georgia.

I grew up selling programs and cokes at the games, then as I got older I would help park cars in what used to be nothing but a grass field across from the stadium where the new Auburn Arena is going up and get into the games free! (Guess I'm telling my age)

There were many times when I had to sit on the concrete steps because of the sellout crowds, but sometimes we would find seats that were empty because no one showed up.  As exciting as the games are still today, nothing can compare to seeing Sullivan to Beasely passes, Captain Crunch (Mike Kolen) smashing a running back, or Bo Jackson flying down the field!

I was at the 1989 Iron Bowl..the first year it was played in Auburn.....That was the loudest I have ever heard a stadium...and the win was so sweet!  Before the game, the Bama team buses tried to come through right where all the fans were gathered ..... we started rocking the buses and we knew by the looks on those Bama player's faces that the game was already won!!!!!

Looking forward to this new era in Auburn football!!!  WAAAAAAARRRRRRR  EEEAAAGGGLLEEEEEE!!!

Hey Tiger fans! My name is Jennifer. I currently reside in Jacksonville, FL, but grew up in Birmingham. I've been an Auburn fan for all of my 26 years. I've had alot of memories of Auburn. I remember visiting my grandparents when I was a little kid and riding bikes all over campus with my Dad, Grandaddy, and older brother. Man, those were some good times. One game that I will always remember was the 1994 matchup with LSU. Rain drenched us most of the game but I'll never forget being down 23-9 going into the 4th quarter and intercepting LSWHO QB Howard five times (3 for TD returns) to win the game 30-26. And in more recent memory...being able to go to the Au/FL game in 2006... I have NEVER heard Jordan-Hare that loud....it was AUsome. Also had the pleasure of meeting long-time women's baskeball head coach Ciampi..when I attended the basketball camp in high school.

Tiger Walk...Toomer's...Aubie...the Eagle...the Auburn family...I love Auburn.

Okay, I noticed I started babbling...sorry about that..just can't wait till Saturdayyyy!!!

Hey, everyone -

I just found this site tonight after linking to a bunch of other sites.

I'm a native of Auburn, son of Auburn alumni. My brother, sisters, and their spouses are alumni. I graduated in 1985 from AU.

I have lived in Terre Haute, IN since 1987 but still get to a couple of game a year.  If you're in Section 61 let me know!

:wedance:

I just now saw this thread. Sorry I didn't post in here before now.

I am 27 years old. I live in Prattville. I have been an Auburn fan my entire life. My dad started taking me to games when I was a about a year old. Although I was very young at the time, I really believe that something was happening inside me, even at that age to make me the Auburn man I am today. One of my earliest memories was at fan day when I was a kid. I got to meet my idol at the time James Joseph. I thought that was the best thing that could ever happen in my life.

Over the years I have been to more Auburn football games than I can count. I've seen some very amazing things inside Jordan-Hare. I would have to say my favorite is when Nix threw to Sanders in the Iron Bowl to beat Alabama. That happened right in front of me. I was like 4 rows up on that side of the endzone. I could see Sanders face when he stood up and starting fist pumping. That is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. There have been many great memories since then and I know there are more to come. It is truly, "GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!"

I am Chris from northeast alabama born and raised. My whole family consisted of alabama fans except for my aunt, a cousin, and me. My love for AU football came when i was a kid and went on a tour of the campus during a Little league Baseball state tourny in opelika back in 93 from the time i walked out onto Pat Dye Field i was hooked. Since then i have been an auburn football fan. I married a long time bama girl but have since converted her to an auburn fan we even went and bought her first auburn T-Shirt and hat for game days with her family a few weeks ago. I have also gotten my brother on board as well. For me there is nothing better than aubrun football in the fall. It is the most stressfull relaxation i have ever had. Glad to be a part of this Great site of like minded Fans and fanatics.

War Damn Eagle

:we:

Archived