As Trivial As This All Seems

chuck

When compared to life and death, something as trivial as internet message boards and College rivalries becomes relatively unimportant.

I think it would be a nice gesture on the part of the AU Faithful to refrain from negative comments about our rivals from across the state, their fans, and program for the remainder of the day.

Obviously, we won't actually enforce this, but it would be a nice gesture nonetheless . .you decide

To those that made the snide comments about me, especially considering the nature of this thread, maybe YOU should take a good long look in the mirror.

As for the moratorium......Count me in.

Fun is FUN......

LIFE is LIFE.....

My prayers go out to Jay's Family and Friends....INCLUDING the ENTIRE Alabama

Family.

God Speed....War Eagle.....

Agreed Chuck....

WarTim - you did a great job on the moratoruim on the Willie Williams thread . .great, classy job on your part.

I wonder why folks questioned you . .

WarTim - you did a great job on the moratoruim on the Willie Williams thread . .great, classy job on your part.

I wonder why folks questioned you . .

I don't usually defend Tim, as I think he is a goof - loveable :wub: , but a goof. But I will say that I for one read other threads, including this one, BEFORE reading the Jay Lisby thread, and then it took me a minute after reading it to connect the two. Maybe I am just slow. But the header for the Lisby post does not say he died, and the header for this moratorium thread as well as the first few posts do not say anything about the reason we should be doing this. And I was not even sure who Jay Lisby was. So let's give Tim the benefit of the doubt, hmm? He may have read the other thread first, like I did.

Jenny - typically, I would agree with you . . but check the time stamps on the posts . .

Jenny - typically, I would agree with you . . but check the time stamps on the posts . .

The what? :blink:

I will defer to you, Chuck and retract my defense of the goof.

BAD Tim!! That was not very cool, dude!

lol . .time stamp . . at the top of your thread these is the word "Posted" bolded red and underlined . .next to that is the time and date it was posted.

WarTim posted 1st in the Lisby thread with prayers and this thread bashing folks for doubting his ability to not make negative comments about bama for 24 hours. Then, 2 hours later, based bama in the Willie Williams thread . .

To those that made the snide comments about me, especially considering the nature of this thread, maybe YOU should take a good long look in the mirror.

WT, my comment wasn't intended to be snide, just kidding around.

After all, no one suggested a moratorium on humor :D

There are far too many judges ...........FAR too many..........

There is a big difference in "bashing", as is JUDGED too many times when I say something tongue in cheek, and saying something that is FUNNY!

Come on...lighten up. ;)

What if I were to judge YOUR posts?

Hmmmm....Now there is an idea.................. :lol::lol::lol:

(Pardon me....Am I NOT supposed to say ANYTHING that might remotely be considered FUNNY?)

To avoid the CLOSE examination of EACH and EVERY word I type...and, because the respect that I DID express is GENUINE, I WILL NOT POST AGAIN UNTIL AFTER

2:00 on THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE.....Satisfied???????????????????????????????

p.s. Please, pass the Tylenol.

unbelieveable............................. :blink:

There are far too many judges ...........FAR too many..........

WT....hope you saw my last post above before you wrote this. ;)

try to turn it around anyway you want - but two moderators saw this the exact same way without mentioning a word to each other . .

save face or look like an a$$ . .your call . .

I don't think so. Tim has a history of goading rival fans. He knew very well what was meant by taking a day off from the Bama bashing. He either forgot or he just couldn't resist. Either way, the "I'm just joking" excuse isn't flying. chuck pretty much nailed it on the head with the options.

It has been a sad week for the Bama nation. I'm not sure if any of you have seen the "Roll Tide Guys/Big Dogs" but one passed away about a week ago, and now this. Here's an article about them.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/s...0619/tide.shtml

My prayers go out to both families.

You guys/gals are a classy bunch.

and honestly, if he simply just forgot (which is understandable) a quick - oops my bad would have been it . .no big deal

However, 1st he attacks folks for being worried about him saying something, then he does say something. Then he tries to turn it back on us being sensitive.

Call me sensitive, but someone died. . . .

tim is tim and thats all there is to it. Reading as many of his posts as I have I don't doubt that he didn't see joking about bama as bashing bama. I don't think he understands how hard it is to really know what someone means on a talk board like this. The guy thinks he can say ANYTHING and as long as there is some emoticon there EVERYONE will know if he is joking or whatever. He is a unique poster that is for sure.

I caught myself posting some negative things about corndogs on another thread without thinking about it myself. I had told myself I would refrain from any form of negativity all day.

Everybody just breath in and breath out and you will realize that the world is still turning.

Archived