AU vs. MSU: Game 3 (Rubber)

1-1, End 1st...Thompson retired first two batters then surrendered a solo HR on an 0-2 pitch...He also gave up a walk and a single before striking out 1.

4-2, MSU, Bot. 3rd...Thompson has given up 6 hits including a double and 3 singles in the third.  Burnside in relief of Thompson: 2 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd.

8-7, Top 5th...McElroy solo HR (4); Mummey 2-run HR (12); Sanders solo HR (13); Caldwell, solo HR (5);  AU has 63 HR on the year...MSU on their 3rd pitcher now: one out, Jones on first for AU...

12-9, AU, Top 8th...AU has scored 3 runs on consecutive walks with the bases loaded and 2 outs...MSU is on their 4th pitcher of the inning...

12-9, End 8th...Hendrix gave up a lead-off single, then induced a 5-4-3 double-play and a ground out...Hendrix has given up no ER in 3 innings pitched for AU.

12-10, AU, Final...Hendrix gave up a leadoff solo HR in final frame before retiring the next three batters to earn the win...MSU out-hit AU 13-10...AU improves to 20-10, 6-6; MSU drops to 16-15, 4-8.

Horrible pitching and great batting yet again! If the coaches could find an answer to the bad bullpen I think Auburn would have a great shot at making it to the SEC Tourney but the bad bullpen is gonna cost us when the hitting isn't there.

I wonder if they'll consider giving Hendrix a look now.  He was impressive yesterday.  Again though, great come from behind win to take a series on the road.  The pitching is very shaky but they are starting to show some marked improvement as a whole.  Pawlowski is a great coach.  The aggresive approach the batters are taking this year is so different for the better and some guys are playing more that didn't hardly get a chance last year (i.e. Ben Jones) and putting up great numbers.  Brighter days are definitely ahead with this new staff, IMO.

Archived