Movie Discussions

bow9den

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What movie made you go home, check to be sure all the doors were locked, look for monsters in the closet and under the bed, and sleep with the lights on? For me, The Exorcist. Funny story: a frat brother of mine at AU later told us that after watching it he went home and slept with a Bible on his chest.

What is a bagibas?

Its when your bagpipe ruptures its bladder, but for the life of me, I have no idea how Tmad got one inside of him...and I sure as hell don't want to know how its getting out

What is a bagibas?

Its when your bagpipe ruptures its bladder, but for the life of me, I have no idea how Tmad got one inside of him...and I sure as hell don't want to know how its getting out

was  "bejeezus" the word I was looking for?  SUE ME!  :dunno:

Is he angry? :dunno:

Absolutely, I'm angry! Do you know how long it took me to figure out what word I was actually trying to use when I typed "bagibas" {ba-gee-baz} and then try to spell it? DO YOU!  :laugh: COME ON!

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Absolutely, I'm angry! Do you know how long it took me to figure out what word I was actually trying to use when I typed "bagibas" {ba-gee-baz} and then try to spell it? DO YOU!   :laugh:COME ON!

No, I do not know how long it took.  I would love to, though.  And by the way, "You had me at hello." ;)

Absolutely, I'm angry! Do you know how long it took me to figure out what word I was actually trying to use when I typed "bagibas" {ba-gee-baz} and then try to spell it? DO YOU!   :laugh: COME ON!

No, I do not know how long it took.  I would love to, though.  And by the way, "You had me at hello." ;)

Well in that case, attachment.php?attachmentid=22942&d=1163105229

• 5 months later...

If you haven't seen "The Help" yet...go!  Nothing touches "The Blind Side" for recent inspiration for me, but this one came close...

What got me on another level is the lesser-known nature of the cast, which seemed perfectly chosen.  Many have television experience but it appears that it might be a breakout role for several.  I knew the "villainness" was Ron  ("Opie/Richie Cunningham") Howard's daughter, but I DIDN'T know that "Minny" is from Montgomery....AND an Auburn University graduate, thank you!!!  Woo hoo!

:wareagle: 

Don't you just love IMDB.com?  That's a movie I'll probably end up purchasing...love the whole genre, and love to see wrongs begin to be made right...as right as they'll ever be this side of Heaven, anyway!!

• 1 month later...

Can't wait to see "Courageous" this weekend, the latest from Sherwood Pictures ("Facing the Giants", "Flywheel", "Fireproof").  Still amazed by "The Blind Side", esp. after reading Michael Oher's  (I Beat the Odds) and the Tuohys' (In a Heartbeat:  Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving) books, which give more details and separate fact from fiction (though the movie played it pretty close to the truth).

God has done an amazing work in Michael Oher's life that started long before he met Sean and Leigh Anne, Collins and S.J., but the undeniable blessing they were in being obedient in sharing beyond measure is an inspiration to us all to take the time to simply...notice.

Archived