Offensive Production

tingram

I just noticed that in 4 games so far this season, we have scored 181 points.  That may seem good, and compared to only 212 all of last season, its outstanding!!!!  Can the defense offset?

:tdau::wedance:

I just went to auburntigers.com and was looking at stats from this season and comparing them to last. Anybody'd have to be an idiot not to think this team is good! The defensive statistics are pretty similar to last year's as much as people think our D is no good. The problem last year was offense and the improvement is night and day! We've already scored more points this season than we did in the first 9 games last season and almost as much as we did in the first 10 (181 to 192). No doubt this team is improved just cause the offense is HUGE this season!

Exactly. We don't hold the ball as long so the D is gonna be on the field more often than they were back when we were doing those 12 play 8 minute drives. Our longest drive this year is like 6 minutes maybe?

One TD drive took 31 seconds, another took 33, another took 50. Then the Tiger offense got downright plodding and took 1:50 to score.

- Paul Gattis

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/1254043062138220.xml&coll=1

That would make any D tired, that's faster than four 3 & outs

Defense played from behind almost all last year. Different this year, playing mostly with a lead. As long as they keep getting turnovers , things will keep rolling.WDE :aufb: :aufb: :aufb: :aufb: :we:

It surely is a good thing to see.  The defense no doubt is improving.  I think the first team is good enough to fight with anybody.  The second string is just young and inexperienced.  With being unranked and no respect still, great reason to shut up Kiffin Saturday.

:we:

I will gladly trade giving up a few more points than we would like, if we keep scoring like we are. If we can keep the tempo up, we will wear down everybody, both physically and mentally

Archived