Auburn was 4-0 in their preseason games...

SKIPPER

still lots of doubters. We are 4-0 against four mediocre teams at best. MSU beat Jacksonville St and Vandy, We beat La. Tech who only beat the amazingly powerful Nicholls St (never heard of them) they lost there other 2 one to us and the other to Navy of all people. Ball St. is 0-4 need I say more, and our big win against WVU is slightly sad considering they have only beaten Liberty and ECU, they only beat Liberty 35-20 and ECU was 33-20. So our 4 wins are not really that great considering who we have played. I am pleased with Auburn so far but the competition has been second rate so far even though Miss. St. could have beaten LSU, who is highly overrated this season, much like USC and Ole Miss. This and West Virginia were the two games that I knew would be our big test for the beginning of the season. I think if we can take Tenn then we look real good. People will start to notice. When the teams we lost too go out and whoop some big name team it makes us look a lot better. If MSU had beaten LSU we suddenly look better.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I've been hearing that same 6 inches thing my whole life!  :banghead:

still lots of doubters. We are 4-0 against four mediocre teams at best. MSU beat Jacksonville St and Vandy, We beat La. Tech who only beat the amazingly powerful Nicholls St (never heard of them) they lost there other 2 one to us and the other to Navy of all people. Ball St. is 0-4 need I say more, and our big win against WVU is slightly sad considering they have only beaten Liberty and ECU, they only beat Liberty 35-20 and ECU was 33-20. So our 4 wins are not really that great considering who we have played. I am pleased with Auburn so far but the competition has been second rate so far even though Miss. St. could have beaten LSU, who is highly overrated this season, much like USC and Ole Miss. This and West Virginia were the two games that I knew would be our big test for the beginning of the season. I think if we can take Tenn then we look real good. People will start to notice. When the teams we lost too go out and whoop some big name team it makes us look a lot better. If MSU had beaten LSU we suddenly look better.

Why would beating Tennessee make any kind of statement? Tennessee lost to a mid-tier Pac-10 team at home and barely beat Jacksonville State. Yeah, they only lost to Florida by 10. Mississippi State lost to LSU by less than that, but you're right that that doesn't seem to matter to anyone else.

Now, yeah, if Auburn beats Tennessee, we'll probably move into the top 25. Nevertheless, the same questions that exist now will exist until the LSU game, because Arkansas still has question marks, and Kentucky is, well, Kentucky.

We may garner some respect if we beat UT in Knox., but we won't get any respect from the past 4 wins.  Even if those 4 teams go and tear-up a few biggies, the sports media have such short-term memory that it won't matter.  The "What have you done for me lately?" mentality that the "experts" employ just barely reaches past the latest score on Saturday, let alone 2-3-4 weeks ago.

As long as we continue to take care of Auburn's business on the field, the rest of that stuff will come our way.

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We may garner some respect if we beat UT in Knox., but we won't get any respect from the past 4 wins.  Even if those 4 teams go and tear-up a few biggies, the sports media have such short-term memory that it won't matter.  The "What have you done for me lately?" mentality that the "experts" employ just barely reaches past the latest score on Saturday, let alone 2-3-4 weeks ago.

As long as we continue to take care of Auburn's business on the field, the rest of that stuff will come our way.

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...I didn't think that many women gave their polls :P

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I've been hearing that same 6 inches thing my whole life!   :banghead:

C'mon man.  Nobody need to know about your shortcomings, man.  HAHA!  JK!

Did I say that out loud? Crap :-[

The strange thing is, that if Auburn's new coach had been what the media called "high profile" we would have started the preseason in the top 20 and probably be around 10 now.  Something to think about, not that it matters.  Personally, I like what we have...a lot!

Its not our Coach... it is the perception that the media, the nation, and whoever else has of us. Miami went from unranked to no. 9 before losing last week. We will never be able to do something like that.

Its not our Coach... it is the perception that the media, the nation, and whoever else has of us. Miami went from unranked to no. 9 before losing last week. We will never be able to do something like that.

We play and beat a ranked opponent the first game of the season, it would happen.

I mean we can keep on saying if we beat..... when we beat.... MSU is not good.... Tenn hasn't proved anything....LSU is overrated this year...... Is this NOT the SEC???? Any win over an SEC team in my opinion is not going to be overlooked and if so shame on the ones who overlook it!! who is 1,3,4, in the standings.... SEC teams!! so whether you guys think its not gonna prove anything or not i believe it will be a GREAT WIN even if just not having to listen to Pop a top...oops rotten slop wait sorry Rocky Road lol you all know that annoying song i'm talking about!!!

No teams have been truely impressive... Alabama has taken care of business and so has florida... but every team in the SEC at some point has shown that they will need improvement later on.

This game will give us the national exposure that we have been waiting for. Lets see if they can make the best of it. I agree that Miss St should have beaten LSU and then their ranking would have fallen, and we would look much better cuz we stomped them.

Lets just take care of Tennessee and not worry about anything but a win.

Archived