A Question for Geauxscott, Tigerlifer3 & other LSU

oldautiger

A Question for Geauxscott, Tigerlifer3 & other LSU folks.

This is only a question, not a flame.

Since Florida :gator: players were stomping on the Tiger eye after the game, will they (Florida players) replace Tubs on the :lsu: fan's most hated list, or is he still #1. :D

I guess it's nice to be #1 somewhere anyway.

Whatever the answer is, Hell let's just sit down and knock down a few :cheers::beer2:

We'll see ya in a couple of weeks.

:au::)

No, your still #1 in my book.. :D:D:D

Florida stomping on the eye didn't bother me too much, because it was after the game...after the game I wasn't concerned with what UF did, I was worried about how in the hell did we let UF beat us..

You might disagree with me, but I think jumping on opposing teams Tiger Eye (or whatever they might have) before the game is different than jumping on it after the game...Before the game it shows disrespect for the other team and is a classless thing to do. After the game it still is kinda disresptectful but not to the same extent because you have won and deserve to be able to celebrate. You will find that alot of fans don't care what happens on the field after a loss, because they have already "walked the walk". Its those incidents that happen before the game that get to fans.

And to clear it up..I don't hate AU because of the jumping on the eye incident. I think when Duval came out on the field early knowing that the band wasn't through, and didn't even make an attempt to move was was worse than the eye thing. But again, thats not why I hate AU.....As I've said before, my hatred comes from living in Auburn for 2 years (not saying its a bad place) and 80% of my friends being AU fans.....the AU game is huge as far as bragging rights go for me..

Just my 2 cents.....and don't take the word "hate" too personal!! :D:D

Florida stomping on the eye didn't bother me too much, because it was after the game...after the game I wasn't concerned with what UF did, I was worried about how in the hell did we let UF beat us..

You might disagree with me, but I think jumping on opposing teams Tiger Eye (or whatever they might have) before the game is different than jumping on it after the game...Before the game it shows disrespect for the other team and is a classless thing to do. After the game it still is kinda disresptectful but not to the same extent because you have won and deserve to be able to celebrate. You will find that alot of fans don't care what happens on the field after a loss, because they have already "walked the walk". Its those incidents that happen before the game that get to fans.

And to clear it up..I don't hate AU because of the jumping on the eye incident. I think when Duval came out on the field early knowing that the band wasn't through, and didn't even make an attempt to move was was worse than the eye thing. But again, thats not why I hate AU.....As I've said before, my hatred comes from living in Auburn for 2 years (not saying its a bad place) and 80% of my friends being AU fans.....the AU game is huge as far as bragging rights go for me..

were you attending auburn while living there? or there for another purpose?? I would think if you were attending auburn at one point, you would actually like auburn and want them to win (except for the LSU game of course).

I understand what you are saying, and that you do not speak for every LSU fan, but we still catch heck about smoking cigars after the game. I don't think it matters when the "classless" act takes place it is all about who performs the "classless" act. In this case it was alot worse when AU did it (the classless act)as opposed to UF.

Anyway, good luck, except in two weeks!!

WDE!!

Guest AuNuma1
I understand what you are saying, and that you do not speak for every LSU fan, but we still catch heck about smoking cigars after the game.  I don't think it matters when the "classless" act takes place it is all about who performs the "classless" act.  In this case it was alot worse when AU did it (the classless act)as opposed to UF.

Wow!! The DOUBLE STANDARD has been revealed....way to go AUTigerKat!! twothumbs.gif

Can't wait to hear goscott's reply...

I would think if you were attending auburn at one point, you would actually like auburn and want them to win (except for the LSU game of course).

I don't know--I spent two years in Tuscaloosa earning a Master's in the 1970's and it did nothing to moderate my basic distaste for the Crimson Tide. If anything, more exposure to rabid, obnoxious Bama fans just made me like 'em less. [..Not a slam on the more rational type like BamaGrad, by the way.] I will say I enjoyed partying in the town of Tuscaloosa okay, however.

Of course, I can see where exposure to Auburn would have the opposite effect. How can anyone experience the full Auburn experience wtihout coming away impressed, right. pcola? I will admit I'm rather biased that way, though. :)

Of course, I can see where exposure to Auburn would have the opposite effect. How can anyone experience the full Auburn experience wtihout coming away impressed, right. pcola?

Exactly!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I understand what you are saying, and that you do not speak for every LSU fan, but we still catch heck about smoking cigars after the game.  I don't think it matters when the "classless" act takes place it is all about who performs the "classless" act.  In this case it was alot worse when AU did it (the classless act)as opposed to UF.

Wow!! The DOUBLE STANDARD has been revealed....way to go AUTigerKat!! twothumbs.gif

Can't wait to hear goscott's reply...

ha....

well, good point....forgot about that!!! I think the score of 41-7 elevated the cigar incident, and like AUTigerKat said...the fact that it was AU didn't help either. :D:D

I don't know about you, but "some" of the things that are done before/during/after that are considered classless, just help elevate the rivalry...and I like that (to an extent)....how much fun would it be if everyone hugged and kissed after every game?...."0"

I'm really not one to harp on things like; cigar thing, eye jumping...etc..Maybe some things might get to me..but that just makes it fun!!

were you attending auburn while living there? or there for another purpose?? I would think if you were attending auburn at one point, you would actually like auburn and want them to win (except for the LSU game of course).

I did not attend AU...I was attending Southern Union (jr college)...I had thoughts of transfering to AU after the two years but decided to go to South Alabama instead...(those 6hr road trips to BR got old)

But to answer your question, I liked living in AU. But nothing and I repeat nothing, would've changed my love for LSU.

I am actually heading up to AU on friday....going to stay with some friends friday night then wake up early saturday morning and head to Columbia, SC for the game!!

were you attending auburn while living there? or there for another purpose??  I would think if you were attending auburn at one point, you would actually like auburn and want them to win (except for the LSU game of course).

I did not attend AU...I was attending Southern Union (jr college)...I had thoughts of transfering to AU after the two years but decided to go to South Alabama instead...(those 6hr road trips to BR got old)

But to answer your question, I liked living in AU. But nothing and I repeat nothing, would've changed my love for LSU.

I am actually heading up to AU on friday....going to stay with some friends friday night then wake up early saturday morning and head to Columbia, SC for the game!!

wouldn't expect you to give up your love for LSU, just not hate us quite as much as you do.... :D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input geauxscott.

I still think we all need to meet after every game and put away a couple of beers.

Back in the late 80's I went to the AU/UF game at JH (Emmet Smith was at UF then). Parked next to a couple of pretty cool gators. Met after the game (AU win) and we drank mass quantities of beer and talked football until about 11 pm or so. :cheers:

Changed my opinion of gators and I HATED Florida in those days. Talk about cheapshot artists.

After the game this year in BR we all just need to get together and drink lots of beer.

Just think, beer might be the great peacemaker. :D

I can say this sort of crap and get away with it because I'm old and I've earned it.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll be happy to Jenny. And I won't even call him :corndog:

:cheers:

I won't have to go far, I live right down the road from you in good old Cypress, TX.

B)

here is my take:

I don't care anymore about the whole Eye Jumping, cigar smoking, and David Duvall getting his butt whipped at midfield thing anymore.

That Being said as long as Tommy Tuberville is at Auburn. Auburn will be my number one rival. It has nothing to do with Auburn in general. This even goes back to his ole miss days when we wasn't a very good team. Back to the Curley Hallman and Gerry Dumbass days.

I don't hate Auburn. I don't even dislike you, kinda indifferent when it comes to Auburn, But I do like coming over here and talking football/smack with you all.

We have to beat South Carolina Saturday then we all can focus on the Auburn-LSU game.

here is my take:

I don't care anymore about the whole Eye Jumping, cigar smoking, and David Duvall getting his butt whipped at midfield thing anymore.

That Being said as long as Tommy Tuberville is at Auburn. Auburn will be my number one rival. It has nothing to do with Auburn in general. This even goes back to his ole miss days when we wasn't a very good team. Back to the Curley Hallman and Gerry Dumbass days.

I don't hate Auburn. I don't even dislike you, kinda indifferent when it comes to Auburn, But I do like coming over here and talking football/smack with you all.

We have to beat South Carolina Saturday then we all can focus on the Auburn-LSU game.

TL, did tuberville do/say something while he was at Ole Miss that makes you dislike him? or what?? Oh, and its Damon Duval....lol.. not that it matters...lol..

here is my take:

TL, did tuberville do/say something while he was at Ole Miss that makes you dislike him? or what?? Oh, and its Damon Duval....lol.. not that it matters...lol..

yeah I know its Damon. I had a brain lapse :D. But its nothing really specific its just that smirk he has all the time really really annoys me. Then just some of the things he has done in the past such as the game where you had against Mississippi st. a couple of years ago. Its nothing really specific just don't really care for him that much.

here is my take:

yeah I know its Damon. I had a brain lapse :D. But its nothing really specific its just that smirk he has all the time really really annoys me. Then just some of the things he has done in the past such as the game where you had against Mississippi st. a couple of years ago. Its nothing really specific just don't really care for him that much.

OK...just curious.... :)

Guest AuNuma1

I don't buy it TL3...you don't like a coach because of a facial expression? Come on!! How lame is that? LSU: "Let's pick a rival based on the worst facial expression that rival's head coach can make."

:bs::bs::bs:

I honestly believe it has more to do with the fact that "Teletubbie" is 3 for 4 against lswho since he arrived at Auburn...could be wrong, but I doubt it. :P

I don't buy it TL3...you don't like a coach because of a facial expression? Come on!! How lame is that? LSU: "Let's pick a rival based on the worst facial expression that rival's head coach can make."

:bs::bs::bs:

I honestly believe it has more to do with the fact that "Teletubbie" is 3 for 4 against lswho since he arrived at Auburn...could be wrong, but I doubt it. :P

its honestly not because of his record against LSU. But you can believe whatever you want after all it is your right to do so.

Guest AuNuma1

Man, just grow a set and admit that Auburn is lswho's biggest rival right now because you get beat by us 75% of the time...

I'd rather talk smack with bama fans because they at least talk about crap that happened ON THE FIELD, DURING THE GAME, WHILE THE CLOCK WAS RUNNING....not BS that happened before the game, at halftime, or after the game like you guys consistently do.

Man, just grow a set and admit that Auburn is lswho's biggest rival right now because you get beat by us 75% of the time...

I'd rather talk smack with bama fans because they at least talk about crap that happened ON THE FIELD, DURING THE GAME, WHILE THE CLOCK WAS RUNNING....not BS that happened before the game, at halftime, or after the game like you guys consistently do.

AuNuma1

we did not start this thread....an AU fan asked us a question and TL3 and I have stood clear of the AU bashing in this thread......we were asked a question and we answered it

Guest AuNuma1
AuNuma1

we did not start this thread....an AU fan asked us a question and TL3 and I have stood clear of the AU bashing in this thread......we were asked a question and we answered it

I never accused you of starting the thread anyway.

The point of this thread was to question your twisted logic...which is exactly what you used to answer the original question of the thread. Am I wrong for pointing this out?

I started the thread for fun, not to start a flame war. Lets wait until next week to do that. :D

It was a question made in jest, I knew Tubs wasn't gonna be loved by LSU folks no matter what anybody else said or did. Nobody liked Spurrier either whether it was because of his smirk or the fact he whipped everybody in this league like red-headed step children. (If you are a red headed step child, please don't take offence) . Spurrier only cared about what the Gator Nation thought about him. Tubs most likely doesn't care if he's the most hated in Louisiana, Mississippi or anywhere but in Auburn.

Jeez life was alot easier before "Political Correct" :bs:

I lived in birmingham for several years before choosing to go to LSU. I have always loved LSU. Both of my parents are LSU grads and I was raised on LSU. That being said, nothing was harder than driving around birmingham and seeing all of the orange and blue. Nothing pained me more that hearing about how the local media is biased towards BAMA. Nothing made me want to vomit more than hearing about Auburns latest greatest victory in the history of all college sports on monday mornings. The reason Auburn is atop LSU rival list is because of the whiney aura that AU emits. The reason Auburn is atop our rival list is because you have convinced yourselves that you are the real tigers in the SEC. It isn't CTT. It isnt your record against us. It isnt Toomers Corner. It isnt because the bars there close early. It is because you are Auburn, and because you are Auburn we just feel the need to set your AU carflags on fire......well some of us do at least.

Archived