baseball season will soon be here

Guest auburn warrior

How is Western Kentucky ranked preseason top 25 ..

I do not follow baseball, but how is our program worse than theirs? Are we decent ?

Western Kentucky is known for their baseball...........us in recent years not so much.

How is Western Kentucky ranked preseason top 25 ..

I do not follow baseball, but how is our program worse than theirs? Are we decent ?

Western Kentucky is known for their baseball...........us in recent years not so much.

Oh yeah.  They are a solid baseball program.

Been following this site for a while, but this is my first post.  I try my best to keep up with each of the big three sports at Auburn.  Western Kentucky is a solid program.  They are led by two coaches that were previously coaches at Auburn.  Coach Finwood and Coach Myers were solid coaches at Auburn.  Glad to see they are having success at Western Kentucky.  Look forward to talking baseball with everyone here.  It has always been my favorite sport and hope Auburn can return to their dominant ways.

Been following this site for a while, but this is my first post.  I try my best to keep up with each of the big three sports at Auburn.  Western Kentucky is a solid program.  They are led by two coaches that were previously coaches at Auburn.  Coach Finwood and Coach Myers were solid coaches at Auburn.  Glad to see they are having success at Western Kentucky.  Look forward to talking baseball with everyone here.  It has always been my favorite sport and hope Auburn can return to their dominant ways.

yeah.....can't beat a spring day watching sec baseball with a park dog in my hand. 

Yep, practice begins Feb. 1 and we open season Feb. 19 vs. SEMO.  Just heard that JUCO transfer and pitcher Drew Madrigal did not make it into school this semester, dangit...He is supposed to be a good one!  We still should be improved in pitching this year, though. Remember that pitching is Coach Paw's forte.  Stephen Kohlscheen (JUCO RHP from OK) will add depth, though he didn't have his best outing at the JUCO World Series  this year -- he ran into some incredible hitters out there, along with Slade Smith (FR RHP from Fort Payne) who shows great promise, and the return of Soph., LHP Cory Luckie from surgery will help steady the rotation. With a new hitting instructor and a new field assistant, aggressive hitters and fielders like Creede Simpson and Ryan Jenkins (SR C back from broken hand), and the maturation of other returning players, AU should put together one of its better seasons in a while.

Yep, practice begins Feb. 1 and we open season Feb. 19 vs. SEMO.  Just heard that JUCO transfer and pitcher Drew Madrigal did not make it into school this semester, dangit...He is supposed to be a good one!  We still should be improved in pitching this year, though. Remember that pitching is Coach Paw's forte.   Stephen Kohlscheen (JUCO RHP from OK) will add depth, though he didn't have his best outing at the JUCO World Series  this year -- he ran into some incredible hitters out there, along with Slade Smith (FR RHP from Fort Payne) who shows great promise, and the return of Soph., LHP Cory Luckie from surgery will help steady the rotation. With a new hitting instructor and a new field assistant, aggressive hitters and fielders like Creede Simpson and Ryan Jenkins (SR C back from broken hand), and the maturation of other returning players, AU should put together one of its better seasons in a while.

SEC tourney, Regional, CWS?

i think a solid goal for this years team would be SEC tourney and a possible berth into the regionals.  Plainsman Park is one of the nicest complexes in the country and if we could get some national publicity, i believe that is all we would need to get the program jump started under coach pawlowski.

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth......There is no division 1 sub division in college baseball, so a lot of the smaller schools have really good programs.  S. Alabama, SEMO, Stetson, W. Kentucky, Ga. Southern, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina just to name a few are always in regional play and can beat any of the bigger conference schools on any given day.  I think a lot of them are better than most Big 10 schools for that matter.  Or most teams from the north for that matter. 

Archived