Official Ambles Thread

AU66

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has more info on this I would really like to know.

Me too

This feels like Cam Newton all over again. We aren't interested and he has bad attitude issues ect....  Then we offer, become almost instant leaders and then get him. Let's do it again guys.

This would be quite suprising considering that early on in the recruiting process we supposedly backed off due to off the field issues.  However, his talent has never been in question and if this coaching staff feels comfortable with him he would be a great pickup.  I am just happy that this staff has made an effort to recruit top tier athletes as opposed to a more passive recruiting strategy that Tubberville employed.

I feel comfortable with CGC being able to deal with anyone's attitude as we have seen this staff isn't afraid to show someone the door if they can't pull themselves together and act like an Auburn man should.

Bring him on!

War Damn Eagle!

the addition of Ambles would make one of the best, if not the best wr groups in the country. However, anybody have specifics on his "character issues"?

the addition of Ambles would make one of the best, if not the best wr groups in the country. However, anybody have specifics on his "character issues"?

It's right on his rivals page...

"It is really all up to him. He can be as good as he wants, or as bad as his effort level and attitude allows him to be. If he stays focused on being the best, then he should become an All-America candidate."

But, bottom line, I think you take him.  The kid is too good to pass up.

This would be quite suprising considering that early on in the recruiting process we supposedly backed off due to off the field issues.  However, his talent has never been in question and if this coaching staff feels comfortable with him he would be a great pickup.  I am just happy that this staff has made an effort to recruit top tier athletes as opposed to a more passive recruiting strategy that Tubberville employed.

Hey I liked the duck hunting approach when it came close to NSD strategy.  :P

I am not sure I like the idea of ambles. Sure i would love to have his stars to beef up our recruiting rankings but we have a ton of WR now. If we bring him in does one of our other WR de-commit and go some place else?

Adams,TZach,Benton,Blake,Gulley,Frenchy,Stallworth,Carr

Reed,Kitchens,Goodwin,Richardson, Then if we sign ambles.

12 w/o ambles, 13 with.

What position is white going, corner?

I am not sure I like the idea of ambles. Sure i would love to have his stars to beef up our recruiting rankings but we have a ton of WR now. If we bring him in does one of our other WR de-commit and go some place else?

12 w/o ambles, 13 with.

Yes White is going to play corner, and it would be a great situation to build longterm depth at WR.  If we signed  all of these guys, we probably wouldn't even need any next year, and we could redshirt most of the guys coming in.

White is a corner.

Ambles - I think he is a fallback player for a LOT of teams - UAT, AU, etc. I think LSU would take him in a second.

As long as we keep Reed, Goodwin, JR, etc...

Yea Ryan White will be a corner. And I think all of our WR guys will stay. I hope I'm wrong but maybe the coaches got word that Richardson for sure won't qualify so now we are going strong after Ambles. I hope not becaues I really like JR. I really hope he makes it to campus.

12 w/o ambles, 13 with.

Gulley has been playing corner, PPL apparently hasn't done much for himself since getting in the doghouse before the season, and I think if we sign Ambles we'll probably end up moving either Reed or Goodwin to corner, or maybe Kitchens to safety.

Archived