Official Ambles Thread

AU66

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure I like the idea of ambles. Sure i would love to have his stars to beef up our recruiting rankings but we have a ton of WR now. If we bring him in does one of our other WR de-commit and go some place else?

Adams,TZach,Benton,Blake,Gulley,Frenchy,Stallworth,Carr

Reed,Kitchens,Goodwin,Richardson, Then if we sign ambles.

12 w/o ambles, 13 with.

What position is white going, corner?

I personally don't know how much of this Ambles rumor is true,.... I for one want him. As for the guys listed above, why would you not take him? Gulley is playing D now, Frenchy has never done anything, Stallworth was injured and may never return to old form, Carr has what, one-two catches ever?, Richardson may not even qualify, Kitchens could eventually make the move to D, and who knows what will ever be of Reed or Goodwin? I say if he's on the page with the coaches, and can act right, take a chance on the guy, he's too good to pass on.... JMO

I won't believe anything till ST says we got a shot. I will say tho if we were to land him that would be ridiculous!!! I'm not big into stars but 5 5 stars is pretty impressive. My question tho is we have very few spots open if we sign Ambles does that mean we lose Lemonier? Because you know Whittaker, Jones, and Lattimore have schollys waiting for them

I won't believe anything till ST says we got a shot. I will say tho if we were to land him that would be ridiculous!!! I'm not big into stars but 5 5 stars is pretty impressive. My question tho is we have very few spots open if we sign Ambles does that mean we lose Lemonier? Because you know Whittaker, Jones, and Lattimore have schollys waiting for them

we have 5 schollys free so it could be lemonier jones whittaker latt and ambles

i'll jump off the empire state building if we land all of them.... i take that back.. i'll continue to buy season tickets till i die.

ST we need you! either to open our eyes or dim the lights on this conversation.i personally would LOVE to have Ambles.our staff knows how to deal with attitudes.I'd hate to see his talent wasted,see him go to UAT and end up in jail or something.

the addition of Ambles would make one of the best, if not the best wr groups in the country. However, anybody have specifics on his "character issues"?

It's right on his rivals page...

"It is really all up to him. He can be as good as he wants, or as bad as his effort level and attitude allows him to be. If he stays focused on being the best, then he should become an All-America candidate."

But, bottom line, I think you take him.  The kid is too good to pass up.

This sounds alot like a certain receiver who plays on that team in the western part of the state. 

the addition of Ambles would make one of the best, if not the best wr groups in the country. However, anybody have specifics on his "character issues"?

It's right on his rivals page...

"It is really all up to him. He can be as good as he wants, or as bad as his effort level and attitude allows him to be. If he stays focused on being the best, then he should become an All-America candidate."

But, bottom line, I think you take him.  The kid is too good to pass up.

This sounds alot like a certain receiver who plays on that team in the western part of the state. 

juleeoooooo jones?

Yeah this kid could be another Julio Jones IF he can stay outta trouble. I wish him the best. He has talent.

Yeah this kid could be another Julio Jones IF he can stay outta trouble. I wish him the best. He has talent.

I'm not sure I want a Wholio.  He does not give 100% every play and is always good for 2-3 easy drops per game.  That is a lack of effort or concentration.  I have said for a while now that I didn't think we needed Ambles and his attitude.  If the coaches have talked to him and they are convinced, enough to offer, that his attitude is good and he can be a team player then I am good with that.  Bring him on!!

That would just be insane and I'm willing. Would that shake the football world or what? :laugh:

If Ambles does indeed take his visit at the end of the month, he will sign with AU.

Yeah, I agree with you here. Auburn will likely offer him and if we do I expect him to accept and sign on NSD.

I keep seeing comments about whether we really want Ambles for various reasons...My take is this...These coaches have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are the very best at what they do. With so much talent coming in and a foundation set in place where family, academics and moral value is top priority, anyone coming to Auburn will know up front that if they are to be part of a great opportunity to grow and develop as not only athletes, but more importantly quality adults that they will have to do their part from the start. Make no mistake, when dealing with as many people as a football program has, from time to time someone will do something  to hurt themselves and the the team as a whole and if the person in charge is a person of character, he will deal with it in a manner that is best for the overall well being of said team. Ambles, much like Newton deserves the opportunity to learn and grow from people like Chizik and CO. to better their life's if said coaches see them as deserving athletically and morally. They will know going in that this is a privilege and not a right to be part of this family...If the coaches want him it is good enough for me...

Let me add that if another WR decides to de-commit and play somewhere else then he should. Auburn will be more then fine with the guys who do sign...

We have two more including Mack. We have 5 more we can "sign" but only 2 more scholarships if theoretically everyone were to qualify. Like someone else said earlier, I see us ending at 31 or 32 since everyone is expected to qualify. Howard may very well go elsewhere if we land Lattimore so 30 or 31. 30 would be the key number if theoretically everyone qualifies. No one would need to gray shirt. We certainly need Whitaker and Jones though.

Around4, you're kidding when you say you don't want Julio, right?

I think he is the most overrated receiver in college football. He may have tons on inate ability but he very rarely shows it. We had three different players with more receiving yards and 4 with more receiving TDs. He listens to his own hype and is unwilling to put the effort in to be the best.

As for Ambles, I am not sure about his attitude but if him coming is going to send Reed or someone like that elsewhere I would say "No thanks."

SOT: How does Ambles only rank as a "blue chip" in two categories on Rivals (Speed, Size, etc...) and warrant 5 *s while I've seen people with 4-5 categories as "blue chip" or "as good as it gets" and still be a 4 *. I understand there are other things that influence their skills that can not be summed up in those categories but that seems more true for QBs. For a WR, what else is there?

Archived