Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that Shon Coleman decides not to take this visit.  I don't think Coach Chizik and his coaches are scared of anyone in recruiting, but with that being said, never write off Saban, we all know what he can do when he sits down with a kid or gets him on campus.

Despite these recent developments, I think Coleman will stick with Auburn in the end.  He has been committed to us for so long, I really think it would be hard for him to switch and say goodbye to our coaches and fellow recruits so fast.

Here's hoping we hold on! :tdau:

Not sure if it was Tubby that put it under way, but we just went through a huge renovation on the locker rooms and stadium for Tiger Walk, so to say all Tubby cared about was Luxury boxes is not all true. Tubs did a lot of good things, just got lazy.

^^^^ This

Plus, everything indicates our next big football expenditure is going to be a full-sized indoor practice field. Rumblings around campus are it's going where the old Coliseum is currently. Fingers crossed!

I have heard it would go where the old track is now across the street from the current practice fields. Then that would free up the coliseum area to be the location of the new student acti. and more class buildings IF/when that happens in the next few years.

Look for it to extend out of the back of the weight room, cutting across the 3 practice fields to make one enormous complex.  The practice fields would be moved after the old building is torn down.   MAYBE

Its not going where the old coliseum is.  They already have plans for that space.  It is on the list though.

Like I said, just a rumor, and I don't think we'll know what's going there until the new Coliseum is done. As tacky as this sounds, I wish they would put a parking deck there, it's certainly Auburn's biggest need at the moment. :-\ But the lot is so big that more than one thing could be built there!

Anyways, back to Coleman! Any new news???

Moved to where? I'm not thinkin it would make alot of sense to put it on top of a current field? Speaking of parking decks...that new parking deck opened last week on Magnolia...should be nice on gamedays.

about bama... the town, the school, the athletic facilities... the town sucks, the school is okay, but not as good as Auburn, the athletic facilities however, we were number one under Dye, but Tubs always concentrated on luxury boxes and keeping the rich happy, we have fallen behind in the stadium and other areas. We need to get back to the business of being number ONE~!

Just beacuse it bigger has no bearing on better. IMO

Do we know for sure that any of our coaches visited Coleman today?

Again, does anyone know for sure if he is going to visit UAT and then Miami? Is he done? Anyone>?

Do we know for sure that any of our coaches visited Coleman today?

Again, does anyone know for sure if he is going to visit UAT and then Miami? Is he done? Anyone>?

I'm sure ST and Co. are working on it right now. We should know pretty soon if he's going to visit Tuscaloosa tonight.

Hey guys. Per the Alabama Rivals MOD, Coleman is on his way to Tuscaloosa now and should arrive in about an hr. or so. I can't read the update because it's posted on Alabama's message board and I'm not a subscriber (obviously). But somebody with access to it summarized what it said for us.

Hearing coleman is on his way to the crapstone. I hope he does not fall for any of little nickys "you will play right away,even though I have a full roster of O lineman" garbage. Gotta hope he is smarter than that!!!! Come on Shon we are counting on ya and we need ya. Our whole starting O-line is graduating next year.

They were saying on the radio that Nick is after points to make himself look good in recruiting...Since he is

losing 5 star Adams he is going after Coleman to replace him in the points so he can keep his high ranking.

That is the only reason he is after Coleman,,,,so he can replace one 5 star with another.  Sad day when

a young mans whole life means nothing except points to  a selfish person like  Saban.  I heard he also will

pull scholarships if they do not perform to his likening.  Then you have some poor recruit sitting out, career

down tubes.  Sad very Sad!!!

They were saying on the radio that Nick is after points to make himself look good in recruiting...Since he is

losing 5 star Adams he is going after Coleman to replace him in the points so he can keep his high ranking.

That is the only reason he is after Coleman,,,,so he can replace one 5 star with another.  Sad day when

a young mans whole life means nothing except points to  a selfish person like  Saban.  I heard he also will

pull scholarships if they do not perform to his likening.  Then you have some poor recruit sitting out, career

down tubes.   Sad very Sad!!!

If true, it's pretty sad. Some responsibility falls on the players themselves. No one should ever go to Alabama to play football.

come on guys...we do not know for sure what Saban is thinking....

What I am thinking is if he is going after someone we have on board what does that say about OUR recruiting efforts??? 

And I say bring if ON!!!  I have faith that our coaches can counteract any other attempts...see earlier in the year with the Georgia WR and his visit to UGA that was cancelled...these guys know what they are doing... and if he visits bama and Miami he will certainly have something to compare us to and I believe it will reaffirm what drew him to Auburn to start with....

Now in years past... I would not be so confident....so many of those last day big dogs just did not walk our way...

WE! :wedance:

down tubes.   Sad very Sad!!!

I think you meant Keenan ALLEN!  :)  And yes I agree... NEVER put anything past lil' nicky! He IS the devil! :devil:

Nowhere on BOL does it say Coleman actually made it to turdtown.  I have a password and the last thing posted by their MOD was at 5:45 that said he was supposedly in transit and should be there within the hour.  I checked at 7:30 and there was nothing there confirming. not saying he didnt make it, it just hasnt been confirmed by BOL at 7:30

Being reported by a certain JL that Coleman is indeed in Ttown and scheduled to travel to Miami this weekend, but sounds sure he will still sign with us...WDE!

"Don't sell yourself short because without that you can't go far in life because after sports the only thing you know is sports and you can't do anything else with that." ~ Bo Jackson

Archived