Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shon only needs to ask Napoleon one question: am I really your backup plan? Saban says no, you call him a lying jerkoff. He says yes, you tell him War Eagle.

Hey guys first time poster....War Eagle!!! I just wanna Say Coleman May bhe headed 2 Bama for a visit, but in the end he will come 2 his senses and be an Auburn Tiger!!!! God will show him the way...as he did our wonderful coaching staff CGC has assembled here at Auburn...WDE 6 + days left and we can work toward our tradition on the field....

Hey guys first time poster....War Eagle!!! I just wanna Say Coleman May bhe headed 2 Bama for a visit, but in the end he will come 2 his senses and be an Auburn Tiger!!!! God will show him the way...as he did our wonderful coaching staff CGC has assembled here at Auburn...WDE 6 + days left and we can work toward our tradition on the field....

I hope ur right.

Coleman is headed to Tuscaloosa. Alabama coaches are headed to James Stone's house for an in home visit. If they feel confident that Stone will sign with Alabama then they will not extend Shon Coleman a committable offer. If they feel Stone is headed to Tennessee, then Shon Coleman will receive a committable offer.

Addressing rumors:

Shon Coleman currently does not have a committable offer to Alabama.

Saban has not offered Shon Coleman playing time.

James Stone is their priority OL still left on the board.

Alabama will not take both.

Auburn Coaches did visit with him.

The visit went extremely well.

My opinion? Stone makes it clear he wants to go to Alabama and all of this is a null issue. Even if that doesn't happen, it will take a lot to get Shon Coleman to switch his committment from Auburn to Alabama. Miami is not a serious contender and he may not even make the trip.

Any questions?

I would love to have Coleman but Chizik says "Auburn was great way before we got here".  This kid is a great player but he doesn't make us or break us.  We have a great recruiting class and we are on our way to several victories over the turds in a row.  Anyone that chooses them over us will get taught a very valuable lesson.  WAR EAGLE!!!

:believe:

Coleman is headed to Tuscaloosa. Alabama coaches are headed to James Stone's house for an in home visit. If they feel confident that Stone will sign with Alabama then they will not extend Shon Coleman a committable offer. If they feel Stone is headed to Tennessee, then Shon Coleman will receive a committable offer.

Addressing rumors:

My opinion? Stone makes it clear he wants to go to Alabama and all of this is a null issue. Even if that doesn't happen, it will take a lot to get Shon Coleman to switch his committment from Auburn to Alabama. Miami is not a serious contender and he may not even make the trip.

Any questions?

do u love dos equis? b/c i might have to hit the bottle and "stay thirsty" if coleman decommits  :bow:

Addressing rumors:

Any questions?

Looks like you are the "most interesting man in the "message board""!  :laugh:

The whole Coleman doesn't have a committable offer and he is a backup plan is laughable.

It may be, but right now it's true.

Addressing rumors:

Any questions?

So why do u think Coleman made the trip? Out of courtesy or is he interested in playing for the slime? It just concerns me that this late in the process he decides to take this out of the blue visit... Hope he stays strong and now I'm a big fan for Stone to go to slimeville

The whole Coleman doesn't have a committable offer and he is a backup plan is laughable.

You're right...pretty dumb of them I'd say.

Mike Farrell said yesterday that we don't have to worry about bammer, that Ole Miss is the school to worry about re: Shon Coleman.

You're right...pretty dumb of them I'd say.

NOt really.. James Stone has long been there number one and if they gave Coleman a committable offer then that would most likely send Stone elsewhere.

Addressing rumors:

Any questions?

That's just amazing to me. Coleman is no backup boy. He has all the tools to be a fine lineman, and I believe that he will end up in the orange and blue.

So why do u think Coleman made the trip? Out of courtesy or is he interested in playing for the slime? It just concerns me that this late in the process he decides to take this out of the blue visit... Hope he stays strong and now I'm a big fan for Stone to go to slimeville

If you take off the orange and blue glasses, it's pretty obvious. Alabama hasn't shown much interest in Coleman until this point. When the defending national champs want you to come take a visit then you take the visit. You see what they have to offer, and of course you enjoy the visit. It's hard to tell Saban no when he's sitting accross the table offering you a free trip to see the place that just won it all.

Anyways, back the the orange and blue glasses... in order to get Coleman's signature you have to be willing to offer playing time. Alabama is currently stockpiled with top OL prospects. They took 7 last year, and they already have two enrolled this year. Add that on top of that Saban doesn't typically offer up playing time, and especially to a back up plan, and I just can't see Shon flipping his committment.

Just my opinion. Shon knows that after 2010 we have 1 returning OL. I think he makes the smart choice and stays with Auburn.

That's just amazing to me. Coleman is no backup boy. He has all the tools to be a fine lineman, and I believe that he will end up in the orange and blue.

Alabama has preferred Stone to Coleman since spring. Coleman had a great senior season but Alabama still feels like Stone fits best in their offensive line. They have one spot left and it's all Stone's untill Stone decides he doesn't want it. By default, that makes Shon Coleman the back up plan.

Alabama has preferred Stone to Coleman since spring. Coleman had a great senior season but Alabama still feels like Stone fits best in their offensive line. They have one spot left and it's all Stone's untill Stone decides he doesn't want it. By default, that makes Shon Coleman the back up plan.

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all, Jonesy -- I was just saying that Coleman shouldn't have to be a backup. With Auburn, he's been our first choice for a long time.

If you take off the orange and blue glasses, it's pretty obvious. Alabama hasn't shown much interest in Coleman until this point. When the defending national champs want you to come take a visit then you take the visit. You see what they have to offer, and of course you enjoy the visit. It's hard to tell Saban no when he's sitting accross the table offering you a free trip to see the place that just won it all.

Anyways, back the the orange and blue glasses... in order to get Coleman's signature you have to be willing to offer playing time. Alabama is currently stockpiled with top OL prospects. They took 7 last year, and they already have two enrolled this year. Add that on top of that Saban doesn't typically offer up playing time, and especially to a back up plan, and I just can't see Shon flipping his committment.

Just my opinion. Shon knows that after 2010 we have 1 returning OL. I think he makes the smart choice and stays with Auburn.

Of course he should take the visit... I would take all five of mine. He will be an Auburn Tiger and Im pretty confident about that... mainly because of the points that you just stated. ^^^

Unless something very substantial happens behind closed doors in Tuscaloosa, Shon Coleman will be an Auburn Tiger.

Archived