Ronald Powell

AUwarrior

Ive seen a couple people on this forum reference Ronald Powell as a lifelong AU fan.  Does anyone know if this is true or not? If it is true does anyone have any idea why either A) We arent recruiting him or B) He isnt interested

Rivals lists him as being from Moreno Valley, CA.  Im sure many of you have heard the "he's an AU fan" rumor. Im trying to determine if anyone has an actual source for that or if its just a myth.

The coaches can't cover EVERY prospect, coast to coast. If Powell had any interest in Auburn, he could have contacted someone at Auburn. I'm sure the ball would have got rolling in a hurry after that.

The coaches can't cover EVERY prospect, coast to coast. If Powell had any interest in Auburn, he could have contacted someone at Auburn. I'm sure the ball would have got rolling in a hurry after that.

Exactly. Thats why I doubt there is any truth to the Powell being and AU fan chatter we've heard.

I read an article early on in the recruitment process that talked about powell either originally being from al or having family in al that were big au fans. dont remember the exact quote but i will search for it and get back

Powell grew up in Alabama as an Auburn Fan. Moved to Cali and narrowed his list pretty quickly to USC and UF.

He said many many times in Rivals articles that "Early in the process, I was like, If I got an offer from Auburn I would commit right on the spot... "

Then, for some reason, he never even visited.

Maybe the coaches know something we dont.  Thats the only thing I can figure, maybe he isnt a fit for us off the field. I dont know Im just contemplating why we wouldnt go after him.

Maybe the coaches know something we dont.  Thats the only thing I can figure, maybe he isnt a fit for us off the field. I dont know Im just contemplating why we wouldnt go after him.

We did go after him.

Recruiting sadly isn't a simple process where the team that turns the crank the most gets the player. There are many many factors that could eliminate a team right off the bat.

If D-III University of Mary Hardin-Baylor called him 15 times a day, would he have Visited? Did they go after him?

I'm not saying we're UMHB level but you kinda get the idea. Sometimes a recruit just isn't interested.

• Like 1

We did go after him.

Recruiting sadly isn't a simple process where the team that turns the crank the most gets the player. There are many many factors that could eliminate a team right off the bat.

If D-III University of Mary Hardin-Baylor called him 15 times a day, would he have Visited? Did they go after him?

I'm not saying we're UMHB level but you kinda get the idea. Sometimes a recruit just isn't interested.

Hard to believe that when a few posts up a guy is quoting Powell as saying he would commit on the spot if we offered. Maybe he was into us early and faded I dont know.

• 11 years later...
On 2/2/2010 at 10:21 AM, satnightride said:

Powell grew up in Alabama as an Auburn Fan. Moved to Cali and narrowed his list pretty quickly to USC and UF.

He said many many times in Rivals articles that "Early in the process, I was like, If I got an offer from Auburn I would commit right on the spot... "

Then, for some reason, he never even visited.

I was today year's old when I stumbled upon this story on another AU site and googled Ronald Powell Auburn fan and what do you know the internet took me here! lol. Half expected some whining from @AUwent in here! lmao

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was today year's old when I stumbled upon this story on another AU site and googled Ronald Powell Auburn fan and what do you know the internet took me here! lol. Half expected some whining from @AUwent in here! lmao

Ok? Given how good that class was (and ended up being in its first and last years), I wouldn't have cared much had I known.

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

Ok? Given how good that class was (and ended up being in its first and last years), I wouldn't have cared much had I known.

Yes you would. He was the #1 recruit that year

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

AUWent A4E, bless his heart. 

WHERE DID HE GO?!?!?! It feels crazy to say now but  actually miss his posts! lmao

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WHERE DID HE GO?!?!?! It feels crazy to say now but  actually miss his posts! lmao

Many have reached out with no response

• Sad 3