Gabe Wright

brad5628AU

• 10 months later...

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New article about wright on georgia247 about wright re-opening his recruitment after being visited by Georgia, Tennessee,and Clemson.

Says auburn still leads but not by as much.

Sorry I don't have a link

Wright is coming to Auburn. He's been recruiting for Auburn for months now. I'm guessing he's going to UGA in return for Crowell coming to AU with him.

And has something happened to Sigler? I was under the impression he was likely to be coming our way, as well.

From what I've heard, Crowell is becoming more and more of a UGA lean. My guess is that Crowell is returning the favor and trying to recruit wright to go to UGA

From what I've heard, Crowell is becoming more and more of a UGA lean. My guess is that Crowell is returning the favor and trying to recruit wright to go to UGA

That's what I was getting at. I don't think this is anything more than a courtesy by Gabe, though.

Recruiting is about to REALLY heat up. There will be several articles like this that come out about several of our top targets but rest assure, our staff knows how to recruit with the best of them and this year they have proof that their vision and direction of our program breeds success. As important as coaching on the field is, these next few months are where our staff makes their living. I have a strange feeling we will see a few unexpected, big time recruits pop up during this last push as well.

All these silent commits everyone talks about - gotta wonder!

:we:

Nothing in recruiting is concrete until that LOI is signed, rather you're a silent, commited or uncommitted prospect. I tell you what, as soon as you start seeing us offer recruits that aren't being heavily recruited by all the other schools, then you can start worrying. That means we have lost out on someone we wanted and looking for a replacement. You haven't seen that, so something must be going right with only 13 public commits and a month and a half left till signing day. Right?

All these silent commits everyone talks about - gotta wonder!

:we:

Nothing in recruiting is concrete until that LOI is signed, rather you're a silent, commited or uncommitted prospect. I tell you what, as soon as you start seeing us offer recruits that aren't being heavily recruited by all the other schools, then you can start worrying. That means we have lost out on someone we wanted and looking for a replacement. You haven't seen that, so something must be going right with only 13 public commits and a month and a half left till signing day. Right?

Wright?

Sometimes when you miss out on one recruit, the coaches find another 'diamond in the rough'......when we missed out on Marcus Lattimore last season we got Ladarius Phillips.  'Big Sexy' did not get to play this season, but I am hoping for great things from him!

Well it's a coincedence. Those interest levels on Rivals, Scout, ESPN are usually behind. I would not put much stock in them. They are right this time though.

Well it's a coincedence. Those interest levels on Rivals, Scout, ESPN are usually behind. I would not put much stock in them. They are right this time though.

I dont think they are behind. I think they are just not very willing to move a school above another unless they have a really good feeling about that school leading.

Top247 defensive lineman Gabe Wright (Columbus, Ga.) still lists Auburn as his leader but says he has “reopened things” and is considering four other schools: Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Clemson.

Two Georgia assistants were in to see the 6-foot-2, 275-pounder from Carver High School on Monday, and he spoke by phone with Tennessee coach Derek Dooley on Tuesday night. Clemson assistant Charlie Harbison is slated to visit today.

“Things are pretty interesting,” Wright said. “I was so close to closing the deal and being done with it. It’s still a pretty good percentage of me choosing Auburn, but definitely have some schools opening up my eyes."

Per Georgia 247 Sports.com

"Wright has scheduled a Georgia visit for Dec. 15 and plans to visit Tennessee in mid-January as well. He said he and Carver running back Isaiah Crowell – the nation’s No. 5 prospect by 247Sports, and who is mulling offers from Alabama and Georgia, among others – are scheduled to take a Clemson official visit Jan. 28.

Georgia assistants John Lilly and Rodney Garner were by Wright’s house Monday night.

“They wanted to see what changed my feelings against them, and part of it was the 3-4 defense,” Wright said. “They told me there are 19 teams that run it in the NFL.

“What we talked about the most was I have the chance to stay in the 5 (technique) for a long time, and not just be a 2 or 3 or 4. This would make me more versatile and give me more publicity with the NFL scouts.”

Clemson is really putting the heat on Gabe. Dabo will be visiting along with other coaches in the next few weeks. Alot of people want this guy. Bowers getting the ________ Award (name escapes me) the other night, is a pitching point just like the Lombardi Fairley won. It scares me a little that he is opening up his recruitment but I still feel good about it. Just wants to make the right decision.

Top247 defensive lineman Gabe Wright (Columbus, Ga.) still lists Auburn as his leader but says he has “reopened things” and is considering four other schools: Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Clemson.

Two Georgia assistants were in to see the 6-foot-2, 275-pounder from Carver High School on Monday, and he spoke by phone with Tennessee coach Derek Dooley on Tuesday night. Clemson assistant Charlie Harbison is slated to visit today.

“Things are pretty interesting,” Wright said. “I was so close to closing the deal and being done with it. It’s still a pretty good percentage of me choosing Auburn, but definitely have some schools opening up my eyes."

Per Georgia 247 Sports.com

"Wright has scheduled a Georgia visit for Dec. 15 and plans to visit Tennessee in mid-January as well. He said he and Carver running back Isaiah Crowell – the nation’s No. 5 prospect by 247Sports, and who is mulling offers from Alabama and Georgia, among others – are scheduled to take a Clemson official visit Jan. 28.

Georgia assistants John Lilly and Rodney Garner were by Wright’s house Monday night.

“They wanted to see what changed my feelings against them, and part of it was the 3-4 defense,” Wright said. “They told me there are 19 teams that run it in the NFL.

“What we talked about the most was I have the chance to stay in the 5 (technique) for a long time, and not just be a 2 or 3 or 4. This would make me more versatile and give me more publicity with the NFL scouts.”

Our coaches will tear this argument into shreds..... :laugh: Who is Gabe going to trust, Lilly and Garner or Roof and Rocker? Like I said, we will see a lot of articles like this before signing day but you can bet as soon as Gabe talks to Coach Rock, his feelings will stay the same as before.

Archived