Gabe Wright

brad5628AU

Wright is coming to Auburn. He's been recruiting for Auburn for months now. I'm guessing he's going to UGA in return for Crowell coming to AU with him.

And has something happened to Sigler? I was under the impression he was likely to be coming our way, as well.

I heard Sigler named us his leader... and I do agree that Wright is coming to Auburn.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything that Solid said is true. He and and his family REALLY do like UT. GW himself has said that his trip to UT was his best SINGLE visit that he's had so far! He also has SOME interest in Clemson, and most recently UGa has made a strong push. That being said, AT THIS POINT, I do NOT have a single doubt in my mind WHAT-SO-EVER that GW will be an Auburn Tiger next year. UT, ua, UGa, and Clemson WILL continue to recruit him until the end. So in that aspect, I suppose you could call it a "recruiting battle". As I (and ST) said though, unless something VERY drastic changes, he WILL sign with Auburn. Period.

I forgot to right this in my last post but I was told that he didn't care for UGA that much.  Actually they used the word "hated" them growing up.  I was confused as to why his brother would want him to go to Bama.  He doesn't fit their style unless they were thinking about him playing d end?

I forgot to right this in my last post but I was told that he didn't care for UGA that much.  Actually they used the word "hated" them growing up.  I was confused as to why his brother would want him to go to Bama.  He doesn't fit their style unless they were thinking about him playing d end?

They have used a new approach to recruit him recently, during their in-home visit with him...

Per georgia.247sports.com

Georgia assistants John Lilly and Rodney Garner were by Wright’s house Monday night.

“They wanted to see what changed my feelings against them, and part of it was the 3-4 defense,” Wright said. “They told me there are 19 teams that run it in the NFL.

“What we talked about the most was I have the chance to stay in the 5 (technique) for a long time, and not just be a 2 or 3 or 4. This would make me more versatile and give me more publicity with the NFL scouts.”

He now plans to visit them on Dec. 15, UT in "mid-Jan.", and he and IC are supposed to visit Clemson on Jan. 28.

If you STILL think that any of this will make a difference,  then see my previous post!  ;)

I still say he signs with us.

No, right now he's scheduled to take his official to AU on Jan. 14. His visit to UT will be sometime before or after that, and then Clemson gets the last one on the 28th. Just a matter of scheduling. No real advantage to getting the last visit. It won't matter.

I still say he signs with us.

No, right now he's scheduled to take his official to AU on Jan. 14. His visit to UT will be sometime before or after that, and then Clemson gets the last one on the 28th. Just a matter of scheduling. No real advantage to getting the last visit. It won't matter.

I think you quoted the wrong thing or at least i hope so!

Guest tdub4au

An article on rivals had him quoted saying his mom hates Auburn... Don't have a link I'm on my iPhone but you can find it on clemsons rivals page. Why is this and will it matter?

An article on rivals had him quoted saying his mom hates Auburn... Don't have a link I'm on my iPhone but you can find it on clemsons rivals page. Why is this and will it matter?

Sounds like bs to me. His mom committed to AU quite a while back on a visit if im not mistaken.

Here's the quote from GW. "My mom hates Auburn. That's slowly pulling me away from them. She doesn't feel Coach Rocker the way she talks with Coach Cheese." Coach Cheese is Clemson Coach Charlie Harbison. He made an in-home visit and his mom loved it. She was happy to put a face with the voice she hears on the phone. "If I like a school, I want my mom to like them to."  "I'm looking forward to talking to defensive tackles coach Dan Brooks because he's been on a that has won a national championship and his rap sheet is long in producing talent." GW's remark about UGA; "I think my mom is over what happened there this summer. I'm looking forward to going there on a visit and seeing how things are." UGA coaches Lilly and Gardner made a visit to his home last week. Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, Tennessee, and UGA are all in the mix according to GW. He was asked who leads. "Those five schools. Those are the five schools i'm interested in and i'm high on all of them. UGA and bama have come on lately, but Auburn, Clemson and Tennessee are the main three i'm still looking at."

I'll let DJ or someone else take it from here.  :banghead:

Here's the quote from GW. "My mom hates Auburn. That's slowly pulling me away from them. She doesn't feel Coach Rocker the way she talks with Coach Cheese." Coach Cheese is Clemson Coach Charlie Harbison. He made an in-home visit and his mom loved it. She was happy to put a face with the voice she hears on the phone. "If I like a school, I want my mom to like them to."  "I'm looking forward to talking to defensive tackles coach Dan Brooks because he's been on a that has won a national championship and his rap sheet is long in producing talent." GW's remark about UGA; "I think my mom is over what happened there this summer. I'm looking forward to going there on a visit and seeing how things are." UGA coaches Lilly and Gardner made a visit to his home last week. Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, Tennessee, and UGA are all in the mix according to GW. He was asked who leads. "Those five schools. Those are the five schools i'm interested in and i'm high on all of them. UGA and bama have come on lately, but Auburn, Clemson and Tennessee are the main three i'm still looking at."

Yeah. That is very frustrating to read from GW.

Yeah. That is very frustrating to read from GW.

Yes it is. I thought things were all good in regards to GW and AU. I guess. Most times I don't pay much attention to what a recuit says shortly after a visit to a shool because they're usually on that fresh high. But for him to make a comment that strong about his mom, you have no choice but to read into it. She really has to strongly feel that way if Gabe put it out there for the public to know.

I know ill get ridiculed for this, but im starting to really worry about some of the guys that were supposively locks that we didnt hear much about during the season. ( Bray, Wright, Roberson).

Ive always felt good about G rob, Florence, and Frost.

I know ill get ridiculed for this, but im starting to really worry about some of the guys that were supposively locks that we didnt hear much about during the season. ( Bray, Wright, Roberson).

Ive always felt good about G rob, Florence, and Frost.

DJ said today that Quan and MR are All Auburn so do not worry about those 2.

She Hates Auburn? Hates? I could understand if there was something she didn't like but Hates? I can't think of anything to Hate about Auburn. I hate it that I don't still live there!  :timeout:

This doesnt make any sense at all... The guy has been all auburn for months according to every reliable service, and now all of a sudden he says his mom hates our guts???

Archived