Gabe Wright

brad5628AU

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing that gets me is that he has said for a while now that AU leads big and now it those five schools lead. One of the first articles I remember reading after one of his first visits was that mom was all about AU and she was basically "committed to AU" even before GW said he was all about AU and it was only a matter of time before he commits.

Its possible that IC just flat out doesnt like Auburn and he is recruiting gabe to ( Bama, UGA, Clemson).

Unlikely but possible.

That still would not explain his mom

I am very reluctant to believe this. Link?

Why would I make up this about GW?  :dunno:  Here read for yourself.

http://clemson.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1164463

Because I have never seen a recruit come right out and say "My mom hates Auburn" or any school for that matter

\

Often recruits final' say on schools come from the advice they receive from their mothers. Appeasing mom has always been a key in recruiting equations. Clemson co-defensive coordinator Charlie Harbison went in-home with four-star defensive tackle Gabe Wright and his mother earlier this week. What were the returns? How did another in-home visit open up things for the Columbus (GA) Carver standout?

...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial

It doesnt say anything about his mom hating Auburn ,maybe inside but not in this part

I can't think of anything to Hate about Auburn. I hate it that I don't still live there!

A bit contradictory there; I think you thought of the ONLY thing there is to hate about Auburn for those of us no longer fortunate enough to live in the Loveliest Village!

I can't think of anything to Hate about Auburn. I hate it that I don't still live there!

A bit contradictory there; I think you thought of the ONLY thing there is to hate about Auburn for those of us no longer fortunate enough to live in the Loveliest Village!

Right on point Red! As usual  :we:

I beg to differ.  You may hate yourself for moving away from Auburn or you may hate your company for relocating you elsewhere and you may even just hate the predicament you're in being away from the loveliest village on the plain, BUT any true blue tiger fan can NEVER, EVER hate Auburn!  War Eagle!  (PS.  I love living in Auburn!)  tease.gif 

I beg to differ.  You may hate yourself for moving away from Auburn or you may hate your company for relocating you elsewhere and you may even just hate the predicament you're in being away from the loveliest village on the plain, BUT any true blue tiger fan can NEVER, EVER hate Auburn!  War Eagle!  (PS.  I love living in Auburn!)  tease.gif 

I didn't say to hate Auburn, I said to hate ABOUT Auburn...you know, that we can't always live in heaven, sometimes we have to enter the real world. :tease:

I think everyone is reading way to much into these comments. Kids now days use the word hate for everything. For example my nephew who is 16 said I hate McDonalds , two days later I see a McDonalds bag in his car. (translation of hate in there mind is: just don't like as much as). So maybe his mom likes Clemson's coach a little bit better than TRock (because he is more funny or easy to talk to, better snake oil salesman.. and TRock is straight to the point and honest and all about business )

Or it could just be that he's trying to make his commitment as dramatic as possible. Who knows?

This was just told to me.  I don't know if it's true or not but naturally being that everything else has been true you know how I feel.  The reason that GW mom got down on Auburn was because at a game either a host, hostess, or coach ignored GW and his family after a game.  I'm thinking his mom may be on the heavier side and his brother let everyone know about this and said they would need transportation going around campus.  The coaches and staff were like of course everything will be taken care of.  After the game (I didn't ask which one) they waited for a while and nobody was anywhere to be found.  The brother told them to wait and he will go get the car and his mom came behind him after a while and he was like what are you doing I said I'm going to get the car.  And she was like I'm tired of waiting and apparently she was really pissed off.  She thinks that we are just saying things to get him here but we aren't really worried about taking care of him.  Sounds to me a host or hostess may have made a mistake.

Also what was told to me his brother doesn't like clemson at all.  But wasn't too happy about the incident that I just wrote and he favors UT.  Mom favors UT.  Gabe favors Auburn.  Someone patches up that situation with mother or brother and I think he's all Auburn personally.

Once again that is what was told to me and everything they have been saying has been true.  I'm not trying to argue or fight with anybody if you don't want to believe it that is fine with me.

This was just told to me.  I don't know if it's true or not but naturally being that everything else has been true you know how I feel.  The reason that GW mom got down on Auburn was because at a game either a host, hostess, or coach ignored GW and his family after a game.  I'm thinking his mom may be on the heavier side and his brother let everyone know about this and said they would need transportation going around campus.  The coaches and staff were like of course everything will be taken care of.  After the game (I didn't ask which one) they waited for a while and nobody was anywhere to be found.  The brother told them to wait and he will go get the car and his mom came behind him after a while and he was like what are you doing I said I'm going to get the car.  And she was like I'm tired of waiting and apparently she was really pissed off.  She thinks that we are just saying things to get him here but we aren't really worried about taking care of him.  Sounds to me a host or hostess may have made a mistake.

Also what was told to me his brother doesn't like clemson at all.  But wasn't too happy about the incident that I just wrote and he favors UT.  Mom favors UT.  Gabe favors Auburn.  Someone patches up that situation with mother or brother and I think he's all Auburn personally.

Once again that is what was told to me and everything they have been saying has been true.  I'm not trying to argue or fight with anybody if you don't want to believe it that is fine with me.

Sounds plausible to me.

So this myth is plausible and not busted?  :P

For the moment, at least. :tease:

Because I have never seen a recruit come right out and say "My mom hates Auburn" or any school for that matter

I have no reason to make something like this up. You need a membership to read the article but the qoutes are there for the reading. I have never heard a statement like that either until Sunday. He may have been misquoted by rivals but the quote is in the article. He can take that up with them if not true.

TG:  I don't know that anyone is suggesting it was made up by you.  I think some here are a little suspicious, from experience no doubt, that the Clemson homer writers may have "embellished" GW's comments to put themselves in the most favorable light.  Who knows?  We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.  And IF, repeat IF, the ball was dropped among our Tiger Hosts/Hostesses on his visit, let this be an important lesson learned on ramifications of (not) carrying out your responsibilities.  The question I have is, why did GW say he had a great visit if that indeed happened?  dunno.gif

TG:  I don't know that anyone is suggesting it was made up by you.  I think some here are a little suspicious, from experience no doubt, that the Clemson homer writers may have "embellished" GW's comments to put themselves in the most favorable light.  Who knows?  We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.  And IF, repeat IF, the ball was dropped among our Tiger Hosts/Hostesses on his visit, let this be an important lesson learned on ramifications of (not) carrying out your responsibilities.  The question I have is, why did GW say he had a great visit if that indeed happened?  dunno.gif

I'm done with it from that standpoint. I do find it odd that he said he had a great time if mom wasn't happy. I was on the sideline for most of the games this year and every time I saw GW, he looked like he was enjoying himself. Every comment i've heard from him spoke highly of AU with the exception of the Clemson article. I really don't think the coaches would just blow off his family and leave them hanging like that. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. I just hope for the best and if there is an issue, I hope it gets cleared up very soon. I would hate to lose GW.

I'm not sure I don't really ask alot questions when they are telling me these things I just listen but I think he was went to quite a few games so there is no telling when this happened exactly (if it did happen but I'm pretty sure it's true).  Also from what I was told he likes Auburn the best so he had to have enjoyed himself.

Archived