Hunter Morris is Preseason All-American

Honestly i'm surprised that Hunter is still at Auburn.

he has to still be at Auburn, its an NCAA rule that if you don't go pro after high school, then you have to wait until after your junior year to enter the draft again... unless you go to JUCO

Honestly i'm surprised that Hunter is still at Auburn.

he has to still be at Auburn, its an NCAA rule that if you don't go pro after high school, then you have to wait until after your junior year to enter the draft again... unless you go to JUCO

my fault i thought the rule was after your sophomore year.

We could lose a bunch of guys this year. Morris can leave along with Dayton, Mummey, Fletcher, Patterson?, Jenkins graduates, Hubbard graduates I think. This is the year we really need to strap it on and win some games. We have the talent, hopefully we put it all together and get back to where Auburn baseball belongs. I love Coach P, I think he is the one to bring glory back to the baseball team and Auburn University

Congrats to Hunter!!  I've known Hunter since Little League and always wanted the best for him.  I was so glad he decided to come to AU.  He can leave after this year but needs a breakout year, IMO.  Maybe it was just the sophomore jinx but if he has another year like last year he'll be a low draft choice.  I'm hoping he returns to his freshman year numbers only better!!

Yeah in the presser Hunter mentioned that this may be the last year a lot of guys (including himself) from his signing class have a chance to do big things at Auburn.

I know that building a program does not happen overnight, but I like the confidence from players and coaches regarding the depth of the pitching staff this year.  I will be very happy if I get to see my Tigers play in Hoover this year, as well as hopefully making it to the NCAA's.

Archived