3 years later...

kAmU

I believe we will see a 10-win season in 2010 and the season has the potential to be special depending on how much the defense actually improves.

2011 could be a step backwards depending on how well the 2010 season plays out. AU must replace 4 senior OL in 2011 along with 2 starting LB's. The defense will likely continue to improve from 2010 to 2011 but I'm very concerned about having a very young OL in 2011.

2012 could or should be a return to being a strong team.

I believe that in 2011 Auburn will surprise a few people and make a run for the SEC title. Might come up a game or two short. In 2012, I expect a young offensive line and defense to be strong but lose a few games that they shouldn't. By 2013, Chizik's plan should be in place and Auburn will be more stable. Might have a new OC or promotion from within by 2013.

Top Ten recruiting classes the next two years are a must. If not, then this years's class, while excellent, won't have the supporting cast to carry Auburn to the SEC championship. If the next two classes are top ten, then we'll be competing for SEC and NC when the 2010 class are juniors.

I see the Tigers with one trip to ATL in 2010 and maybe another in 2012. The years to look forward to are 2012 and 2013. Those are the years that we could make a push for a NC

More likely

I see the Tigers with one trip to ATL in 2010 and maybe another in 2012. The years to look forward to are 2012 and 2013. Those are the years that we could make a push for a NC

More likely

agree. '11 is a ridiculous hard schedule. but hey, you never know.

I truly believe we can compete this year for SEC title. QB is the issue. However, QB is the issue today, not when the season starts. When the season starts we will know if it is the QB's team or if the QB is just the man who starts the play. Gus should be successful either way.

I too am concerned about the OL in 2011. However, we started a bunch of freshman a few years back and did ok. I figure the freshman OLine coming in will not redshirt, rather they will get some experience this year.

Someone mentioned new offensive coordinator. Some of my friends think it will be Trooper. What say you guys?

2010 = Win the West, SEC CG Bid

2011 = This year is going to be a struggle, lot's of hard away games, Florida is on the schedule, I say we at least get a good bowl game, if not better.

2012 = This is the year we can shine, Win the West, SEC CG Win, Bid for NC

2013 = Possibly a repeat of 2012, Chizik will have built a very good program by then supposing he keeps recruiting like he has.

Keep in mind that the biggest leap in improvement usually comes in a coaches second year. If things fall just right and we catch some good breaks, next year could be one that goes down as the year Auburn gets redemption for 2004. Gotta have those breaks and good fortune though. 

Also, don't get to attached to any bammers( I know, shouldn't be a problem) because in 3 yrs. time, they'll all go into hiding and the state of Alabama will be restored. WDE

I believe we will see a 10-win season in 2010 and the season as the potential to be special depending on how much the defense actually improves.

2011 could be a ste backwards depending on how well the 2010 season plays out. AU must replace 4 senior OL in 2011 along with 2 starting LB's. The defense will likely continue to improve from 2010 t0 2011 but I'm very concerned about having a very younf OL in 2011.

2012 could or should be a return to being a strong team.

^^^I'll go along with this^^^ and agree with everyone that says we need a couple more years of top talent coming in to really be at the top. Next year is gonna be very exciting...we need it to be a big year!!

Archived