Auburn vs Miss. State Thread

around4ever

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are shooting well tonight so far, we are dangerous when the guys are on from the outside. That plus MSU refuses to go inside even though we couldn't stop them if we wanted to.

The biggest problem that we have is staying hot for 40 minutes, but these guys are competing.

You are absolutely correct, and the problem with this is that very few teams can stay hot from the outside for an entire game- certainly not a full season. For most teams, outside shooting is just 1 weapon in the arsenal, for us, it is our only option apparently.

It really is confusing. Reed was improving leaps and bounds every year until this year. His head's not glued on straight, and Lebo just doesn't have the heart to cut one of his liked guys loose in his senior year. He really is a good guy with a lot of heart but he has no sense.

We are shooting well tonight so far, we are dangerous when the guys are on from the outside. That plus MSU refuses to go inside even though we couldn't stop them if we wanted to.

The biggest problem that we have is staying hot for 40 minutes, but these guys are competing.

You are absolutely correct, and the problem with this is that very few teams can stay hot from the outside for an entire game- certainly not a full season. For most teams, outside shooting is just 1 weapon in the arsenal, for us, it is our only option apparently.

42% of our shots for the season are threes>  That doesn't win consistently.

Yeah, I think it's funny before games when the announcers talk about how "dangerous" AU can be because we take so many 3's. They fail to mention that taking all the 3's does very little in impacting our offensive scoring average which is ordinary at best. We are also ranked last in the SEC in defensive scoring average which doesn't help. I guess they are just reaching for anything positive to say. Ha!

Its come to a point where I expect awful play from Reed. He has a me first attitude that has to he wearing on the team as a whole. Lebo being a former guard should easily be able to steer him in a better direction but for some reason he hasn't. If he can't get it done sit him and give someone else a chance. At least you would have something to build on. There's nothing else to build on with Reed, he just doesn't get it and he's setting a bad example for the young guys.

Its come to a point where I expect awful play from Reed. He has a me first attitude that has to he wearing on the team as a whole. Lebo being a former guard should easily be able to steer him in a better direction but for some reason he hasn't. If he can't get it done sit him and give someone else a chance. At least you would have something to build on. There's nothing else to build on with Reed, he just doesn't get it and he's setting a bad example for the young guys.

DING-DING!!!  We have a winner!!!  100%

I would take a walk-on over Reed, Another bad shot by him

Yep, at least a walk-on would have a team concept and just want to do what the coach wants him to do.

Thatta boy Ernest. Show some damn emotion. We have seen enough of Kenny, Ernest, and the rest of the 1st year guys in SEC play

edit: meant to say we HAVEN'T

Archived