'10 signees production

5A-au-tiger85

Will '10 signees have more impact on O or D ?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Will '10 signees have more impact on O or D ?

• Offense
    • Defense
    • Special Teams ?

With Dyer, Newton, Gayden and Co. I believe Offense would be the most obvious choice !  On Defense though the impact may not be as obvious.... Whitaker, Sanders, Bonomolo, Holland and others will give much needed depth not only for Def. starters at practice and games but on Special Teams also !!! 

My answer would be the unobvious of the group and go with Defense, BIG PICTURE....

WDE

The issue here is the overall impact. Outside of the three you list on offense, there might not be another player to see meaningful snaps for most of the season, but on defense, there will likely be an addition of at least four or five newcomers to the two deep.

More importantly, this year's class brings a depth that was unseen last season on defense. Or, put another way, the defense has a lot farther to improve, so the new players have a lot more room to contribute early and often.

Red is right that the impact is going to be great with newcomers able to play roles in 2 deep but there is more.  Just having the bodies and the extra depth will allow the defense to do more things and run more packages than they could last year.  Just having the depth is a huge impact.

Offense would actually be last on the list in my opinion.  Yes, Newton is a great talent but at best he is one step above our other guys who could hit stride before the end of the season.  Can Dyer be better than Fannin, Smith or McCalleb?  He could be but I don't think he is steps ahead of them.  The same goes with whoever gets the 5th spot on the line.

Special teams will get a huge upgrade across the board, hopefully punt return and kick returning will be much improved while kicking can't get much better.

Hopefully the impact will be the same, and we get a great production level on both sides...

but I gotta say I think the defensive guys will make a bigger impact since they are needed

I voted for special teams. We started 6 or 7 walk-ons at special teams positions every game last year. I expect that the walk-ons from last year will be in a big time battle to keep their positions next year. There's no doubt we'll have some of the newcomers start at offense and maybe even defense but in my opinion, I think their biggest contribution will be on special teams.

I voted for special teams. We started 6 or 7 walk-ons at special teams positions every game last year. I expect that the walk-ons from last year will be in a big time battle to keep their positions next year. There's no doubt we'll have some of the newcomers start at offense and maybe even defense but in my opinion, I think their biggest contribution will be on special teams.

Yeah, I almost went special teams for the same reason as you: that's where they will be cutting their teeth, for the most part.

Special teams is a work of art... u have to get the right people on the field. Its not easy and I would not want that job.

We could have used those extra 12-15 scholarship bodies last year... now we have a little more speed and talent, and we can place the right guys on the field... and hopefully that will smooth a few things over.

Guess I should have read the some of the post before voting.  I was thinking over their four/five years at Auburn.  From that perspective I believe it will be the defense.  From the perspective of next year alone, I would have to say special teams followed very closely by Defense since they will provide much needed depth.

:aufb:

I voted defense I think you'll see a bigger impact because of the vast room for improvement. Offense was good and will be tough make such "noticeable" impact.

I have to agree with the Mayor on this one. Our special teams should benifit the most improvement

from the incoming class. We should have a punt returner/kick returner (Chistopher Davis or Travon Reed),

plus several bodies trying to make an impression on coverage teams. I hope offense,defense, and special

teams show improvement from the incoming class.

I would vote for special teams for next year. This is the area with the biggest need for talent upgrade (not taking anything away from the players last year).

Any time your starting lb's and secondary play over 90 and in most cases 95% of the snaps it has to be the def. that is in greater need of players. Say what you will about our d last season but they played well enough to win a few of those games we lost. If we only had a few more def players things would have been totally different.

Defense for sure...after last year we only have one direction to go there.  Good news is that the Offense will be better too, but the D has the biggest impact.

Defense for sure...after last year we only have one direction to go there.  Good news is that the Offense will be better too, but the D has the biggest impact.

auburn D will rock in 2010.  :thumbsup::hellyeah::trampoline::yay::happydance::bow: :bow: :bow:

Archived