'10-'11 Starting 5?

AUtigers2324

I know a lot of things are still up in the air for next season (current players leaving, Barbee/Lebo recruits, etc.) but this is how I see the starting lineup as of now. Frankie's definitely more of a scorer than a ball handler but he's gonna have to play the point unless a recruit steps in. Also, does anyone know what's up with Rob Chubb? Did he redshirt this year?

PG-Frankie Sullivan----Jr----6'1''/185

SG-Andre Malone-----So----6'5''/202

SF-Earnest Ross------So----6'5''/215

PF-Kenny Gabriel-----Jr-----6'8''/200

C-Ty Armstrong------So----6'9''/225

I bet Kemp comes in a pushes for some playing time. 6'9 235 is a big dude! But all in all it looks like we'll have pretty decent size next year. It would be nice if we could get a true PG to come in cause thats position really dictates how well an offense can be run. Who was that little guy that played in spots for Reed last year? He had some good skills as a PG

I agree that Kemp comes in and pushes for playing time plus I think Neysmith will play a bigger role (besides just D). 

I agree that Kemp comes in and pushes for playing time plus I think Neysmith will play a bigger role (besides just D). 

Let's just hope he passes the class needed to qualify. In his interview on Rivals he said he's not qualified as of yet and hopes he can get past that hurdle. He's excited about the new coach and hopes to enroll in June or July.

I don't think we need to get our hopes up this year guys..

I think it's going to take at least 1 full year for Barbee to get

the program back on solid ground..

A winning year and post-season this year would be a minor miracle...

:pcprobs::banghead:

I don't think we need to get our hopes up this year guys..

I think it's going to take at least 1 full year for Barbee to get

the program back on solid ground..

A winning year and post-season this year would be a minor miracle...

:pcprobs::banghead:

I agree with you.  This year Barbee sets the foundation for winning seasons to come.

:wedance:

Well i wouldn't really be looking for post season play, but i hope a winning record is doable.

With as bad as the SEC is and has been, I am looking NIT or bust. Its not like we got blown out every game last year, we have decent players....... we just didnt have a decent coach.

Well i wouldn't really be looking for post season play, but i hope a winning record is doable.

I don't know, I'd be pretty disappointed if Auburn didn't make the SEC tournament...  =)

I'm gonna have to wait and see what the roster looks like for next year... 

I agree with TigerProwl. :hellyeah: :hellyeah:  If I was pushed today for my opinion, I think there will be atleast 3 new players that will start that are not on the roster today.

I like Armstrong, I played against him in high school and AAU, both were powerhouses. You said 6'9, but unless he grew he didnt look more than 6'7. I thought he deserved more playing time this year but thats my opinion. Im not sure what to make of the Malone kid. Heard he has some talent but wasn't really able to see it throughout the year. I think Sullivan will be our go-to and for once, we might have a big man more than 6'9 that can make some moves. Korvotney Barber played with tremendous heart but didnt take up any space in the paint and was outweighed by at least 30 lbs. Im looking forward to this year.

1. Sullivan

2. Malone

3. Gabriel

4. Armstrong

5. Kemp(i think barbee likes the two big men, plus Armstrong can run which makes him viable at the 4)

I think two or three of the recruits Barbee brings in will be starting. I've not seen anything on Kemp to indicate whether he is really a four star player or simply riding the coattails of his daddy.

I bet Kemp comes in a pushes for some playing time. 6'9 235 is a big dude! But all in all it looks like we'll have pretty decent size next year. It would be nice if we could get a true PG to come in cause thats position really dictates how well an offense can be run. Who was that little guy that played in spots for Reed last year? He had some good skills as a PG

That little guy is Josh Wallace. He's a walk-on and I believe he was a redshirt freshman this past season. Good handler and defender, tough for him to score, though, seeing as he's so small. He's a warrior and I like him.

Hargrove is graduating along with Reed, Knox, Lett, and Waller. We're losing a lot of scoring from this years team. I agree with everyone, the newbies CTB brings in will have a good chance at starting for us. Our team minus Sullivan is unproven to this point. Lebo never played anyone much except his starters, which isn't doing anything experience wise for the rest of our team.

What happened to lucas hargrove?

Don't really watch much AU basketball do ya? Just kiddin around with ya! :laugh:

Guest gkc81

I'm feelin' a surprise coming soon, though it will likely take a year or two to get enough talent in place to make some serious noise in the conference.  If they expand the field to 96, you never know.

Archived