ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

3 up 3 down. Hopefully they can carry over some momentum

Maybe next inning??   :dunno:

Man I hope so. We're at the top of the lineup. Hopefully they'll make somthing happen cus this is pathetic hitting

Well based on that, what do you see the batting order as?  I'd say:

(Cabrera/McClouth)/Infante -(LF/CF)/3B

Prado - 2B

Infante/Heyward - 3B/RF

McCann -C

Glaus - 1B

Escobar - SS

Infante/Heyward - 3B/RF

McClouth/(Cabrera/Diaz) - CF/LF

Hudson - P

What will happen is Infante will bat 3rd and everything else will stay the same but what should happen is Glaus and Heyward should switch. Glaus needs to turn it around bigtime. He did better tonight but that doesn't excuse striking out every time he got to the plate last night. I'd bet they wouldnt have IBB'd McCann if they had Heyward following, not that it really matters. Apart from that I'm looking forward to seeing Hudson hit the mound tomorrow. Should be a good game

What will happen is Infante will bat 3rd and everything else will stay the same but what should happen is Glaus and Heyward should switch. Glaus needs to turn it around bigtime. He did better tonight but that doesn't excuse striking out every time he got to the plate last night. I'd bet they wouldnt have IBB'd McCann if they had Heyward following, not that it really matters. Apart from that I'm looking forward to seeing Hudson hit the mound tomorrow. Should be a good game

I agree. I was just thinking of the sucess that the Braves had last year with Infante leading off and Prado hitting second. 

With that said, the only thing with that would be who bats third.  Heyward brings you power but placing a rookie third in the order is very very risky after only 3 games.  However is they do that then Diaz could bat 7 (if not third). That would leave Heyward at 7 and bench Cabrera leaving this (which still looks solid):

Infante

Prado

Diaz/Heyward

McCann

Glaus

Escobar

Diaz/Heyward

McClouth

Hudson

And never forget that McClouth was basically made as a leadoff hitter.

Chipper is listed as day to day and will prob miss the series against the Giants. Thought id pass it on

If the Braves would ever get rid of Stripper Jones, they could make another run at the World Series. His high salary has been holding them back, and he hasn't produced in a looooong time.

Chipper is listed as day to day and will prob miss the series against the Giants. Thought id pass it on

If the Braves would ever get rid of Stripper Jones, they could make another run at the World Series. His high salary has been holding them back, and he hasn't produced in a looooong time.

Except in 2008 when he hit .364 and had an OBP of .470.  Or 07 where he hit .337.  Or 2006 when he hit .324.

You're right, no production.

I agree that he is a bit overpaid and sliding back but getting rid of him would lose a good bit of fans plus he brings in a ton of merchandise which kinda balances it out. He's still one of the best sluggers they have too. Also a lot of kids look up to him (I used to like 10 years ago).

And FS that looks pretty good I'd like to see that happen, but with Cox he's not gonna move anything around unless something severe happens

I dont think Cox will put McCan and J-Hey back to back,he usually likes to plit up lefties because of late inning situations.I would leave the kid at 7th for the time being,and just put Infante batting third.

If Glaus can come around it will help out the whole line-up.