ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a frustrating season. Missed opportunities abound and the hitting, man has it been awful. The Braves need a real lead off man and someone who can him better than .270.

• 1 month later...

UNBELIEVABLE!! Braves trade Jason Heyward to the Cards with Jordan Walden for pitchers Shelby Miller and Tyrell Jenkins. Apparently the Braves think BJ is a better outfielder and hitter. Back to the cellar we go again. Thanks Braves Management.

They are trying to build up on pitching and shoot for 2017 season so I'm told. Also JH becomes a free agent after next year. Not saying I agree with the trade but it is what it is.

The BJ Upton contract is just killer. The Braves evidently have to hang on to him for a few more years. They are still paying Uggla. While I like Heyward, he has underperformed a little over the last couple of years. Batting leadoff did him no favors though. He was going to a free agent next year and could very well have lost him anyway without getting anything for him.

The BJ Upton contract is just killer. The Braves evidently have to hang on to him for a few more years. They are still paying Uggla. While I like Heyward, he has underperformed a little over the last couple of years. Batting leadoff did him no favors though. He was going to a free agent next year and could very well have lost him anyway without getting anything for him.

Yeah no one is going to take BJ Upton's ridiculous contract from Atlanta. I hope the Braves will at least cut him though rather than allowing him to sink the team's play in addition to the checkbook.

Are they still getting rid of Justin Upton too? heard that with them doing this to Jason that it only makes sense to do it to justin who's in the same position

I think they will, but I could see that happening during the season. Trading Gattis has also been widely rumored but that makes less sense to me due to the team's four remaining years of control over Gattis.

UNBELIEVABLE!! Braves trade Jason Heyward to the Cards with Jordan Walden for pitchers Shelby Miller and Tyrell Jenkins. Apparently the Braves think BJ is a better outfielder and hitter. Back to the cellar we go again. Thanks Braves Management.

Do you really think the Braves haven't been trying to get rid of BJ? C'mon...

I think the trade could end up being really good for the Braves. We needed a starter and they got one who has been pretty solid the last two season. He's also cheap and we freed up a bunch of money by trading Heyward. Everything I've read has lead me to believe that we would not be able to afford him after next season. I also do think we still move either Justin or Gattis.

Do you really think the Braves haven't been trying to get rid of BJ? C'mon...

I think the trade could end up being really good for the Braves. We needed a starter and they got one who has been pretty solid the last two season. He's also cheap and we freed up a bunch of money by trading Heyward. Everything I've read has lead me to believe that we would not be able to afford him after next season. I also do think we still move either Justin or Gattis.

Yeah the Heyward trade was really pretty good for Atlanta. Braves got a middle-to-top of the rotation guy and arguably the Cards top pitching prospect. I'm not sure exactly how much money that has freed up, but it has to be a nice chunk with Walden leaving as well.

I trust Hart, I just wish he would have fired Gonzalez. He's a lousy manager IMO.

Ah I think Gonzalez is a pretty solid manager--certainly better than Cox.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone name a bullpen pitcher we will have this year who was on last year's team (other than Kimbrell)? Saw where Kimbrell is now senior member of the team -- at least for now.