ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

This team has been fun to watch so far! Low expectations from fans and great attitudes from the players; forcing the issue with aggressive baserunning and making plays defensively. I like it!

With a very soft schedule the first month of the season (and what seems like its going to be a weak NL East) I think the Braves could back their way into contention by default.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to Braves-Reds game tonight. The fast start has faded, rapidly -- 25 runs for Nationals in last 2 nights, against our 2 best pitchers (Tehran and Woods), and now lost 9 of last 11. Hope we aren't settling in.

some managers can keep a team scratching and clawing for relevance, even during an obvious rebuild. Fredi Gonzalez does not appear to be one of those managers

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Not sure if there's already a thread for them. If so, please let me know. 

Anyways, what's everyone's thoughts on the team right now, now that we are creeping deeper into summer? Do they keep the momentum going? 

Wow 2+ years. Really wished the Braves were still on TBS. Miss the evenings watching with my late Grandfather in the 90s

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Wow 2+ years. Really wished the Braves were still on TBS. Miss the evenings watching with my late Grandfather in the 90s

You made my feels reaL 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I haven’t hated the Marlins since they bought the 97’ Series. Hitting Acuña to leadoff the game tonight put them right back in the hate column. What a dirty, awful thing to do. And Acuña is out of the game to boot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1