ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

27 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I haven’t hated the Marlins since they bought the 97’ Series. Hitting Acuña to leadoff the game tonight put them right back in the hate column. What a dirty, awful thing to do. And Acuña is out of the game to boot. 

The Marlins are usually pretty pathetic and not worth the hate but yeah, that was very dirty. 

• Like 1

I think it was all on the pitcher.  I don't think Mattingly called for that.  It looked like the Marlin players were shocked and not happy about it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the Braves are done for this season.  They gave it a great run!  To be so young and to win the East was a major accomplishment.  I see good things for these guys.  They need to bring in a few experienced pitchers to go along with the youth.  

#ChopOn

• Like 1

It was great to see the postseason atmosphere in Atlanta during games 3 and 4. Brought back a lot of old memories.  I was hoping to see my dream matchup of Braves vs. Stros. Now on to the Red Sox.  I will be in Houston on business next Tuesday, so I would love to catch an ALCS game while there. So I need Sox to win so game 3 is in Houston. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

It was great to see the postseason atmosphere in Atlanta during games 3 and 4. Brought back a lot of old memories.  I was hoping to see my dream matchup of Braves vs. Stros. Now on to the Red Sox.  I will be in Houston on business next Tuesday, so I would love to catch an ALCS game while there. So I need Sox to win so game 3 is in Houston. 

Agree with everything except the last part bosux

59 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Agree with everything except the last part bosux

Understood since you are a Yankees fan. A Yankees win would give Houston home field advantage, but I am thinking only for myself here lol.  Our company reserved a suite to host some customers for the first home game of the series in Houston.  Since I will be there when game 3 is being played, naturally would like to be able to watch an ALCS game from a suite box 🤗

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 9:39 PM, AUBwins said:

Understood since you are a Yankees fan. A Yankees win would give Houston home field advantage, but I am thinking only for myself here lol.  Our company reserved a suite to host some customers for the first home game of the series in Houston.  Since I will be there when game 3 is being played, naturally would like to be able to watch an ALCS game from a suite box 🤗

Can you bring a friend? If not, I'll be glad to pretend to be a customer

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Can you bring a friend? If not, I'll be glad to pretend to be a customer

Wish I could! Believe me, you would be the first I would call, being you live there and all. Haha. Seriously hoping I get to go myself. I mean I am already there from Louisiana, it only makes sense.  Only 25 tickets, and of course our customers are not turning them down.  Good thing is we actually have a Louisiana customer going so I would think chances are good. My VP in Houston is very good at not giving a direct answer of re-assurance lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2018 at 7:43 PM, AUBwins said:

Wish I could! Believe me, you would be the first I would call, being you live there and all. Haha. Seriously hoping I get to go myself. I mean I am already there from Louisiana, it only makes sense.  Only 25 tickets, and of course our customers are not turning them down.  Good thing is we actually have a Louisiana customer going so I would think chances are good. My VP in Houston is very good at not giving a direct answer of re-assurance lol. 

Your better off not having bird there you would end up in jail

• 1 month later...

The Braves signed Brian McCann and Josh Donaldson each to 1-year contracts yesterday. Donaldson played for 3 years at AU so it's nice to once again have an Auburn guy on the team. I'm loving what this club is doing so far this offseason!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

How in the Sam Hill has this thread not been posted in all season?!?!?! The Braves are the hottest offense in the league. It just ain’t fair for the rest of the league. It's like they are playing slow pitch softball while the rest of the league is playing baseball. The Braves are averaging nearly 8 runs a game this month. #ChopOn #WarDamnBraves

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How in the Sam Hill has this thread not been posted in all season?!?!?! The Braves are the hottest offense in the league. It just ain’t fair for the rest of the league. It's like they are playing slow pitch softball while the rest of the league is playing baseball. The Braves are averaging nearly 8 runs a game this month. #ChopOn #WarDamnBraves

Since they left TBS, I haven't been able to watch every game like I used to.  I wish I could though, especially this year bringing back McCann and Donaldson joining. Young guys are amazing.  That would be fun with Astros vs Braves in WS. Record offense in that series potentially. 

Edited by AUBwins

I get to watch them on DirecTV on channels 646 or 649. Been fun to watch this season so far. I think adding Dallas Keuchel will solidify the starting rotation. The Braves though need to go out and spend some $$$$ to get a verified closer who can get the job done. Jackson and Minter are very inconsistent and have cost us some games we should have won. If we could get a proven closer, this team would walk away with the NL East. I am not sure who is out there who could fill this role. However, with the right amount of $$$$  we should be able to get a proven closer.

I would love to get deGrom from the Mets!  Doubt this will happen, but a nice thought! DeGrom is pitching tonight and is doing a masterful job of shutting down the Braves. We are not that far from having a really super team from top to bottom that can win the NL East and beyond. The Dodgers are the team to beat though.

Edited by doc4aday

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I get to watch them on DirecTV on channels 646 or 649. Been fun to watch this season so far. I think adding Dallas Keuchel will solidify the starting rotation. The Braves though need to go out and spend some $$$$ to get a verified closer who can get the job done. Jackson and Minter are very inconsistent and have cost us some games we should have won. If we could get a proven closer, this team would walk away with the NL East. I am not sure who is out there who could fill this role. However, with the right amount of $$$$  we should be able to get a proven closer.

I would love to get deGrom from the Mets!  Doubt this will happen, but a nice thought! DeGrom is pitching tonight and is doing a masterful job of shutting down the Braves. We are not that far from having a really super team from top to bottom that can win the NL East and beyond. The Dodgers are the team to beat though.

I'm frustrated they didn't go get Kimbrel again. I don't know the circumstances of the negotiations.

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I'm frustrated they didn't go get Kimbrel again.

They did go after Kimbrel. They just waited like everyone else so they didn't have to give up any draft picks by signing him before the draft. Kimbrel just liked the Cubs offer better.