ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

I always though Snit was a bridge to someone better, but the top brass seem to be satisfied with him. I think he makes too many bad bullpen decisions. 

Still a great core to build around for another run. This will be a huge learning experience for those guys who will hopefully have many more chances to make up for it. 

Hopefully so. Not sure if Donaldson will be back though. I think he was a one year contract wasn't he?

Just now, gr82be said:

Hopefully so. Not sure if Donaldson will be back though. I think he was a one year contract wasn't he?

Yes. I doubt he will be back. The owners don’t really want to spend much money. 

8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I hope they resign Josh.  He would probably take less for a long term contract to finish out his career in atlanta. 

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

That's what I understood too. They made more moves before the deadline than I thought they would. They had a real chance this year. Losing game 4 like they did was rough. 

• Like 1

Just now, around4ever said:

I hope they resign Josh.  He would probably take less for a long term contract to finish out his career in atlanta. 

That would be a nice surprise. 

They need to spend money on pitching. I don’t think Donaldson will be as effective after this year. He disappeared in the playoffs like others did. I love an AU guy but I’d rather have a real closer and another starter. Out Julio in the pen. 

Brian McCann retired in the dugout after the game.  Sorry to see him walk away.  That is another hole to fill.  Just his leadership will be missed.  

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Brian McCann retired in the dugout after the game.  Sorry to see him walk away.  That is another hole to fill.  Just his leadership will be missed.  

At least he waited until after the game to quit. 😂

• Haha 1

Nationals beat the Dodgers. That was the matchup the Braves needed to get to the WS. They owned Washington all season long. They had home field advantage. Couldn't have been set up any better. SMH. 

• 1 year later...

Time to revive the thread.  Braves back in 1st! Deadline moves may have given them a better roster than before Acuna went out.  Wish he could still be there, but they've made division changing moves. 

• Like 1

Agreed. AA gets a lot of heat, and rightfully so at times, but he does quite well with these acquisitions without giving up too much prospect capital. If we can make the playoffs, you'd think we could at least be semi-competitive, but I have zero confidence in how Snitker manages the pen, especially when he continues to trot out Will Smith. That will bite us again

39 minutes ago, au302 said:

Agreed. AA gets a lot of heat, and rightfully so at times, but he does quite well with these acquisitions without giving up too much prospect capital. If we can make the playoffs, you'd think we could at least be semi-competitive, but I have zero confidence in how Snitker manages the pen, especially when he continues to trot out Will Smith. That will bite us again

I guess Snitker is a "work through it"kinda manager.  That used to be a problem with Bobby as well during that run.  He seemed to leave guys out there a little too long.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I guess Snitker is a "work through it"kinda manager.  That used to be a problem with Bobby as well during that run.  He seemed to leave guys out there a little too long.  

Yea he's old school. I know baseball well enough to not be one of those overreaction twitter fans, but I think I've seen enough to realize Will is not a closer. He's a set up guy and there's nothing wrong with that. I just really hope we can sneak into the playoffs. No team out there wants to see Freddie, Austin, Dansby, and Ozzie roll into town with Morton, Fried, and Anderson in tow

30 minutes ago, au302 said:

Yea he's old school. I know baseball well enough to not be one of those overreaction twitter fans, but I think I've seen enough to realize Will is not a closer. He's a set up guy and there's nothing wrong with that. I just really hope we can sneak into the playoffs. No team out there wants to see Freddie, Austin, Dansby, and Ozzie roll into town with Morton, Fried, and Anderson in tow

Don't forget Pederson, who his tough to face in playoffs. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well Braves play my Yanks tonight both on a 9 game win streak..................something got to give.......Braves are my second favorite team

I bet the World Series back in the day was a bit stressful yet exciting all the same. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I bet the World Series back in the day was a bit stressful yet exciting all the same. 

You have no idea I like to have died multiple times

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You have no idea I like to have died multiple times

Me too when Girardi hit the grand Slam 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I will never give up on my Braves, but good lord, Brian Snitker is one of the worst managers I have seen. This is not an overreaction either. I have been patient with him for a while, and he is a good clubhouse guy. Dude runs Will Smith out there time and time again. It's inexcusable at this point, and I believe we're winning in spite of the guy.

• 5 weeks later...

Wanted to post it here for the first time since the thread was opened!

BRAVES WIN THE PENNANT! WORLD SERIES BOUND BAY BAY!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Wonder if he has the lottery numbers as well.

Wow

Just so happy to see this.  Instantly thinking of the times my grandaddy and I would watch every night.  Truly special.  Way to go Braves!!!

• Like 3