ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

What a night. What a series. What a postseason. What a team.

I am over the moon. This is for my daughter's great grandmother, who worked for the Braves and passed down her world series rings after she passed away early this year. This is for Knucksy and 44. This is for Atlanta. This one is for us.

Champions.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Grew up a Braves fan. I used to go to games in old Fulton County Stadium in the 7Os when the Braves lost  100 games every year 😆

Watched all the games on the TBS superstation.

The last time the Braves won the WS my wife was a month away from giving birth to our daughter. 
Tonight was a special night for this lifelong Braves fan

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Amazing. This team aint "it". They're below .500 in August. An outside chance at every series, post-season or nay. Yet somehow.....

Baseball is a world of hot and cold. These boys got hot 2 games out of 3  for three months with no reguard to who or where they were playing; a time during which they rendered every stat or probability useless. The bullpen aint "it". There's not nearly enough starting pitchers to get here. Bullpen comes from behind as a surprise: it felt impossiple all the way down to Will Smith's final out. And the hitters individually are so indistinguishable, you'd question every night how to make a winning line-up out of them. And don't get me started on the trade-deadline moves. An entire mosaic of impossiblilities meshed together into a charismatic group of ballers who just would not die. This is not a routine World Series Championship. It stands out prominently imo. Go Braves. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

It’s been a wild ride this season but they really played lights out the whole 2nd half.  Post-Season they turned it on and this win was much deserved!  Proud to be a Braves fan today!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

So pumped! What. A. Season. Still hard to believe. Manfred got booed 😝 Wish they would have won in ATL so it would have been louder.

Oh yea, he clearly was effected by the booing lol.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The stadium lights in the ring actually light up as well. 

20220415_122722.jpg

• 3 months later...

Braves have nailed it with their young guys in recent years, locking everyone up for the long haul!  Probably saved a couple hundred million if they had waited until free agency.  Wow. Big time play here. 

20220801_192521.jpg

• Like 1

To further that point ..

That's like 16m a year each for the all stars. 

• 3 weeks later...

Now the Braves have locked up Rookie Michael Harris for what could be 10 years, $100mil if all club options picked up.  With the way contracts are skyrocketing on yearly basis, pretty smart to lock up these guys early.  They have built quite a core for the next 5 years. Don't think I've seen such stability on a team in recent memory, especially from the Braves. They have always had to let high money free agents walk.  With these deals they are lowering those costs significantly down the road.  Obviously congress with great risk if these guys regress.  But at least the promise shown by these guys have been through the roof.  Incredible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

This is what I'm referring to. 

The Braves GM deserves a ton of praise.   The moves he made last year to shore up the roster after Acuna got hurt and 2 of those guys going on to win the NLCS and WS MVP ....   Unreal.   Locking up these 4 young guys.   The way Grissom is playing now...  To your point about prior Braves instability, what we are witnessing now is historical for our club.   Go Braves. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Braves take the NL East lead!

Chance to win their 100 game of the season tonight 

Amazing really when you consider this is without Freddy

Braves and Astros cranked it up the last few months.  Both look to be playing the best ball.  May have a repeat. 

On 10/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, augolf1716 said:

Amazing really when you consider this is without Freddy

Agreed.  They were without Acuna last year. Riley has had a big factor in that as well. So much production from the young guys as well.   So I guess they are balancing it out.  Solid well built team. 

• Like 1