BOSTON RED SOX THREAD!!

Guest Autiger88

Guest Autiger88

This is the thread for Red Sox Baseball!!! :thumbsup:

4j1pt.jpg

Them Yank won the 1st series 2-1 By beating the Red Sox Wed 3-1 Next Game is Tomorrow at 7 against The Royals.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88, that banner or whatever is sweet! Go BoSox! Can't believe we lost the series in Fenway after smoking them Yanks in the opener. We will get ours when it counts, going into the post-season!

Guest Autiger88

Thanks I liked it to I found it on tinypic and yeah we will start hitting the ball better as time goes by and Beckett will hopefully come out of his slump he is in cause I know we won the first game but it sure wasn't cause of him and yeah we have a great chance to make it back this year and I think we will.

Sure hope you're right about Beckett. He's one of my top 3 pitchers of all time. Up there with Maddux when he was with the Braves, and of course Nolan Ryan although he was getting ready for retirement when I first started watching. Didn't JB have surgery down here last year with Dr. Andrews? I wonder if his shoulder is still not right..???

yawn    :tease:

Like Westie said since we can't have a Pro Sports section and also Since I'm not a Braves fan I'm a Red Sox fan this is the thread for Red Sox Baseball!!! :thumbsup:

4j1pt.jpg

Them Yank won the 1st series 2-1 By beating the Red Sox Wed 3-1 Next Game is Tomorrow at 7 against The Royals.

Great series to start the year. All close games and down to the last out. BoSoxs will be tough this year. Go Yankees.

Guest Autiger88

Sure hope you're right about Beckett. He's one of my top 3 pitchers of all time. Up there with Maddux when he was with the Braves, and of course Nolan Ryan although he was getting ready for retirement when I first started watching. Didn't JB have surgery down here last year with Dr. Andrews? I wonder if his shoulder is still not right..???

I'm not sure if he did I need to go look that up. I'm ready for tonights game  :happydance:

Just out of curiosity, but how did you guys become sox fans? I live in ATL and have lived in the South my whole life and I am a huge Braves fan. Are you from Boston? If so, I think it's cool that we have AU fans from or currently live in Boston. WDE

Guest Autiger88

No I lived in Alabama my whole life just grew up a Red Sox fan :dunno: Why do I have to be from Boston to be a Red Sox fan I just have never liked the Braves  :dunno:

And we are up 3-2 in the bottom of the 6th

No I lived in Alabama my whole life just grew up a Red Sox fan :dunno: Why do I have to be from Boston to be a Red Sox fan I just have never liked the Braves  :dunno:

I never said you HAD to be from boston to be a sox fan. Afterall, I'm a dolphins fan, but have never even been to miami. I'm kinda in the same boat you are: I've lived in or near ATL my whole life, but have never like the Falcons. I just thought maybe you were from there and moved down here and became an auburn fan, too like one of friends whose a met fan.

I'm of Irish descent so I kinda really like everything about Boston. But as a kid b4 I knew anything about my background I grew up a huge Celtics fan. Then (until Seinfeld), Cheers became my favorite show. And eventually the Red Sox grew on me. Always did despise the Yankees. But I hate the Orioles with a passion! I'm a big Braves fan as well. They r my 1-B team. My 2 favorite NFL teams are the Steelers and Bears. It has nothing to do with the cities, I've just always liked their tradition of hard-nose physical football.

I'm of Irish descent so I kinda really like everything about Boston. But as a kid b4 I knew anything about my background I grew up a huge Celtics fan. Then (until Seinfeld), Cheers became my favorite show. And eventually the Red Sox grew on me. Always did despise the Yankees. But I hate the Orioles with a passion! I'm a big Braves fan as well. They r my 1-B team. My 2 favorite NFL teams are the Steelers and Bears. It has nothing to do with the cities, I've just always liked their tradition of hard-nose physical football.

so, you hate the yanks, that's good. Although I hate the mets a lot more for obvious reasons.

Guest Autiger88

I never said you HAD to be from Boston to be a sox fan. After all, I'm a dolphins fan, but have never even been to miami. I'm kinda in the same boat you are: I've lived in or near ATL my whole life, but have never like the Falcons. I just thought maybe you were from there and moved down here and became an auburn fan, too like one of friends whose a met fan.

Sorry brother I read it wrong yeah I just grew up a Red Sox fan and have been one my whole life I like the Braves they are my favorite NL team but I don't keep up with them like I do the Red Sox Oh yeah don't get me started on them Yanks (for Augolf :tease:)

anyways The Red Sox Won tonight 8-3 with four home runs 2 coming off of Varitek who started tonight as catcher and one coming off of Youkillis and the other coming off of Pedroia a two run homer in the 8th to put the score at 8-3  and Josh Beckett looked almost like his old self tonight going 7 innings and Striking out 9 royals players.

I never said you HAD to be from Boston to be a sox fan. After all, I'm a dolphins fan, but have never even been to miami. I'm kinda in the same boat you are: I've lived in or near ATL my whole life, but have never like the Falcons. I just thought maybe you were from there and moved down here and became an auburn fan, too like one of friends whose a met fan.

Sorry brother I read it wrong yeah I just grew up a Red Sox fan and have been one my whole life I like the Braves they are my favorite NL team but I don't keep up with them like I do the Red Sox Oh yeah don't get me started on them Yanks (for Augolf :tease:)

anyways The Red Sox Won tonight 8-3 with four home runs 2 coming off of Varitek who started tonight as catcher and one coming off of Youkillis and the other coming off of Pedroia a two run homer in the 8th to put the score at 8-3  and Josh Beckett looked almost like his old self tonight going 7 innings and Striking out 9 royals players.

That's so sweet of you 88

Archived