BOSTON RED SOX THREAD!!

Guest Autiger88

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Bradley with a dinger to tie the game at 1-1 in the 8th.....pitcher's dominated thus far....

It lasted 18 innings?! Who the heck is going to stay up for that. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Me?! 😁

I actually gave it up after the top of the 18th. I had a feeling the Dodgers would win it in the bottom half and they did. Plus, I had to be up and at them this morning. So, I’m running on about 4 hours of sleep!

35 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Me?! 😁

I actually gave it up after the top of the 18th. I had a feeling the Dodgers would win it in the bottom half and they did. Plus, I had to be up and at them this morning. So, I’m running on about 4 hours of sleep!

That’s rough. I used to be a better baseball fan,but it was easy staying tuned to the exciting Astros- Dodgers series. I’ve been out of touch on this series though.

2 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

Me?! 😁

Me too!!   I'm not really a fan of either team.  I just enjoy playoff baseball.  I can not believe how well and long Eovaldi was able throw.   He may be done for the next four days, like a starter.  That will not help the Sox' chances.  Dave Roberts is the ultimate overmanagerer of his pitchers.  I get the righty/lefty theory but when a pitcher is throwing as well as Madson, Maeda and Urias were, let them go a few more batters. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s rough. I used to be a better baseball fan,but it was easy staying tuned to the exciting Astros- Dodgers series. I’ve been out of touch on this series though.

Yea, last year the games were going extras because it was blow after blow against each other. One would score 2 and the other would match.  This happened multiple times in extras.

Just now, AUBwins said:

Yea, last year the games were going extras because it was blow after blow against each other. One would score 2 and the other would match.  This happened multiple times in extras.

No lead was safe last year lol. It was awesome. This year has been kind of blah. I definitely couldn’t turn down sleep to watch extra innings. When did they start doing commercials between pitches? Are they trying to kill the ratings to already slow games?

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Not me....made it to the end of the 9th....and fortunately ...called it a night..

Important win for the Dodgers.... 

Yep, I’m feeling it right now! 

If it wasn’t for Boston, I wouldn’t have stayed up either. But, I lived up there for a bit and was a fan even before that.

I do enjoy playoff baseball in general, but I wish they could do something about the pace of play! Out of almost 7 hours of game time, I think half or less was actually any action. Most of the time you’re watching guys standing around, adjusting their crotches, their gloves, unis, or spitting!

I will say, Wood, the Dodgers reliever has a good pace.

Okay, so I had to hit the hay early last night after the marathon from the night/morning before. When I turned it off, it was 4-0 Dodgers, so I thought the series would be tied at 2.

I get up this morning and find out the Red Sox bats exploded after that! 9-6 crazy!

3-1 series lead! 

2 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

Okay, so I had to hit the hay early last night after the marathon from the night/morning before. When I turned it off, it was 4-0 Dodgers, so I thought the series would be tied at 2.

I get up this morning and find out the Red Sox bats exploded after that! 9-6 crazy!

3-1 series lead! 

Yep..….a quick comeback after the dodgers got what looked like an insurmountable lead late in the game....place was going nuts and dodger players were dancing around like they had won the WS.   Then ….boom....Sox pick up 3 on a big Morehead home run and then another dinger to tie the game by Pearce ....and the wheels came off for the home team.  Bosox seem to be at their most dangerous with two outs in an inning. 

Kimbrell still scares the h*** out of me when he is on the mound....insists on throwing those curves...some of which hang like juicy apples right in the strike zone ...but he got out of the trouble ..thanks to having a big cushion.

And I stayed to the end of that one....:)

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep..….a quick comeback after the dodgers got what looked like an insurmountable lead late in the game....place was going nuts and dodger players were dancing around like they had won the WS.   Then ….boom....Sox pick up 3 on a big Morehead home run and then another dinger to tie the game by Pearce ....and the wheels came off for the home team.  Bosox seem to be at their most dangerous with two outs in an inning. 

Kimbrell still scares the h*** out of me when he is on the mound....insists on throwing those curves...some of which hang like juicy apples right in the strike zone ...but he got out of the trouble ..thanks to having a big cushion.

And I stayed to the end of that one....:)

The clutch two out hits are like nothing I’ve ever seen. 

Kimbrell has been an emotional roller coaster to watch for sure.

The Sox are posed to win, yet again, a WS on the road. We’ll see how much fight the Dodgers have left tonight.

Dodgers were the team with the reputation for home runs but sox have been mailing them of out dodger stadium tonight.....now up 4-1 with three home runs tonight to got with that had been done in previous games. 

And Price has been amazing......pitching on very little rest.p 

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Dodgers were the team with the reputation for home runs but sox have been mailing them of out dodger stadium tonight.....now up 4-1 with three home runs tonight to got with that had been done in previous games. 

And Price has been amazing......pitching on very little rest.p 

When the Red Sox are on, they are a machine!

Here we go . . . bottom of the 9th . . .

3 outs to go . . .

2 outs to go . . . 

1 out to go . . . 

And that’s a wrap!

Red Sox win the WS!

Go Sox!

What a brutal image with that final strikeout to win it.  Great job Red Sox. 

:party:🔴🧦!

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

What a brutal image with that final strikeout to win it.  Great job Red Sox. 

Dodgers were mentally destroyed by the 8th inning.....bosox pitchers struck out the side in the 8th and 9 with barely a loud foul from dodger hitters. 

I feel bad for Kershaw because he’s such a great pitcher. It feels like the Dodgers window for a championship has just about closed even with great young players like Seager, Bellinger, Taylor, Pederson, Muncy etc... 

• 3 months later...

• 4 months later...

• 1 year later...

Archived