BOSTON RED SOX THREAD!!

Guest Autiger88

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a good game to watch. Severino look really good you can see why they didn't want to trade him plus your guy was unhitable

Yeah, Severino did look really good. Velocity was scary good.

I am liking that the Red Sox and Yankees have realized that they can be even better by keeping their in-house talent and developing them, instead of continually trading away great minor league players for established stars that are on the decline.

Hated to see Napoli get traded, but it's for the best for all involved. #FearTheBeard.

• 6 months later...

The team is looking good this year, I think. Substantial upgrades in the bullpen and Price will be our ace.

I can't wait for the season to start!!

I'm.so sorry I've missed this thread through the years.

Red Sox for life!

It's ok. Better late than never!

Go Sox!

• 5 weeks later...

Opening day is finally here!!!

Red Sox okay tomorrow and I'll miss it due to work, but it's great to have baseball back again!

• 1 month later...

JBJ is fun to watch. Great hitting streak, and amazing defense. Really liking the young kids so far.

No I lived in Alabama my whole life just grew up a Red Sox fan :dunno: Why do I have to be from Boston to be a Red Sox fan I just have never liked the Braves :dunno:

And we are up 3-2 in the bottom of the 6th

Same.....grew up near Mobile...always like Boston...maybe because of Ted Williams....and always hated the Yankees...something about growing up in south Alabama maybe :-\

No I lived in Alabama my whole life just grew up a Red Sox fan :dunno: Why do I have to be from Boston to be a Red Sox fan I just have never liked the Braves :dunno:

And we are up 3-2 in the bottom of the 6th

Same.....grew up near Mobile...always like Boston...maybe because of Ted Williams....and always hated the Yankees...something about growing up in south Alabama maybe :-\

I grew up in South Florida and my grandfather was a big RS fan, (the rest of his married into family were from NY/NJ and big Yankee fans.) I just became a RS fan due to my GF showing me games with the sox when Fisk, Yaz, and Rice were big.

1986 just drove a stake through my heart. 2004 was redemption, but my GF had already passed away by then.

• 1 month later...

Just got Drew Pomeranz from the Padres in a trade. Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
On July 14, 2016 at 8:16 PM, aubearcat said:

Just got Drew Pomeranz from the Padres in a trade. Awesome!

Not really awesome.  More like meh.

• 4 weeks later...

Betts just seems to be getting better and better!   Love when the youth makes it big like that.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

With the acquisition of Sale, the Bo Sox have to be the number one contender for the Series championship, even more so than the Cubs. A three man rotation of Porcello, Sale, and then Price is devastating. Funny thing about it, Cashman seemed to have his feelings hurt about it calling the Sox the GS Warriors of the MLB.  

The acquisition of Sale was impressive! We still need more consistency from the bullpen and maybe one more bat. It'll be interesting to see if Sandoval is able to make a comeback.

• 3 months later...

Let's go Sox! (And Dodgers) It's going to be a championship type season. 

The Sox will struggle out of the gate with the amount of key pitchers on the DL. But hopefully they'll hit their stride midseason when they are scheduled to get everyone back. I'm supposed to go to a game at Fenway on birthday, June 9th (bucket list).

Archived