BOSTON RED SOX THREAD!!

Guest Autiger88

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

The Sox will struggle out of the gate with the amount of key pitchers on the DL. But hopefully they'll hit their stride midseason when they are scheduled to get everyone back. I'm supposed to go to a game at Fenway on birthday, June 9th (bucket list).

Hate bosox's but good for you Fenway a great park to go once for this Yankee fan

• 4 months later...

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Got a good bat in Martinez. 

I certainly hope so 

• 4 months later...

Wife is talking about taking me to Fenway for our anniversary this year! The weekend we’d go, the yanks are in town. YAY!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Wife is talking about taking me to Fenway for our anniversary this year! The weekend we’d go, the yanks are in town. YAY!!!!!!!

Good for you and this is coming from a Yankee fan

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Own the division now just playing out the season to get the most wins in team history. Which, 106 would do it- should be a forgone conclusion. 

Gotta give credit to the bosox....ran that lead up to 9.5 games over the Yanks by sweeping a 4 game series with them  and have kept it there after 3 or 4 weeks of play despite a few up and down road series.   What a well balanced team they have.....fun to watch

On 9/25/2018 at 3:50 PM, AU64 said:

Gotta give credit to the bosox....ran that lead up to 9.5 games over the Yanks by sweeping a 4 game series with them  and have kept it there after 3 or 4 weeks of play despite a few up and down road series.   What a well balanced team they have.....fun to watch

:eek2:

On 9/25/2018 at 2:50 PM, AU64 said:

Yep that ALCS with Astros would be fun! ?

I think the As will beat Yankees (sorry Golf)  and possibly give Red Sox a series.  I think they are a dangerous team.  Overall the AL playoffs are loaded.  Any of the teams could be a threat.  

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Yep that ALCS with Astros would be fun! ?

I think the As will beat Yankees (sorry Golf)  and possibly give Red Sox a series.  I think they are a dangerous team.  Overall the AL playoffs are loaded.  Any of the teams could be a threat.  

A's sneaked up on me....playing out west mostly I had not kept up with them other than to note they were in a race with Yankees for the wild card but they seem to have some bats.....Need to look more closely at them before the playoffs....don't think I know any of their players. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

A's sneaked up on me....playing out west mostly I had not kept up with them other than to note they were in a race with Yankees for the wild card but they seem to have some bats.....Need to look more closely at them before the playoffs....don't think I know any of their players. 

Only familiar with them because of how close they pushed Astros for the West.  Astros have just been lights out lately. 

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Only familiar with them because of how close they pushed Astros for the West.  Astros have just been lights out lately. 

I know some of the Astros players from last year and the seem to make it on TV more than the A's.    I sometimes watch the first couple innings of west coast games that start at 10 EST......but mostly they favor the Dodgers it seems.   Lots of teams out west to try and give coverage only one or two nights a week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s Go Red SAUX 👏🏻👏🏻...👏🏻👏🏻!

JD MARTINEZ!!!!!

BO SOX!!!!! Eff the yanks! #DoDamage #DirtyWater

I thought Kimbrell was going to blow the whole thing!

And what is the deal with his lowered-karate-crane stance?!

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Congrat's to the Bo Sox now I become the biggest fan of the Astros

😀   Understand …..but gotta give the sox a little credit....they pretty much owned the Yankees when it counted and yet when the yanks loaded the bases in the 9th I figured they were on their way to Houston...even with another game to play.    Woke up this AM thinking it was Monday morning.....because of how many Sunday night marathons I've watched this year between those two teams.    It is about impossible for them to play a 9 inning game in less than 3 yours.....and most seem closer to 4..Can't wait until they play again....

21 hours ago, AU64 said:

😀   Understand …..but gotta give the sox a little credit....they pretty much owned the Yankees when it counted and yet when the yanks loaded the bases in the 9th I figured they were on their way to Houston...even with another game to play.    Woke up this AM thinking it was Monday morning.....because of how many Sunday night marathons I've watched this year between those two teams.    It is about impossible for them to play a 9 inning game in less than 3 yours.....and most seem closer to 4..Can't wait until they play again....

dang 64 I said congrat coming from a lifelonggggggggg Yankee fan it made me puke to say it. I had to drink more beer then normal to do that.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I said congrat

I didn't say you had to go that far......but I'm proud you made the effort...though maybe it was just a pretext to give you the excuse for another PRB...:dunno:

But as a baseball fan, you have to admit that watching those two teams fight it out in recent years is why the game is still fun though one would think that playing the same opponent 20 times over 5 or 6 months would get boring …..but I guess not if you hate them and look for any opportunity to rub it in. 

Archived