BOSTON RED SOX THREAD!!

Guest Autiger88

Well rough night for my Astros, but figured I would post this here, since it will be the last win this season for the Sox 😉

20181016_190944.jpg

20181016_173506.jpg

20181016_155818.jpg

20181016_155515.jpg

20181016_154718.jpg

20181016_154620.jpg

20181016_154547.jpg

20181016_154544.jpg

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well rough night for my Astros, but figured I would post this here, since it will be the last win this season for the Sox 😉

20181016_190944.jpg

20181016_173506.jpg

20181016_155818.jpg

20181016_155515.jpg

20181016_154718.jpg

20181016_154620.jpg

20181016_154547.jpg

20181016_154544.jpg

Great pix.....and that grand slam did the trick …..sox on the way to finish up in a couple more games....Portello should have another good game....he's nasty. 

Guess you missed getting a picture of all the players kneeling along the baselines during the National Anthem...😀    oh right, that seems to be an NFL thing. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Great pix.....and that grand slam did the trick …..sox on the way to finish up in a couple more games....Portello should have another good game....he's nasty. 

Guess you missed getting a picture of all the players kneeling along the baselines during the National Anthem...😀    oh right, that seems to be an NFL thing. 

Yea the slam just zapped the energy out of the stadium.  To hit 2 batters back to back with 2 strike counts was tough.  Well now we will just have to celebrate in Fenway and save the Houston celebration the following week in the Series! Go stros!

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yea the slam just zapped the energy out of the stadium.  To hit 2 batters back to back with 2 strike counts was tough.  Well now we will just have to celebrate in Fenway and save the Houston celebration the following week in the Series! Go stros!

I am a sox fan but felt bad for Osuna....I hate to see a guy self destruct like that......but Hinch was trying to save a top reliever since he was trailing by 2....I'm thinking Osuna was a second level guy and the move blew up in his face. 

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I am a sox fan but felt bad for Osuna....I hate to see a guy self destruct like that......but Hinch was trying to save a top reliever since he was trailing by 2....I'm thinking Osuna was a second level guy and the move blew up in his face. 

Yea I figured that was why he was still there after loading bases, but thought he would pull him after that. 

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

20181016_190944.jpg

20181016_173506.jpg

20181016_155818.jpg

20181016_155515.jpg

20181016_154718.jpg

20181016_154620.jpg

20181016_154547.jpg

20181016_154544.jpg

Those are okay pictures but when you have a legendary park like Fenway, you don’t tear it down ala the Astro Dome. 😬

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Those are okay pictures but when you have a legendary park like Fenway, you don’t tear it down ala the Astro Dome. 😬

Haha, yes nothing tops the iconic fields around the league.  I do feel minute maid park is set up to age well and have a nice look about it. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the BoSox. Just not standing in the way of my Astros. 

Well  AUB....another tough night for the Astros.....interesting call on the play but Mookie was 100% gonna catch that ball.

And I like Minute Maid park......interesting lines and kind of a hitter's park for a place with a roof...

I agree Betts was probably going to catch that ball, and the fan definitely interfered. It looked to me at least that the interference was outside the wall, basing it off the way the fan was kind of basket catching it and not leaning over. I agree the replay was inconclusive to overturn. It may have actually woke the Stros up tonight. They have had a hard time getting that lead lately and they finally do only for Boston to take it back. Kudos to those hitters. 

This game is reminding me of one of those classic World Series games last year, and is far from over with scoring tonight I think. 

#DoDamage

18 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I agree Betts was probably going to catch that ball, and the fan definitely interfered. It looked to me at least that the interference was outside the wall, basing it off the way the fan was kind of basket catching it and not leaning over. I agree the replay was inconclusive to overturn. It may have actually woke the Stros up tonight. They have had a hard time getting that lead lately and they finally do only for Boston to take it back. Kudos to those hitters. 

This game is reminding me of one of those classic World Series games last year, and is far from over with scoring tonight I think. 

Another 4 hour plus game and I was long asleep when that last game saving catch was made in the bottom of the 9th....   Danged Red Sox take forever to play a ballgame....and pitchers are ridiculously slow workers. 

So another 8PM EDT game tonight and I'll hang in there until 11:30 and hope that's enough...

Congrats to Boston and David Price whom pitched wonderfully last night.  I really think Altuve playing DH limited the Astros a good bit in the offensive production.  With Gonzalez moving from LF to 2B, it forces Kemp into the lineup at LF. In a game like last night with the lefty on the mound, the Stros are not able to use the bat of Gattis in DH spot.  Either way Boston played extremely well in Houston this week.  They always made the play needed.  Special team this year.  On to the series! Go BoSox.

Let’s Go Red Sox!!! 👏🏻👏🏻...👏🏻👏🏻

Now, come on LA for an epic series. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Congrats to Boston and David Price whom pitched wonderfully last night.  I really think Altuve playing DH limited the Astros a good bit in the offensive production.  With Gonzalez moving from LF to 2B, it forces Kemp into the lineup at LF. In a game like last night with the lefty on the mound, the Stros are not able to use the bat of Gattis in DH spot.  Either way Boston played extremely well in Houston this week.  They always made the play needed.  Special team this year.  On to the series! Go BoSox.

Enjoyed the chats.....

I've been a Sox fan forever and like many Cubs fans I guess, no matter how well they seem to be playing, I'm still mentally programmed for them to fail when it counts.    No question …..the series with the Astros validated the unbelievable record they had this season.  I like the Astros and the way they have built that team from nothing in just a few years...Bregman, Altuve...Springer...love to watch those guys play the game.  Hated it for Verlander….no run support and he was having to be perfect with every pitch.....lots of pressure on him until the dam broke. 

As for the Red Sox,  ....looks like they are the "real deal" and seem to have it all...offense and defense....but still one series left ahead of them......likely in LA ….but you never know....which is why they play the game.  

On 10/19/2018 at 6:46 AM, aubearcat said:

Let’s Go Red Sox!!! 👏🏻👏🏻...👏🏻👏🏻

Now, come on LA for an epic series. 

:bananadance::party:

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

:bananadance::party:

Well...maybe so......looks like we are gonna see some 40 degree baseball.....boy I hated playing when it was cold.   

Should be an interesting series....pitchers will have their work cut out for them....good bats on both teams. 

Boston’s pitching is deeper and I believe the Sox have the ability to play smaller ball. The Dodgers use guerilla ball a lot. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Boston’s pitching is deeper and I believe the Sox have the ability to play smaller ball. The Dodgers use guerilla ball a lot. 

Could be....maybe depends on the parks they play in ….but both have over 200 HRs this year...but not sure how Fenway figures into the situation other than probability that the Boston games will be played in 40+ degree temps which might affect hitting?  

I'm ready though.....looking forward to first game on Tuesday.. 

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Could be....maybe depends on the parks they play in ….but both have over 200 HRs this year...but not sure how Fenway figures into the situation other than probability that the Boston games will be played in 40+ degree temps which might affect hitting?  

I'm ready though.....looking forward to first game on Tuesday.. 

Indeed 

Big win to take Game 1! Once again, timely and clutch hitting and RBIs with 2 outs was the difference.

And the game was over before midnight......thanks DP.....good effort and no messing around between pitches. 

Bradley with a dinger to tie the game at 1-1 in the 8th.....pitcher's dominated thus far....

Archived