"the bunt"

Thanks for posting the link.  I originally thought it was a suicide squeeze but it wasn't  the runner didn't break until the ball was bunted so it was a safety squeeze.  Either way it worked!!! 

It was awesome. He was safe no doubt. We were sitting in section 35 just right of home plate. Those guys played their buts off today.  Hopefully this will give them the confidence boost they need for the road trip to Vandy.

:believe:            :believe:              :believe:      :wareagle:            :wareagle:

I was there and everyone went insane when that happened. We acted like we had won a super regional and were going back to the CWS but it was an awesome moment. I think the entire series created momentum for the rest of the SEC series.

That was super.  By the way, love the unis.  Guess I need to pay more attention.

It worked, so War Eagle. But....does anybody else think we maybe should have hit away in that situation? There were no outs and a single or OF fly would have won it with less risk. Before the play I was thinkin' if it gets to two outs, then try the squeeze.

It worked, so War Eagle. But....does anybody else think we maybe should have hit away in that situation? There were no outs and a single or OF fly would have won it with less risk. Before the play I was thinkin' if it gets to two outs, then try the squeeze.

With two outs,an out at first nunlifies a run ,so there is no need to make a play at home,I dont recall ever seeing a squeez play with two outs.

Great point about doing a squeeze play with no outs,with so many ways to score a guy from third with no outs,a aqueeze is usually done with one out.I agree with around4.It looked like a safety squeeze and not a suicide squeeze

It worked, so War Eagle. But....does anybody else think we maybe should have hit away in that situation? There were no outs and a single or OF fly would have won it with less risk. Before the play I was thinkin' if it gets to two outs, then try the squeeze.quote]

With two outs,an out at first nunlifies a run ,so there is no need to make a play at home,I dont recall ever seeing a squeez play with two outs.

Great point about doing a squeeze play with no outs,with so many ways to score a guy from third with no outs,a aqueeze is usually done with one out.I agree with around4.It looked like a safety squeeze and not a suicide squeeze

Yea; squeeze doesn`t work with two outs. Force play at first nullifies that chance. But usually done with one out. This was more of a safety squeeze so wasn`t that much risk. Great call by Coach.

WDE

With anyone else in the lineup up to bat I would've said swing away, but Fredejas knows how to bunt better than most people I've ever seen play the game.  Combine that with the closer that LSU had just brought in, and you're looking at the safest chance that he puts the ball in play.  I'd have to say that it was an outstanding call by Palowski!!

I thought it was a great call. Its one where if it worked like it did we're happy Pawlowski did it but had McElroy been throwed out we'd be angry and mad at Pawlowski. It could've went either way and fortunately it went our way. WDE!!!!!

They also had 7 people in the infield (only two in the outfield). I would have swung away, but it worked out none the less.

Including the pitcher and catcher. Only 5 fielders. Bunt was better than a groundball because 1st baseman playing back with a man on first. They couldn`t let him steal and take away double play at that point or even just a force at second though the runner should score on a double play anyway.

I think if it had been anyone other than Fradejas we woulda gone for sac fly but Justin's the best bunter on the team and not as good at driving the ball deep for sac flys. I think it was perfect call with who was at bat

No doubt the skills of the batter have a lot to do with what the coach can call.

As to not calling the squeeze with two outs, I like it with two gone. The infield will be playing back to make the P. O. at first and they aren't looking for it. Again the bunting skill and speed of the batter probably has more to do with it than any other situation.

Gutsy call...

Reason Coach P is getting the big bucks ... in this case he is a "genius" ... and as mentioned above, he apparently

knew the player's skill set ...

I personally love to see our team be aggressive and go for the win in this type of situation!

Big time gutsy call, of course one of those that makes you look like a genius if it works.  It's going to be a tough road though, and we definitely need to carry this momentum up to Vanderbilt this weekend.

They lost 2 out of 3 to USCe this past weekend, and after that series still have just 3 home losses on the season.  So it'll be tough sledding, but hopefully the confidence that came from this, especially bouncing back after Friday night, will carry us to another series victory.

Archived