STEELERS THREAD

WDEAUB

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

“This kid may never be a top receiver like Antonio Brown or JuJu Smith-Schuster, but he will turn out to be a solid receiver. The talent is, and was, there on not just his college tape, but his preseason tape, too. However, when it comes to Washington, it is a very unique situation.

Mike Gundy’s Oklahoma State offense asked Washington to run three basic routes — a simple streak, a post, and occasionally, a slant. Washington is immediately at a disadvantage due to an inexplicably bare route tree. You think Dez Bryant was polished coming out? He certainly was not, and he had to learn all the NFL routes, and it was no wonder he never came on until late 2010.

Washington is the same way. He has had to learn routes like an in, the NFL out, a chair route, a simple fade, wheels, anything you can think of, Washington has had to learn. The guy wasn’t even asked to run a curl route in college. Over the past few weeks, the Steelersare starting to expand his route tree, which is why you saw him run a reverse sluggo on Sunday.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2018/12/1/18119136/dont-worry-steelers-fans-james-washington-will-come-around-antonio-brown-juju-smith-schuster-nfl

Article is completely wrong.... nothing to do with it being the Steelers and me being a lifelong Cowboys fan lol... jk.

I actually could see that, Gundy goes deep alot and his wideouts usually go up over people and make the plays. If you watch you see different routes, possible that a players skill set depends on his routes. I truthfully don't know enough about the game to critic it. Washington was a beast at OSU going deep, just like Bryant was.

I remember him specifically mentioning adjusting routes at halftime against I think WVU this year.

Edited by Texan4Auburn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Article is completely wrong.... nothing to do with it being the Steelers and me being a lifelong Cowboys fan lol... jk.

I actually could see that, Gundy goes deep alot and his wideouts usually go up over people and make the plays. If you watch you see different routes, possible that a players skill set depends on his routes. I truthfully don't know enough about the game to critic it. Washington was a beast at OSU going deep, just like Bryant was.

I remember him specifically mentioning adjusting routes at halftime against I think WVU this year.

It was surprising for sure. It is SB Nation though lol.

The refs were absolutely horrible tonight. Still gotta finish off a game while leading like that. We have an uphill battle on our hands with the Pats and Saints ending the regular season. This loss is a gut punch. 

• Like 1

Physically ill damn.......................... after being up 23-7...................Steelers going to drive me to drink. Two weeks ago looking good then hit the crapper

• Like 1

Two losses in a row that we should not have lost. And, remind me, are we in the AFC North or West?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

We seem to never play good on the west coast.......... looking bad lately should have already locked up the division

It feels like Ben always lays a egg on the road. At least that is the perception I have of him. He is a vetern QB he should be better than that and not be a home baby.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

:timeout:    I'm worn out....Samuels played a hell of a game

Mike Tomlin is the Tubs of NFL coaches with a super bowl ring lol. Wins a lot of big games but then loses to absolute crap teams sometimes like to the raiders last week.

On 12/13/2018 at 6:25 PM, augolf1716 said:

Yep hearing some rumblings going on but I think he make it. We shall see

Yes, there have been rumblings. Some going back a few years too. A lot of talent with not much to show for it, plus not the most disciplined locker room.

But, that was a big win today against a team we rarely beat!

The Ravens win last night puts the Steelers in the pressure cooker. Tonight’s game is the biggest of the season in a very tough place to get a win. It’s do or die.

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

The Ravens win last night puts the Steelers in the pressure cooker. Tonight’s game is the biggest of the season in a very tough place to get a win. It’s do or die.

Then they are doomed with the Saints able to clinch #1 with a win. 

DOME sweet dome!

GEAUX SAINTS!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

DOME sweet dome!

GEAUX SAINTS!

Git ‘em!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Yes it does but it's our own damn fault. Going to need something special to happen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

DOME sweet dome!

GEAUX SAINTS!

Go Steelers Go! So far we’ve showed up. 

15 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Go Steelers Go! So far we’ve showed up. 

Yep, they have showed up. Should be a fun finish!

If the Saints lose this, we should pin tbe loss on Cameron Jordan. The Saints just forced a clutch TO though so :popcorn:

⚜️ New Orleans Voo Doo in the dome.  Always! Just got tougher for every other NFC team to get to Super Bowl.

What a game!

Another lost season with a team that should resemble a championship instead of a joke. Regardless of that bull**** PI call in the first quarter this team is lacking a killer instinct and a smart coach. Fake punt was idiotic. Congrats to the Saints. Hope they can win it all. Love Drew Brees. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 2

As we discussed earlier, there are those who have run out of patience with Tomlin. It’s un-Steeler like to fire coaches, but Tomlin’s position is more and more precarious; especially with the ravens winning the way they are, seemingly back from the dead.

I think this season is Tomlin’s Steelers career in a microcosm. Thrilling wins, big numbers, mind-numbing, inexplicable losses, some looking unprepared and uninspired; while others, looking good for 90% of the game and then losing it in some head-scratching way.

This team has too much talent to be in this position. It has had incredible talent with not much to show for it these last several years. 

Edited by wareagleguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1