STEELERS THREAD

WDEAUB

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn it should have never never ever been in this position....didn't deserve to get in anyway

I agree 100%. Those choke jobs v/s Denver, San Diego, Oakland and last week v/s the Saints along with the tie to Cleveland did this years team in. We had better get better on defense or this run is completely over. Still love em. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep, he and Big Ben they say. It will be interesting to see how Tomlin and company handle this.

• 3 months later...

Wonderful to hear..................

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/4/10/18301097/ryan-shazier-doing-box-jumps-is-the-best-steelers-news-witnessed-on-social-media-in-a-long-time-nfl

It’s been an ugly time for the Steelers, especially on social media.

There have been so many social media beefs involving current and former Steelers lately, if he had the talent to do so, Le’Veon Bell could write and produce a rap song about them.

But I’m not here to talk about Steelers-related news I’ve witnessed on social media in recent days. Actually, I am. And the news isn’t negative. In fact, if it were any more inspirational, any movie producer worth his or her salt would throw away the script—"There’s no possible way this ever happened."

I’m talking about the incredible physical progress—the leaps and bounds (quite literally)—made by former (and, perhaps, future) Steelers inside linebacker, Ryan Shazier.

About a year ago, when Bryan Anthony Davis and I co-hosted a special draft-night edition of The Hangover, and we watched on our TVs as Shazier walked to the podium to announce the Steelers 2018 first-round pick, it was very emotional—a tear-jerker if there ever was one.

At the same time, however, it was also a little sad. Here was Shazier, almost five months removed from a spinal injury that left him temporarily paralyzed from the waist-down—an injury that required surgery—walking, sure, but with great struggle—not to mention the assistance of his fiancee.

Obviously, in the grand-scheme of things, this was quite encouraging. When you’re wondering if you will ever walk again, any progress in that department is a blessing. But the sight of Shazier walking with a great deal of struggle was sad for a different reason: his desire to resume his career as a top-flight inside linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Watching Shazier continue to struggle to walk all last summer and over the course of the season made you realize he would likely have to reevaluate his goals.

But here we are today, and Ryan Shazier is doing box jumps. And the box jumps come just months after he was first seen doing dead-lifts.I’m not sure if you know what a dead-lift is, but not only does it involve the lifting of a lot of weight, it requires you to have a strong and sturdy spine.

Many people have said they just want Shazier to be able to walk again, to have a normal existence. However, his dreams are apparently still greater than that. His goals for himself are different than what we have in mind for the rest of his life.

At a time when most of the news involving the Steelers—particularly on social media—is negative, here is Shazier giving us something 100 percent positive. No person in his or her right mind would ever troll the comments section of any story or video involving his great progress—not unless they were looking for a beat-down by the entire World Wide Web.

A rational person might rain on this picnic by reiterating their fear of Shazier trying to play again. I get that, but I’m starting to think there really will be a script written about the Ryan Shazier story some day, a script no movie producer worth his or her salt would ever dare throw away.

• Love 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, at least we’re not the Bengals! And hey, we’re actually in the thick of it in our division! 

On 9/10/2019 at 10:08 PM, wareagleguy said:

Could we please never play the Pats in NE ever again?

especially in the playoffs...If we get there anytime soon!:-\

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

especially in the playoffs...If we get there anytime soon!:-\

The crazy thing is how we are right there in the division, even with a 1-3 record. Tomlin needs to earn his keep. There’s a lot of disgruntled parties concerning him and the start to this season hasn’t helped.

Just don't see it happening for us this year but its still up for grabs so you never know. They have got to come up with a good plan for Mason to succeed

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just don't see it happening for us this year but its still up for grabs so you never know. They have got to come up with a good plan for Mason to succeed

I thought they did a good job of that last week, but they will have to open it up more against teams with competent offenses. Our WRs are going to have to step it up in the consistency department.

11 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

I thought they did a good job of that last week, but they will have to open it up more against teams with competent offenses. Our WRs are going to have to step it up in the consistency department.

Totally agree 

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep. I think they are babying him a little. I don't look at Cinn as a breakout game. They are too bad in my view. 

But to have Mason throw 17 times to his backs? It worked against Cinn, probably bc we always beat them even when they are good, and they had no prep time for the different new offensive plays we used (wildcat, throwing to the backs.etc). To only throw 2 times downfield for more than 10+ yards will not work against the Ravens. Mason is going to have to be let loose in completing chunk plays to open it up. 

This OC is not like when Ben had Arians. Ben was a gunslinger even when he was young, and I didn;t like the OC making Ben vulnerable to the hits he took early on in his career. 

If the plan is to get the ground game going. I agree.

If the game plan is to open Mason up a little more each game. I agree.

If the game plan is to NOT use QB sneaks on 3rd/4th and 1 (as our OC has just stated he is not a fan of). I disagree. :)

And on D...if we do not contain Jackson(scrambling) and Ingram(running)...we will be in trouble  I feel.

• Like 1

Mason can play....they just need to let him go for it. Good kid from Northwestern High School, S.C. 

The defense is where we can make the most impact. "IF" we are to turn it around in a division that is still in front of us we could possibly make the playoffs. But I doubt it. Not impressed with the coaching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Mason can play....they just need to let him go for it. Good kid from Northwestern High School, S.C. 

The defense is where we can make the most impact. "IF" we are to turn it around in a division that is still in front of us we could possibly make the playoffs. But I doubt it. Not impressed with the coaching. 

Yeah. I am tired of Tomlin. I think coaches have a shelf life. And he has not gotten us to the AFC Champ game but once in the last 8 years even with 3 Pro Bowl offensive players in the 3 Bs(and now we have none). 

Some years the D is subpar...and then some years its a lack of a running game. And his challenge calls stink. 

For Rooney to think there aren't as good a coach as Tomlin out there is bc he is afraid to make a change. The Rooneys have had 3 coaches in 40+ years. They kept Noll too long but when u win 4 SBs, its hard not to let him ride it out. Cowher retired, and now Tomlin. 

There are a lot of good young coaches out there that can manage this team....IMO. 

Rudolph got knocked out (literally), D played well enough to win, we defer to start the OT, D holds, O fumbles, ravens win. 

Seems like it was just one of those weekends, when neither of my teams could get out of their own way.

Fun game to watch last night. Old fashion Steeler game. It want take you to far  with the rest of the season but it was great last night. Happy for Duck as well made a couple of mistakes but did what they ask him to do. OL played a fantastic game.

One question would be wth with all the bad center snaps from Pouncey one even went over Ducks head.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:27 AM, augolf1716 said:

Fun game to watch last night. Old fashion Steeler game. It want take you to far  with the rest of the season but it was great last night. Happy for Duck as well made a couple of mistakes but did what they ask him to do. OL played a fantastic game.

One question would be wth with all the bad center snaps from Pouncey one even went over Ducks head.

Yep, uncharacteristic of MP, not sure what the issue was. I even paused the game, thinking MP was hurt and we had a backup in, but nope.

Another issue, if you are a LAC fan, is how do you not adjust and cover Conner on every pass attempt, lol!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...