STEELERS THREAD

WDEAUB

It both was and wasn't a high pressure kick for Daniel. Make or miss, the Raiders are in. If he missed it, though, there would have been the hue and cry from Pittsburgh that he missed it on purpose to keep them out of the playoffs.

The ironic part in all this is that I think SD's coach messed up by calling a timeout. The Raiders were not being overly aggressive in their play calling, and at that point of the game, they didn't need to be...sort of a "we're trying, sorta, but not going to kill ourselves. If you stop us, OK."

After the timeout, it was like they said "OK, you dumb MFers, you think YOU can still win and knock us out? Watch this.

I bet they would have tried the FG from 56 if they hadn't gained a yard. 

Anyway, good luck, Steeler fans...enjoy one last run with Big Ben.

• Like 1

I think we will play them much closer this time but their talent will overcome the grit we bring. We shall see. 

31 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I think we will play them much closer this time but their talent will overcome the grit we bring. We shall see. 

I agree, but iffense stinks with this college coordinator, a terrible OL they assembled to protect an aging QB, and Ben will to dump off more and more, with very little explosion attempts down the field.

We just won't be able to score enough points...I just hope we do score some in the first half, which lately has been non existent.

Big Ben gave us some amazing moments in his 18 year career! It will be odd not seeing 7 behind center next season.

As for the rest, we need serious upgrades. Youth and speed. Coaching changes. OL needs overhauling. A lot of work this off season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wareagleguy said:

Big Ben gave us some amazing moments in his 18 year career! It will be odd not seeing 7 behind center next season.

As for the rest, we need serious upgrades. Youth and speed. Coaching changes. OL needs overhauling. A lot of work this off season. 

Yes, get some help on that OL so Najee can run wild. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes, get some help on that OL so Najee can run wild. 

AN a a NFL OC, and better WRs that can hold on to 5-7 yard passes that hit you in the hands.

They hand tied Ben with a mediocre OL, and that hurt the rest of the offense, including Ben's lack of accuracy on deeper throws. 

• Like 2

I am not impressed with Matt Canada. Our best shot at winning Sunday was an up tempo approach the entire game. Outside of that we need a better O line, better receiving and better linebacker play to go along with better corners. 

• Like 1

Keith Butler announced his retirement today. Martindale anyone?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Keith Butler announced his retirement today. Martindale anyone?

Yea, was expected. Maybe suggested. Interesting to see what MT does and how much control if any he gives.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Always great to beat the Ratbirds of baltimore. Our offense can be offensive, and I hope Canada is gone at seasons end....but that defense can play.

Steelers News | Pittsburgh Steelers - Steelers.com

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2023 at 9:44 PM, autigeremt said:

Always great to beat the Ratbirds of baltimore. Our offense can be offensive, and I hope Canada is gone at seasons end....but that defense can play.

Steelers News | Pittsburgh Steelers - Steelers.com

This Saturday we get them again. Big game. 

That was a big win yesterday. Now we need some help today. 

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Glad we won but we're just not that good of a team atm. How bad is Watts injury?

I saw they downgraded it from Grace 3 to Grade 2 MCL tear. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm trying.....need a TD here now. no FG

INT hurt

• Like 1

For some reason I’m having flashbacks to the Terps! 

• Sad 1

The turnovers. Ugh. At least we got that TD before the half. 

• Like 1

It’s a game now! D has to get stops. 

Oh well.

Edited by wareagleguy

They got back into it and gave up a big play. I hope they can build off this and get better. It’s been 7 years since we won a playoff game. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

They got back into it and gave up a big play. I hope they can build off this and get better. It’s been 7 years since we won a playoff game. 

2016 at KC. 0-5 since. Yikes! 

I made it through the 80s and the B. Brister years. This isn’t that bad, but still un-Steeler like. 

• Like 2