STEELERS THREAD

WDEAUB

I went from high to low to high again to low again back to the highest of highs.................. What a game......................Black and Gold baby.........All this with a QB whos 80 years old............

We get beat by Tennessee, Oakland, Cleveland and now the Chargers :banghead:/> :banghead:/> :banghead:/>

It is frustrating to say the least. I was at the Tennessee game...sad thing is we lost two of those by a FG at the buzzer. The other two....not so much. Injuries and returning players make it tough to get any kind of consistency. Thank goodness the Bungels lost today.

Yeah i was sweating bullets on the Bungels game. hate the compokes as much as anybody but had to root for them yesterday.

Now we HAVE to take care of them ourselves this weekend.....I am with you on the "hate" meter. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Man that loss to the Cowboys hurt. I hate loosing to the Cowboys. I grew up loving the Steelers and hating the Cowboys and my brother loved the Cowboys and hated the Steelers. However that’s not why I posted. I wanted to remind Steelers fans of the special episode of A Football Life on NFL Network that will look back at the immaculate reception on it’s 40th anniversary. It airs tomorrow (Wed. Dec. 19th) at 7:00 CST.

Edited by Nay4AU

Losing to the Cowboys sux, but losing period sux. lol

Losing to the Ravens is 10X worse. We are 2-1 in Super Bowls v/s the 'boys and if not for the blown passes of one N.O., we could easily be 3-0 and have 7 Lombardies.

We have to win this weekend. I like our chances but I'm not sure where our head will be at gametime. I sense some real unrest in that locker room.

What a depressing year for football. At least we finally get a decent draft spot. We need it!

• 2 years later...

Organized football is back!!!

Well, pre-season, but still! Yay!

Edited by Bigbens42

Former AU Players on the Steelers are Sammie Coates #14 and Reese Dismukes # 61. Sammie got the start at WR. He was also on Punt team. I have not seen Reese yet. No AU guys on the Vikings. What is wrong with them?

Interesting that Al Michaels said that the Steelers have been a little disappointed in Coates. Not as fast as they thought. WTH? Sammie catches a deflected pass for his first catch.

Coates has been building through camp. Michaels couldn't even recognize the difference between #14 and #17......

Sammy looks pretty good to me. Jones missed him wide open after a nice double move (should have been a TD) and Sammy just missed a one handed grab for a TD before the half where the defender grabbed his other arm. I'm happy with him so far....and I'm as big a Steeler as you might find.

Interesting that Al Michaels said that the Steelers have been a little disappointed in Coates. Not as fast as they thought. WTH? Sammie catches a deflected pass for his first catch.

I don't understand that either. Sammie ran the forty before they drafted him.

Steelers happy with Coates performance v/s Vikings.

Coach Tomlin Quote

"He's working hard and improving every day," coach Mike Tomlin said in a press conference before the game. "In that way, he's very typical, but I try to come in without any preconceived notions. I don't want to put him in a box. Maybe he advances in his growth and development faster than some recent ones. Maybe he doesn't. The big thing is he comes every day with the attitude geared to working and improving."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-08-09/steelers-offense-weapons-receivers-sammie-coates-dri-archer-big-plays-roethlisberger-antonio-brown-bell-bryant

Seahawks fan here ...steelers the team I dislike the most due to superbowl XL I will never get over that ha, It was good to see Coates get a rep though yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dismukes makes the practice squad. Steelers like what he's done so far as he transitions to guard. Sammie a no brainer as their 4th WR.

Of course the bad news out of Steelers camp yesterday was the change of heart by letting Dismukes go in place of Barrett Jones. Took the shine off of that moment.