STEELERS THREAD

WDEAUB

Did Coates play last night? I'm not seeing any stats.

no he didn't play. He was inactive and it appears, at this point, his playing time will be limited this year. http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/sammie-coates-seems-unlikely-to-play-soon-after-week-one-inactive-status/

no he didn't play. He was inactive and it appears, at this point, his playing time will be limited this year. http://www.steelersd...nactive-status/

Interesting. A comment below the article you linked mentioned that it was an undrafted free agent which earned the 4th receiver spot over Coates. And to add insult to that, the undrafted free agent is a former qb that is just as raw at WR than Coates is. That is not good.

no he didn't play. He was inactive and it appears, at this point, his playing time will be limited this year. http://www.steelersd...nactive-status/

Interesting. A comment below the article you linked mentioned that it was an undrafted free agent which earned the 4th receiver spot over Coates. And to add insult to that, the undrafted free agent is a former qb that is just as raw at WR than Coates is. That is not good.

Sammie may not play a lot but he has a spot with the Steelers. His chance will come at some point. Edited by cooltigger21

• 4 weeks later...

True, I found myself watching the game and asking such questions as . . . Why are we not running some Read-Option plays? Why do we keep handing it off to LB, especially on 1st down. Why are we not throwing the ball more, after all, our QB has a big arm? Why is the QB not scrambling more, he's supposed to be a good runner? Why did our D look so porous at times?

And then I thought, Wait a minute, which team am I talking about?!!! ;):big:

Man just what I was thinking watching the game. Almost fell asleep watching our offense and defense does really well in most areas except we can't cover a good tightend. How we scored two TD's in the last quarter/last play left me speechless

Yep, good TEs have traditionally caused us some headaches.

And the O did look pretty basic most of the game, which surprised me a bit, since they had a good bit of time to work on some things.

Then again, I can't complain much, I remember the Brister years!

I saw this a day or so ago and thought it was cool.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/14/crowd-noise-from-steelers-fans-affected-philip-rivers-in-san-diego/

The Steelers travel better than any team in the league.

Yep Steeler Nation is everywhere.

There's even a Steeler's Bar in Rome, Italy, near the Piazza Navona.

I could not have been any prouder of this team and my fellow fans in SD. One more and Ben will be back! I like where we are heading right now.

Here we go Steelers here we go! Didn't realize we had a Steeler thread, AU is #1 with me and the Steelers are my #1 NFL team!

Here we go Steelers here we go! Didn't realize we had a Steeler thread, AU is #1 with me and the Steelers are my #1 NFL team!

Same here. Lifelong fan of both!

Yes, I heard the guy on the NFL show saying you don't want Jones as your QB and then he put up some nice numbers

Yes, KC has stumbled this year, but they still have some good talent. Our D is playing better than I thought they would. We just need to keep pace with Cincy until Big Ben returns.