NEW YORK YANKEE THREAD

AUAeroEngineer

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Absolutely....baseball really needed a Yankee/Dodger series. Of course me being a Yankee fan doesn't have anything to do with my opinion....yeah right.

Agree about Judge 

But ya gotta have some admiration for Altuve......how many times in his life has he been told that he's not big enough to play the game? ....and probably about every level since he was 12 years old.    He has had a lot to overcome...including being born in Venezuela.

He and Judge were something to watch....except that Verlander owned Judge...

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But ya gotta have some admiration for Altuve......how many times in his life has he been told that he's not big enough to play the game? ....and probably about every level since he was 12 years old.    He has had a lot to overcome...including being born in Venezuela.

He and Judge were something to watch....except that Verlander owned Judge...

Verlander owned just about all the Yankees

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Pretty much showed up everyone that thought it was a bad trade for the Astros. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Well them too....did you see the video 21 Ks in 21 seconds.....?   Some really bad scenes for Yankee batters

...amazing stuff on those 3rd strikes.

https://www.mlb.com/video/verlanders-21-ks-in-21-seconds/c-1864819783

Edited by AU64

Yep amazing what playing for a contender can do for your psyche. He looked like early Detroit years in the postseason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yep amazing what playing for a contender can do for your psyche. He looked like early Detroit years in the postseason. 

I've always like him but at Detroit he was rarely contending......when the games were on the line for Astros he showed what he has inside. I will say that I liked the move when it was made and glad to see him get the chance for a ring....

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well them too....did you see the video 21 Ks in 21 seconds.....?   Some really bad scenes for Yankee batters

tried to get the video....can't make it open though...if you have not seen it, pretty easy to find I think....amazing stuff on those 3rd strikes.

no didn't see it don't think I want to punk all over myself so I may just skip it.

• Haha 1

Girardi gone today.....Golf...did you see that coming?   Not me...maybe some behind the scenes issues? 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Girardi gone today.....Golf...did you see that coming?   Not me...maybe some behind the scenes issues? 

No didn't see it coming after getting one game from world series but I did hear he would be gone if they did get to the AL championship. I think its a mistake imo 

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No didn't see it coming after getting one game from world series but I did hear he would be gone if they did get to the AL championship. I think its a mistake imo 

Not sure what was going behind the scenes but looks like they / he had built a team that should last for a few years with some good young players.   I'm guessing it was not just "on the field" stuff....:dunno:

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not sure what was going behind the scenes but looks like they / he had built a team that should last for a few years with some good young players.   I'm guessing it was not just "on the field" stuff....:dunno:

Plus they are loaded in the farm system. Oh well the Yankee way I guess

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I thought he was a great coach. Definitely something going on. He was only one game from the World Series this year so it’s not like his team isn’t performing.

Edited by aujeff11

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I thought he was a great coach. Definitely something going on. He was only one game from the World Series this year so it’s not like his team isn’t performing.

Agree....the Yanks had gotten further than expected...unless expectations were higher earlier in the season and he was under fire for making it so close.    I liked him....cool under fire and let the players play the game.

I have always contended that a baseball manager has only two serious jobs......making up the line-up and knowing when to pull a pitcher.    :)       He seemed pretty good at both.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

lets all welcome Mr. Stanton to my beloved Yankeessssssssssssssssssssss

You misspelled Yankee$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Stanton goes deep twice  (  marlins are sick...lol )   and Nick hits a walkoff 3 run homer for the Braves!!!

On 12/10/2017 at 11:41 AM, aujeff11 said:

You misspelled Yankee$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just imagine the lineup once Machado signs win the Yankees next year?

$$$$$$$

2 inches of snow yesterday and 40 degrees and rain today....and they are playing....miserable way to start the season with maybe 5 or 7 thousand hearty fans...

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Great BB weather Yankees win 11-4

If you liked yesterday you are gonna love today.....:-\  well as soon as the weather delay is over in a few minutes that is....

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

If you liked yesterday you are gonna love today.....:-\  well as soon as the weather delay is over in a few minutes that is....

Did you hear that Facebook has certain BB games that can only be watched on Facebook. Like today Facebook will be the only place to watch the Mets play it also was in a delay

• 4 weeks later...

thought this was as good of a place as ever to put this!!! lol maybe one day he will play for the yanks!