NEW YORK YANKEE THREAD

AUAeroEngineer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yankees making unusual trades....have they already packed it in for this season?

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks....and likely the Yanks don't need all 3 of those fireball closers anyway.    Sounds like he bought at a yard sale price and was able to re-sell at full retail.    Wonder if that was the plan all along?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2016 at 2:52 PM, augolf1716 said:

Shocked...................................:-\

Damn it.  I was hoping the NYY would do like they always did and trade away good talent.  Kudos to the Yankees for the major haul they got for some less than stellar stars.   Yankees are rebuilding and that should scare many.

(I am just glad Dombrowski didn't trade our vast farm prospects at the deadline.) 

The future for the Yankees............wow back to back home runs in their first at bat

Austin and Judge are batting seventh and eighth, respectively, against the Rays (TB-NYY GameTracker), and suffice it to say each pup announced his presence rather loudly.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/watch-the-yankees-debut-of-tyler-austin-and-aaron-judge-couldnt-begin-any-better/

Golf, I read today that the NYY may be preparing to trade a large portion of their farm talent in some blockbuster trades this off season. The consensus is that with the FA market being horribly devoid of stars, it will spur a lot of trades.  NYY were mentioned as one of the teams looking to go after more stars.   Just wondered your thoughts on this.  Can the NYY fans be patient for the youth to mature, or will they be demanding a quick return?  I have to say, I am hoping the Red Sox don't trade the youth.  There's something extra satisfying when guys like Betts, Bradley, Boegarts, Pedroia make it big and become stars from the farm system.  It's painful to go a few years struggling though.  

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK golf...what do you think of the Yankee uniforms tonight.....my view.....:OnTheCan:

• 1 month later...

Did y’all hear the collective groan?

It could’ve been East Coast v. West Coast.

Los Angeles v. New York- two mass market teams.

But no, the Yankees finished with a dud.

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

yep...oh well

Not to mention that the sports world ( ESPN) would’ve gone bat-crazy in excitement over Aaron Judge. He is a gigantic superstar and  would’ve been cool if he made it there. 

54 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not to mention that the sports world ( ESPN) would’ve gone bat-crazy in excitement over Aaron Judge. He is a gigantic superstar and  would’ve been cool if he made it there. 

Absolutely....baseball really needed a Yankee/Dodger series. Of course me being a Yankee fan doesn't have anything to do with my opinion....yeah right.

Agree about Judge 

• Haha 1