Baseball Cards

I live in Atlanta and have thousands of Baseball cards and just want to get rid of them for the purpose of space. Hundreds, if not a couple thousand are in books. Another hundred or so are in hard "sleeves." The rest are in boxes. Most are 1988-1996.

~95% are Baseball; 4.5% are basketball; 0.49% are football; 0.01% are hockey

If I had to estimate... 94% of the cards are between 86 and 96 or so. The # of cards goes down each year, but back to about 79. I do have one 1948 Bowman and I think a couple in the 60s or 70s.

Most cards are the Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Frank Thomas (huge collection of Frank Thomas), Ken Griffey Jr (well-sized selection of The Kid), and the sort of an era. Also a huge Michael Jordan collection. Thomas and Jordan were my favorites. I have the oldest Jordan's outside of his STAR RC. I actually have the RC, but it is not Rated.

Hmmm....I haven't bought any baseball cards in years, but if I where to buy now, I would be interested in cards that are much older. I already have a good collection of cards from the late 80's and early 90's. 

Thanks

You wouldn't happen to have the Frank Thomas Topps rookie card with no name on the front would you?

414_frank_thomas_no_name.jpg

Ahh, I totally forgot about that one. But no, I don't have that error card.

• 3 weeks later...

I last collected Cards in 2002.  They are dead now.  you would be better off saving them and then pricing in 30 years.  i have  a whole safe (the expensive ones)  and then atleast 5-6 shoe boxes full of assorted card from the early 80s - 2002 

No one buys cards really and the shops that used to deal with them are no longer in business because of the lack of demand.

im sure they will pick up but dont expect soon.

I last collected Cards in 2002.   They are dead now.  you would be better off saving them and then pricing in 30 years.   i have  a whole safe (the expensive ones)   and then atleast 5-6 shoe boxes full of assorted card from the early 80s - 2002  

No one buys cards really and the shops that used to deal with them are no longer in business because of the lack of demand.

im sure they will pick up but dont expect soon.

This is right. The bottom fell out of card collecting several years back. I have a large group of friends that deal in collectables, everything from toys and hot wheels to cards, and they can't move any of the cards they have. In fact, they do much better dealing in hot wheels, which is what I collect now.  I, like you, have thousands of cards and have thought of getting rid of them. I decided against it and instead stored them away the best way I could to protect them. Id rather hold onto them and pass them along or sell them down the road than to let them go for next to nothing now. But, if you get an offer that suits you, then congratulations. Good luck!

Archived