Oxford, Alabama?

autkidd1345162876

Hey guys,

I posted a few weeks ago about trying to find something around Birmingham. I'm headed up tomorrow for an interview in Oxford. Anyone live there or know much about it. About all I know is that it is next to Anniston and about halfway between Atl and Bham.

Also if I get the job, I'll be looking for a place to live, on a tight budget, anyone have any ideas on places to live in the area. I've done a quick search on apartments, but didn't come up with much.

Thanks

ok buddy, im not from there, im closer bham. of what i know about oxford, it seem quite country which is nice. being close to anniston wont be bad either. as for housing, i wouldnt think there would be alot of apartments. but you could find a nice house for kinda cheap, due to being out some ways. look for houses, should be happy with that

Their high school is like a college. They treat it like a college and you gotta watch their football and baseball teams if you end up moving to Oxford. But its a nice area and i'm sure you'll like it.

Their high school is like a college. They treat it like a college and you gotta watch their football and baseball teams if you end up moving to Oxford. But its a nice area and i'm sure you'll like it.

true, i like the area personally. kinda seems countrified! haha

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad place. There is a mall and an outlet strip mall(Target, Home Depot, Best Buy). Last weekend I made it from Oxford to Atlanta in 1 hour. The high school football stadium is one of the nicest in the state. The head coach(John Gross) married my next door neighbor's daughter(Jada).

Archived