ACTUAL GAME THREAD Auburn: 7 Clemson: 13 FINAL

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope the bats come out to play tonight! With us coming from the losers bracket, Clemson is going to have more available guys to throw tonight.  Going to have to make plays in the field when we have the chance.  I can't recall ever being this excited for an Auburn baseball game streaming live on the internet with poor picture quality.  War Eagle!

I can't recall ever being this excited for an Auburn baseball game streaming live on the internet with poor picture quality.  War Eagle!

Me either!  In every interview with the media after yesterday's game, EVERY player talked about the crowd and how much it meant to them having that support.  I wish I could go tonight, but to those who are there... GIVE EM HELL!!!

I talked to a friend earlier today who played at Clemson (for Bill Wilhelm, Leggett's mentor and predecessor) and who follows Clemson baseball closely.  He said that Casey Harman (their pitcher who completely shut our bats down on Saturday night) had not thrown a complete game all season and clearly played his best game against us.  They were as shocked as we were by it.  I asked him if they had another Harman in the bullpen and he said "Not that I know of but we didn't expect him to pitch anywhere near that good.  We have a few freshmen who have shown toughness and control at times this spring but between your team's power and your crowd, that will be a really tall order.  I fully expect that we'll pitch Johnny Wholestaff tonight and hope to outscore Auburn in a slugfest..."  

I talked to a friend earlier today who played at Clemson (for Bill Wilhelm, Leggett's mentor and predecessor) and who follows Clemson baseball closely.  He said that Casey Harman (their pitcher who completely shut our bats down on Saturday night) had not thrown a complete game all season and clearly played his best game against us.  They were as shocked as we were by it.  I asked him if they had another Harman in the bullpen and he said "Not that I know of but we didn't expect him to pitch anywhere near that good.  We have a few freshmen who have shown toughness and control at times this spring but between your team's power and your crowd, that will be a really tall order.  I fully expect that we'll pitch Johnny Wholestaff tonight and hope to outscore Auburn in a slugfest..."  

yeah...... ball's in our court

Archived