Carolina Tiger's Dad passes away.

DKW 86

From PM

CT, I was thinking about you yesterday morning. Not kizmet, but maybe it was. I dont know. We are so sorry for you and your family. Please let understand we send our condolences to all.

hi david.

just wanted to drop you a note and let you know my dad passed away peacefully yesterday morning (8/13) around 2:25am.

we had had the email about my absence, and i know a few had mentioned some concern.

if you could post a note for me in the mod forum (or wherever i had the other thread), i'd appreciate it.

i'm in gardendale for the forseeable future.

his obituary ran in today's b'ham news...bobby s. davis. i'm very sad, but you nailed it on the head when you said to cherish the moments we had together...i do cherish these past few weeks a great deal.

thanks,

--CT

CT, sorry for this sad time. My heart goes out to you and your family. Be thankful fot the many years you had with your Dad. My Dad died when I was 7.

Here's the obit:

DAVIS, BOBBY S. SR., age 68, of Gardendale went to be with the Lord on August 13, 2004. He was a faithful and supportive member of Gardendale Church of the Nazarene. Known as "Pa Daddy" to his six precious grandchildren, he was a wonderful husband, dad and grandfather to his family and a valued friend to all who knew him. A graduate of Auburn University with a degree in electrical engineering, his professional career spanned over forty years with the Alabama Power Company. During those years he also served on many civic and charitable organizations: Boy Scouts, United Way, Civitans, Rotary, Lions' Club, Blount County for Foster Children and the American Red Cross. Preceded in death by his parents, Jeff and Inez Davis, he is survived by his wife, Wynelle S. Davis of Gardendale; daughter, Daun D. Minyard of Gardendale; Bobby S. (Meleah) Davis, Jr. of Cleveland; Dr. Stan (Doreen) Davis of Winston-Salem, N.C. and six beloved grandchildren, Cate Ann and Caleb Davis, Shearl, Emily and Thomas Brent Davis and Michella Minyard; sisters, Johnnie Ray Davis, Avis (James) Perry, Joyce (Joe) Roberts of Gardendale; brothers, Billy (Charlotte) Davis, Jerry (O'teena) Davis, Sr. of Gadsden and in laws, Janice Pope of Steele and Rubye (Donald) Wilson of Ashville; special cousins, Glenda (Ken) Plunkett of Arab; and a host of nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be held at Gardendale Church of the Nazarene, 1800 Decatur Highway, Gardendale, AL, at 3 o'clock P.M. on Saturday, August 14th, with interment in Oakwood Cemetery. Reverend Kyle Poole officiating. The family requests memorials be made to the Gardendale Church of the Nazarene, 1800 Decatur Highway, Gardendale, Alabama 35071. Dad is remembered as having frequently prayed, "And Lord, make us a blessing to Thee and others." He was a blessing and that is how he will be remembered. Ridout's Gardendale Chapel directing, 631-6252.

You and your family are all in my prayers, CT. Sorry to hear about this.

Prayers to you and yours CT ...... Truly sorry for your loss.

May God grant you strength through these troubled times.

CT, sorry for this sad time. My heart goes out to you and your family. Be thankful fot the many years you had with your Dad. My Dad died when I was 7.

I agree with PT here definately be thankful that you got to spend as much time as you did with your dad. I definately cherished the time i had with mine and i would definately give up everything i have right now if i could spend just one more day with him letting him know how much he meant to me. Maybe his decision would have been different...i got 21 years with my dad, but i sure wish i had many many more

thanks all. i'm finally back home.

this has been a very sad and painful experience, of course, but it's also been a sterling example of how God's love & His people can surround those who are hurting and envelop them with His love.

My mom, brother, sister, and me still covet your prayers.

ct

• 4 weeks later...
thanks all. i'm finally back home.

this has been a very sad and painful experience, of course, but it's also been a sterling example of how God's love & His people can surround those who are hurting and envelop them with His love.

My mom, brother, sister, and me still covet your prayers.

ct

CT:

May I join the rest of the Nation??

Blessing to you and your family!

Peace....

I know my response is late, but best of wishes to you and your family. I know this will be a difficult time. I lost my Father at the age of 18, my freshman year of college. Don't be afraid to talk about it to whomever will listen. It's a slow, painful process. I assure you, times will get better.

thanks duder.

i just got back from alabama, from spending a week w/ my mom. it was actually a bit easier than i thought it would be, which is a blessing. there's still lots of 'business' that needs to be taken care of, and that helps stay busy.

it's just odd going through all his stuff...almost like doing something w/o his permission...yet of course, its not like that at all.

i took my 3-year old son on the trip...we drove down, stayed w/ 'Nana' and had a good time... my mom was in tears as we left, which is sad...but we're heading back down in a few weeks for our fall break.

Archived