2011 class

Aub2414

I just wanted some opinions from more people that might know a lot more than me ( feel free to discuss w.e). How do yall think this class will turn out at the rate we are going. Seems like we are loosing out on some big recruits and some that we lead for, we no longer lead. and we dont have a large number of commitments. Just wondering what the hell is goin on. Be glad to here what yall have to say WAR EAGLE.

I just wanted some opinions from more people that might know a lot more than me ( feel free to discuss w.e). How do yall think this class will turn out at the rate we are going. Seems like we are loosing out on some big recruits and some that we lead for, we no longer lead. and we dont have a large number of commitments. Just wondering what the hell is goin on. Be glad to here what yall have to say WAR EAGLE.

Last year we referred to the recruiting season as a roller coaster ride, nothing has changed. Buckle up my friend.

A lot can happen between now and signing day.

Keep in mind that we made a real big impression on game day Saturdays last year. Recruits can get a real feel for Auburn by experiencing some of the traditions and watching the team play. You hardly ever hear a player not to mention the Crowd... our Fans play a big part sometimes. (See 2009 West Va game) We have to keep that going.

It's just June. Some guys that look great now may not look so great in Feb. 2011, others below the radar now may be top rated then.   The big factor will be our season and how we look on both sides of the ball.  If Phil Steele is correct and AU goes 11-1, we will pull a great class.  Even 9-3 or 10-2 we have a very good class. I believe our season will dictate our class because the big time O kids want to see if we build on what we did last year. Just my opinion.

Let me preface by saying I have absolutely no source of info except for this site. But from what I get from here I see us finishing as high this year in recruiting. I'm sure we'll get some people we're not even thinking about right now but I think we'll miss out on some guys too. I don't think we get Wright, Drew, Robinson, Cook, or Hart. Maybe we miss Blakely now too, situation reminds me a little of the Woodson deal. I hope we wrap up Rose, Florence, Lewter, and Jones. I don't feel too bad about Frost and maybe Coe. As far as how we finish in the rankings I hope maybe some of the lesser known guys like Blackson rise. I know we say we don't care about stars and most of you may not but I do. I think it ads a media value and helps snowball the whole process. Like the man said if you keep score we want to win. Or something like that. Just my thoughts and probably have no value what so ever.

The only media value I want is to win football games.

Rankings dont matter because this is a good coaching staff and they know what players fit into their schemes.

Darren Bates was a 2 star safety and he found his way into the starting rotation and played well.

Im not getting into a debate over the stupid star rankings... yes its great to land as many 4 star players as possible... but there is always a jewl out there somewhere that somebody missed.

Its early, nuff said. We will get our fair share of great players. There are a lot out there.

Mag and College, I believe that's a pretty good analysis of where we stand today.  We now have two threads going on our current recruiting status, so that shows the level of interest we all have.  As CGC said, we need two or three more top 10 recruiting years to get to where we want to be, so the level of interest is understandable.  I think the two differences are that there are many more of us into it at this point in the year versus last year, and the expectations are much higher than this time last year.  Probably very few expected us to get a top five class last year, now that's what we expect.  BTW, Magnolia and College is one helluva address, about as close to heaven as you can get!

Relax. Fall practice hasn't even started yet! I personally don't want a ton of these kids recruiting early. This is a long process and theses kids need to take their officials and see the schools in action on Saturdays and where the schools stand after the season. No need to get worked up this early. If anything I think we have a lot to be excited about! I mean look at all these big time guys who have showed interest in us this early in the process!  :we:

Relax. Fall practice hasn't even started yet! I personally don't want a ton of these kids recruiting early. This is a long process and theses kids need to take their officials and see the schools in action on Saturdays and where the schools stand after the season. No need to get worked up this early. If anything I think we have a lot to be excited about! I mean look at all these big time guys who have showed interest in us this early in the process!  :we:

AH-Greed!

Rankings dont matter because this is a good coaching staff and they know what players fit into their schemes.

Darren Bates was a 2 star safety and he found his way into the starting rotation and played well.

Im not getting into a debate over the stupid star rankings... yes its great to land as many 4 star players as possible... but there is always a jewl out there somewhere that somebody missed.

Its early, nuff said. We will get our fair share of great players. There are a lot out there.

If it was 'nuff said there would be no site or no posts. We're on here because we love Auburn football and there is none being played in June. Most of the year on here is speculation as was what I added. Just like every time I see guerra aguila there's a chance it may be followed by something relating to Mike Blakely. It's just a discussion and a point of view. Did I sound like Mayonegg in any way in presenting my thoughts? If I did, I apologize.

As for media value. I'm not sure how you run your business but people don't come through your door unless they know where your door is, what you have to offer, and a reason they need it. And it relates to your reputation.

i'm glad Bates (one of my favorites) is in Auburn and I don't care that he was a two star. But I still choose to want to finish 1st in every recruiting ranking rather than not. You have the choice not to care and that doesn't bother me.

Let me preface by saying I have absolutely no source of info except for this site. But from what I get from here I see us finishing as high this year in recruiting. I'm sure we'll get some people we're not even thinking about right now but I think we'll miss out on some guys too. I don't think we get Wright, Drew, Robinson, Cook, or Hart. Maybe we miss Blakely now too, situation reminds me a little of the Woodson deal. I hope we wrap up Rose, Florence, Lewter, and Jones. I don't feel too bad about Frost and maybe Coe. As far as how we finish in the rankings I hope maybe some of the lesser known guys like Blackson rise. I know we say we don't care about stars and most of you may not but I do. I think it ads a media value and helps snowball the whole process. Like the man said if you keep score we want to win. Or something like that. Just my thoughts and probably have no value what so ever.

I actually meant to say "I don't see us finishing as high this year"

These are the ones i think we have a good chance of signing right now besides our current commits:

1.  Mike Blakely

2.  Keymiya Harrell

3.  Jabrian Niles

4.  Gabriel Wright

5.  Jonathan Rose

6.  Erique Florence

7.  Kris Frost

8.  Jamar Lewter

9.  Brandon Fulse

10.Christion Jones

11.Joe Morrow

12.Terrance Coleman

13.Rodney Coe

14.A.J Johnson

15.Jeremy Richardson

Mag & College, what I see is that we haven't carried any momentum over from last year. It may not be possible to do so in recruiting.

Like Pops said, our expectations are higher this year. Last year at this time we didn't know what to expect.

I agree with Oldaubie, our win/loss record this year will have a lot to do with it. Nine or more wins and we can show progress. Beating Georgia and/or UAT would be a big boost. If we win like that we'll flip some big names late. Less than eight wins won't help us at all, and may hinder things considerably.

Good things come to those who wait.. Just look at last year when we commited probably our 2 best defensive players on the next to last day before signing day, and the other on signing day (Whitaker and Lemonier)

I would rather have a player who has weighed his options like these two commit late and actually sign

than have somebody like DJ Howard or Spencer Region waiver and decommit..

Mag & College, what I see is that we haven't carried any momentum over from last year. It may not be possible to do so in recruiting.

Like Pops said, our expectations are higher this year. Last year at this time we didn't know what to expect.

I agree with Oldaubie, our win/loss record this year will have a lot to do with it. Nine or more wins and we can show progress. Beating Georgia and/or UAT would be a big boost. If we win like that we'll flip some big names late. Less than eight wins won't help us at all, and may hinder things considerably.

I agree. I just think the "snowball" takes more than a year. But I think they both work together. Good recruiting classes and proof on the field. Boise has had some good years as of late on the field but, as far as I know, no top 5 recruiting finishes. I think they follow each other. I think that's where the "media" or "hype" comes from, success on the field and recruiting. Maybe not so much with textbooks, cars, and houses.

If it was 'nuff said there would be no site or no posts. We're on here because we love Auburn football and there is none being played in June. Most of the year on here is speculation as was what I added. Just like every time I see guerra aguila there's a chance it may be followed by something relating to Mike Blakely. It's just a discussion and a point of view. Did I sound like Mayonegg in any way in presenting my thoughts? If I did, I apologize.

As for media value. I'm not sure how you run your business but people don't come through your door unless they know where your door is, what you have to offer, and a reason they need it. And it relates to your reputation.

i'm glad Bates (one of my favorites) is in Auburn and I don't care that he was a two star. But I still choose to want to finish 1st in every recruiting ranking rather than not. You have the choice not to care and that doesn't bother me.

I do care, thats why im here... but its early, and every time you and I have a discussion on here... im going to tell you that.

We are actually doing a little better, if not the same as this time last year. We had one great recruiting year and everybody is excited... This staff will do it again, they have the tenacity it takes to land another top 10 class. There is not much of a difference between the 9th best class and the 10th best class, just like theres not much of a difference between the number 1 class and the number 2 class.

Theres also not much of a difference between a 5.9 player and a 6.0 player.

In the end, a lot of these players are very talented and they are going to have great college careers.

If we miss out on a few, its not a big deal. Theres thousands of athletes out there.

and yes, Until Blakely signs with Florida... he is my favorite back on the list.

I would happily/Gladly/love to have Rodney Coe, or Javorious "Buck" Allen, or Dee Hart, or any back that Curtis Luper recruits to play football here.

Its obvious that the players/recruits have bought into the coaches and believe in them... but if we are going to sign that Number one class that you are looking for... a little winning will have to come into play.

I happen to think that Auburn will have a marvelous season in 2010. This in return, will have a huge impact on signing those extra few guys that may not have been on the radar, or expected to sign.

If Auburn is indeed a top 15 team next year, they will be mentioned a good bit in the media and get some attention on Game Day... this will also help. Any exposure Auburn can get, will probably help them out with certain recruits that are watching on tv.

We are going to be just fine.

I do care, thats why im here... but its early, and every time you and I have a discussion on here... im going to tell you that.

We are actually doing a little better, if not the same as this time last year. We had one great recruiting year and everybody is excited... This staff will do it again, they have the tenacity it takes to land another top 10 class. There is not much of a difference between the 9th best class and the 10th best class, just like theres not much of a difference between the number 1 class and the number 2 class.

In the end, a lot of these players are very talented and they are going to have great college careers.

If we miss out on a few, its not a big deal. Theres thousands of athletes out there.

and yes, Until Blakely signs with Florida... he is my favorite back on the list.

I would happily/Gladly/love to have Rodney Coe, or Javorious "Buck" Allen, or Dee Hart, or any back that Curtis Luper recruits to play football here.

Its obvious that the players/recruits have bought into the coaches and believe in them... but if we are going to sign that Number one class that you are looking for... a little winning will have to come into play.

I happen to think that Auburn will have a marvelous season in 2010. This in return, will have a huge impact on signing those extra few guys that may not have been on the radar, or expected to sign.

If Auburn is indeed a top 15 team next year, they will be mentioned a good bit in the media and get some attention on Game Day... this will also help. Any exposure Auburn can get, will probably help them out with certain recruits that are watching on tv.

I don't disagree with the first thing you said nor did I when I originally posted on this topic. I merely commented on the way things look today (from my perspective which I mentioned wasn't worth much) and alluded to the things we don't know right now. I didn't say it was the gospel as some may. But your in your response you addressed several of my points with what seemed to be aggravation of my point of view.

If my interpretation is correct

-you don't care about media value

-"rankings don't matter"

-"stupid star rankings"

To me what you attempted to dismiss what I was posting about. Like I said, it's June, so what do you want to talk about?

When you say you're going to tell me every time we talk that' it's early, you're presupposition is that I don't know that and that you have to remind me. I lurked on this site a long time before I said anything, for this reason. It's a great source for information and, in the downtime a lot of speculation. But there's a lot of back and forth between "family" that I didn't want to get sucked into. And you're usually not one that I've seen getting into this type stuff. Usually it's  :thumbsup: or Blakely for Governor!

I don't disagree with the first thing you said nor did I when I originally posted on this topic. I merely commented on the way things look today (from my perspective which I mentioned wasn't worth much) and alluded to the things we don't know right now. I didn't say it was the gospel as some may. But your in your response you addressed several of my points with what seemed to be aggravation of my point of view.

If my interpretation is correct

-you don't care about media value

-"rankings don't matter"

-"stupid star rankings"

To me what you attempted to dismiss what I was posting about. Like I said, it's June, so what do you want to talk about?

When you say you're going to tell me every time we talk that' it's early, you're presupposition is that I don't know that and that you have to remind me. I lurked on this site a long time before I said anything, for this reason. It's a great source for information and, in the downtime a lot of speculation. But there's a lot of back and forth between "family" that I didn't want to get sucked into. And you're usually not one that I've seen getting into this type stuff. Usually it's  :thumbsup: or Blakely for Governor!

Since its June, I would like to talk about the players themselves and our chances of landing them... I do understand your points and I didnt mean to come off aggravated. I sometimes become sensitive over player ratings, and I referred to them being stupid because I was bluntly stating my case that they dont mean everything.

Perhaps I could have used a different approach. I apologize. Sometimes my patience wears thin when other people arent patient lol.

In the end, we both seem to be on the same page that it is still early, and that a lot can happen between now and February.

With that being said... I still believe that Auburn will land a top ten class.

Keep in mind that Alabama has 12 commitments (I believe)... I dont think this affects Auburn one bit... they were far ahead of us last year and we still signed a better class according to a lot recruiting gurus.

We have a few guys right on the fence that could commit any day now... I believe when that does happen, the nerves will ease a bit.

People are getting nervous about recruiting in June? How queer...:tease:

War Eagle. That's the kind of attitude I expect from you. I appreciate it. I think we all have to be patient with each other because we are all so diverse in age, background, and knowledge (I don't have much). I just can't take the know-it-all's.

Best bet I've seen is ST and he doesn't speculate much without info so I can take it when his best guess rarely misses.

I have to agree with GA on this...success on the field will have a huge impact on the signing class of 2011.  AND, the fact that we have about 24 seniors graduating = early playing time will also be a plus.  But it is early in the "process"!  ;D ;D

War Eagle. That's the kind of attitude I expect from you. I appreciate it. I think we all have to be patient with each other because we are all so diverse in age, background, and knowledge (I don't have much). I just can't take the know-it-all's.

Best bet I've seen is ST and he doesn't speculate much without info so I can take it when his best guess rarely misses.

Recruiting sometimes gives me a headache... these young kids can change their mind like the wind.

But, at the same time... it calls for some fond memories keeping up with these athletes for a whole year wondering where they will end up.

I do a much better job keeping up with the current Auburn players lol... we know what to expect of them because we have seen them play... and of course we are itching to see the freshman come in and compete.

WAR DAMN EAGLE.

It's June and people are worried? Must be new to this recruiting thing. When CTT was at Auburn I remember several years going into the new year with single digit commitments.

Archived