For all my Christian brothers here at AE

AUnCullman

I am a Youth Minister here in Cullman as well as having a full time job and one thing I see more and more is young men who don't have a father figure in their life.  I love that about our coaches,they actually want to be a part of our recruits life.

If there is one thing I have learned about young men, even though they put on the thug, good ole boy, or whatever front, they really want to know one thing, does anybody care about me.

If you have a son, nephew, you are in youth ministry, a teacher at school, a coach, or just around young men, I want to encourage you to check this website out:

http://www.proverbsforfootball.com/PFF_Contactus.html

Lets make an impact on our future leaders and don't let the real thugs do it.

:wareagle:  :we:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having two sons myself, I agree with this totally. Raising boys into men is a tough task and shouldn't be taken lightly. The impact that you have on your sons may not be felt for several generations, but the work you do in raising them to be strong confident leaders, has a great effect on decades of children that come after them. Thanks for the work you do brother!

That's awesome, man!  Thanks for posting and War Eagle!!!

^^^This^^^

:thumbsup: What BigBird said about what Jackson-Sullivan said about the post.

I couldn't agree more with what yall have posted. I am also a youth minister, as well as, active duty military. It really makes me mad about what the world's thought is on what a man is or is suppose to be. The world has placed such a feminine spin on what a man should be that it makes me sick. If you have the opportunity to be a male influence on a young man, please step up and do so. There are so many young men that I speak to on a daily basis that don't have a father figure, let alone even know who their father is. It is really sad. I am so happy that we have coaches that really get it. They understand how needed a father is in a young man's life, and are not afraid to step up and fill this void.  War Eagle!!

I love that about our coaches,they actually want to be a part of our recruits life.

I agree wholeheartedly, brother!

I'm going to pass that link along to one of my oldest friends, who is a youth minister in Wetumpka. :thumbsup:

Was it a Merge Ministries camp?  If so, it probably was my group. Merge is a ministry me and a couple of other Youth ministers started out of frustration with what is out there for teenagers and youth leaders as well.  Alot of fluff and entertainment but no real life-change.

<><

I'm not a religious person. I have spent years of my life providing leadership and setting a positive example for youngsters. That was primarily through coaching, mostly boys but some girl's teams too.

Best wishes for anyone who will take the time and trouble to provide a positive adult role model for our youth.

Most excellent post!

I too have spent most of my life sowing in to the next generation...and there is such a need for this.

Too many kids are slipping through the cracks from lack of leadership, especially our young men...

Keep fighting the good fight...we'll know in 20 years if we are successful...

Great Post! My husband is a parole officer and that's what he say sall the time. Alot of young boys and men just need someone to lead them. I think that has been a good influence on Craig (#13). Craig is a devout christian and understands that no matter where he goes or what he's doing he has a chance to impact someones life young or old----by showing them that sometimes you are better of being your own man, and do things just because they are right and not following a crowd just to fit in. War Eagle and Good Night!

I bookmarked the site and will check it out soon.Great to hear that you and others hereat AuburnEagle are working for the Lord and helping young men be men of God.

I am a jail evangelist and I see the results that happen when there is not a strong father figure in a man's life.One of my outreaches is the Jefferson Co. family court where they detain juveniles.This is with out a doubt my favorite place to minister,because there is such a need in these young men's lives,to put it plainly,they need the Lord(just as we all do).

Hey AUinCullman,I was envited to preach at Mt.Joy baptist a couple of weeks ago(nearHanceville) and it was a blast,very nice folks there.

I will add all of you preachers to my prayer list,please pray for me as well brothers.. :we:

Guest Autiger88

Just curious. 

Is this suggestion for Christians only, or can a Jew (for example) participate?

Just Curious why do you always want to be a Smart Arse??  :dunno::banghead:

That's awesome, man!  Thanks for posting and War Eagle!!!

^^THIS^^

Just curious. 

Well I posted and I'm certainly not a Christian or any other religion and nobody has stoned me yet. I suppose it's open to all.

Why not post your thoughts and see?

Just curious. 

Absolutely!! My original post had a thread regarding devotionals that are short and sweet but have God at its center. It takes a five minutes to have a devotional each day. I suggest picking up a Bible which contains a book called Proverbs. You can read one sentence(verse) each day and it is VERY practical no matter what religion you practice and even if you aren't a religious person, it has sound advice about how we should live morally and how we should treat others. If you don't have one, you can get one at Wal-Mart or other Christian bookstores which have a better variety.

<><  :we:

Hey, no offense intended. 

I have no problem whatsover with spiritual or moral development. 

But the the title and comments on this thread gave the impression the program is very sectarian, which IMO, is not a very desirable thing. 

I think Proverbs is a wonderful source for such moral and spiritual instruction, but if it were up to me, I'd explore other sources as well.  Christianity is not the exclusive fount of ethical development.

Archived